Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For the Record: 7 Drops Yesterday....

NewColtsFan

I never said it was a drop, i said it was a ball that should be caught and wasn't. Official drops only count for perfect on target throws, they do not count a drop on a ball that is not caught and not perfectly on target. That does not always mean though that the receiver shouldn't have made the catch.

Your claim that he never touched the ball is dead wrong. He was one on one with a linebacker down the sideline being faceguarged. Luck put the ball toward his backshoulder and a little short, Fleener went up and had both hands on the ball and then lost it. Difficult catch, sure. A catch that a 6 foot 6 athletic receiving tightend needs to make, absolutely. And this isn't a thread to just pick on Fleener, it's just a point that in general our receivers dont really make many difficult catches outside of Reggie. Luck has not always had much help.

I didn't take it as a knock on Fleener and YES I will agree with you we were talking about two different plays. I was referring to the first play of the game but I actually forgot about the play you are talking about. As I stated I stand corrected...

Ballard didn`t drop that last pass either. It was wide right.Anyone covering for Luck and all his off target passes is Off target. He has thrown behing his receivers CONSTANTLY All- Season Long. His release is too slow, his arm strength must improve, and he MUST anticipate better.His receivers get the ball to late and are contested too often. So lets see what he can do.

Please stop posting

That's what the NFL says....   seven.   and six of those were on 3rd or 4th down.

We also totaled up more than 400 yards of offense...   and 25 first downs while holding the ball for roughly 37 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46065/on-the-colts-failure-to-score-on-ravens

Too bad we didn't punch it in....    I don't blame Christensen.

All things considered,   I thought we did pretty well yesterday...

Now,  on to what should be a very, very interesting off-season.......

I blame Christensen for everybody and their mother knowing we were running the ball on second down. It was just a given.

Also, Satele is a man much bigger than me, but if I ever see that head-bob again I will fight him.

With these two things combined, all the Ravens D had to do on second down was wait for the head-bob and now they know the snap count and that it's a run.

Ballard didn`t drop that last pass either. It was wide right.

Anyone covering for Luck and all his off target passes is Off target. He has thrown behing his receivers CONSTANTLY All- Season Long. His release is too slow, his arm strength must improve, and he MUST anticipate better.

His receivers get the ball to late and are contested too often. So lets see what he can do.

I suppose Avery is getting a pass for his dropped 3rd down pass too then?

Anyone covering for Luck and all his off target passes is Off target. He has thrown behing his receivers CONSTANTLY All- Season Long. His release is too slow, his arm strength must improve, and he MUST anticipate better.

His receivers get the ball to late and are contested too often. So lets see what he can do.

The ball was thrown wide right. But ask yourself, what was the intended route? It was a short distance play, and Ballard looked like he was asked to run an "out route" and he cut the corner and rounded out his pattern. Luck threw the ball as an out, but Ballard drifted up the field, thus the throw was wide right. Had ballard run a crisp out route as he was supposed to, it would have been complete. To me, the throw was on target-- the route was not precise.

The ball was thrown wide right. But ask yourself, what was the intended route? It was a short distance play, and Ballard looked like he was asked to run an "out route" and he cut the corner and rounded out his pattern. Luck threw the ball as an out, but Ballard drifted up the field, thus the throw was wide right. Had ballard run a crisp out route as he was supposed to, it would have been complete. To me, the throw was on target-- the route was not precise.

Sure when you throw in logic and sense into the argument that sounds good.

But wouldn't it be easier, and frankly make you feel better, if we just blamed it on the QB always?

Just get rid of the guy. He's terrible!! I must have been watching the wrong guy all year. Who was that guy that hit Ballard in stride and he dropped it?