Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

not upset about losing at all!

husker61

i have been a colts fan for over 40 years, and this is the first time i haven't been extremely mad about a colt loss in the playoffs. i have always stopped watching the rest of the playoffs and posting on a colts forum until it wares of in a couple months and the draft is the main topic. this has been a great season, far exceeding my expectations!

I will think too often about Ballard standing with his thumb... when he should be blocking Someone/Anybody!!

A number of dropped balls and inaccurate throws.

Mathis Blowing up Ray Rice only to see Ray cut and catch a PERFECT throw and run and run and run...

That bad play to Reggie at the goal line.

Fleenor was one on one for a Easy throw. Just better odds.

If I'm upset? Yes.

Should I be upset? No. Probably no other team could do what we have done this season. Reaching PO after being 2-14, ranked 32nd is still something to salute.

Our future is bright, but the road is very bumpy. Colts raised the pot and we will have a big bunch of new players on the roster with a much tougher schedule. We are on the right track, but we aren't there yet. Irsay said 3-4 years, keep that in mind!

What a great season.... the ride....it's just beginning. 

One thing I and many others have said all season and was painfully obvious yesterday is we have to learn to finish.  We can't win continously with field goals,we  have to score TD's.  That gives us a chance to build leads, finish teams early and turn our speed loose on defense.

But that will come hopefully next year.... In the meantime, who would have guessed this season would be so great, in fact they have set the bar very high for next season.  Next season begins now!  Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Husker, usually I stop watching football until the Super Bowl...but I was proud of the teams performance, the score wasn't indicative of the game or the effort given. We were relying on some youngins and we just got an old fashioned beating by some of the best that ever done it in the B'more defense....if we were to lose to anyone I'd prefer the Ravens...they're a great team, with alot of spirit and heart.

New to the forum but have been a Colts fan since 1998. I cannot start a new post for a bit so I posted here.  What a great season and yes every loss is dissappointing especially in the playoffs but how exciting is the future of the Colts.  I am hoping I can get some advice/help from the local fans in Indy.  I am from North Dakota and would love to take a vacation with the family next year to the Colts vs Broncos game next year.  What would be the best place to get tickets for 4 and does anyone know approximately when tickets start to sell for next year?  Where would be the best place to stay for about 3 days?  Thanks for any help and hope to see you all at LOS next year.

It still stings a bit, but I'm not upset like years past.  IMHO, we shouldn't have even been in the playoffs because we had no business winning 11 games this year.  Prior to the year, I couldn't fathom winning more than 6.  I'm also a 9ers fan, so I still have a dog in this fight.  With that said, I'm very proud of this team and eagerly await the draft/FA pickups, to include: a few big OLs, DLs, LBs and even some acquisitions at skill positions.

I do not know how you can leave being upset after this run. Grigson took a team that was solely dependent on Peyton Manning and took a giant leap forward in the rebuilding process. The fact we made the playoffs after being 2-14 and having the teams success be geared around the play of one single player is amazing job.

We just had an amazing year and just ran up against a better team on Sunday. Next year we will be fighting for the division title and right back in the playoffs.

I close the book on the Colts season a happy fan.

you know, i gotta agree with you. its been a great year. last night i was on the skins forum telling them i hope RG3 gets better soon and hope that injury isnt to serious (the way he was running and unable to cut back up the field makes me wonder if its a ACL tear) and they all kept saying its dissapointing, they suck they shouldnt have lost blah blah. but as i told myself about the colts loss yesterday, i told them they should be happy with the results they got. because like the colts, the redskins were not suppose to make the playoffs this year, as they were only predicted to win only 6 games. and not only did they make the playoffs they put on a 7 game winning streak to win the division after they were trailing 3 games behind the giants. 

the colts, i think they get another OLB (freeney will more then likely not be back), a Tackle (prefer clady or long), and fix that interior line on offense (they can fix that offensive line through free agency) and draft another CB and a SS the colts could very well win their division next year. 

I'm not sure how you could be upset about the loss. We had a great season, got rookies valuable playoff experience (on the road no less), and had a shot in the 4th quarter. This was a season like no other. We have tons of cap room, and if you think about losing means we get a higher draft pick. I would say the future is bright, but that would imply that the present is dim.

I am really not either.  Frankly unlike with most losses with Peyton where I was left with a feeling of we lost to a team we should have beat I am left with a good feeling for the future.  Largely because this team wasn't supposed to be here in the first place.  I think just being there gives them invaluable experience so when they are there again in the future they have already had the taste of getting there.  I am also thrilled with how Andrew played.  He has grown leaps and bounds in the past month I feel really good about him going forward.  He went into maybe the hardest road place to play in the NFL against as playoff savy of a team as they will see and didn't blink an eye.  He strikes me as a guy who the moment will never be bigger than.  He has work to do namely with the completion % but I think give him an o-line to block for him and some more time with his WRs and maybe even a tall WR that % will go up.  I believe more now than ever that we have the next great QB in the NFL playing for the Colts. 

Don't get me wrong I was disappointed we lost but our future is so bright and this season was just so unexpected I am choosing to just enjoy the ride than let yesterday ruin it for me. 

I'm pleased with the Colts' record but not the O-line and Pass Defense playing.

I wouldn't mind losing yesterday's game as much if the score were closer.  Andrew had nano-seconds to throw the ball and our DB's made Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana. 

we didn't get enough pressure on flacco also our run defense needs to be fixed so we wont have people like charles and jones drew running for near 200 yards

i have been a colts fan for over 40 years, and this is the first time i haven't been extremely mad about a colt loss in the playoffs. i have always stopped watching the rest of the playoffs and posting on a colts forum until it wares of in a couple months and the draft is the main topic. this has been a great season, far exceeding my expectations!

Me to being a COLT fan since 1968 i enjoyed this season more then most maybe it was because nothing was expected so it was easier to accept GO COLTS

Fans should be upset. Yes its sad that we lost! But there has been a lot of bright sides to this season! I loved this young team and this season. Also who ever predicted that we would even be in the playoffs let alone have the winning season that we did with this young coach and our rookie coach. There was so many twists and turns, to this season.  The other good news that this is the only beginning to great things to come. Now my focus has turned to College Basketball then after basketball season, the summer months will be boring. LOL. Until training camp starts. Go Colts and Go Duke Bluedevils! 

Going one and done usually does not bug me as much on the road. Especially when you have a fairly young STILL rebuilding team with a rookie QB on the road vs. a veteran Baltimore team.

Hopefully in the next year or two, next year is the dream....we can get that home playoff game. :goodluck:

I am thrilled with 11-5. Really thrilled with it. We have proven to be a TOUGH home team but have to get better on the road to really become a real threat to go far. I had us around 9-7 this year and usually people think I am too optimistic!!

Also, yesterday showed me that we likely were not ready to go into Denver or New England yet.

At least we can watch the Ravens get owned in Denver instead of the Colts. :)

I really don't  hate to disappoint you & over half of the football national audience, "but it's not gonna happen!" The Ravens are relentless, and we will prevail.  Go Ravens!  :)

Not the least bid mad about the season coming to an end.

In 45 years of being a football fan I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed a season more than this one.    One great game after another.

As far as i was concerned, we've were playing with House Money for most of the year.    Low expectation, and once we exceeded them,  it was all free money after that.    Good times!

As for it coming to an end....    I am so, So, SO excited about the future,  that I can't wait for it to get here...   every day is a new day with better possibilities.   When a team is run well -- and I think this team is very well run -- it's a pleasure to be a fan.   And that's what it's been for me this year.     An absolute pleasure.

Great franchise.    Fun team.    Good people,  really good people on the team.    And wonderful fans,  many of them right here on Colts.com

If this season ends,  that means Free Agency is right around the corner.   Then the draft.   Then camp opens in the summer...  and before you know it,  the 2013 season kicks off!!

Good times ahead my friend....    very good times indeed are ahead!!     :thmup:     :thmup:

Not the least bid mad about the season coming to an end.

In 45 years of being a football fan I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed a season more than this one.    One great game after another.

As far as i was concerned, we've were playing with House Money for most of the year.    Low expectation, and once we exceeded them,  it was all free money after that.    Good times!

As for it coming to an end....    I am so, So, SO excited about the future,  that I can't wait for it to get here...   every day is a new day with better possibilities.   When a team is run well -- and I think this team is very well run -- it's a pleasure to be a fan.   And that's what it's been for me this year.     An absolute pleasure.

Great franchise.    Fun team.    Good people,  really good people on the team.    And wonderful fans,  many of them right here on Colts.com

If this season ends,  that means Free Agency is right around the corner.   Then the draft.   Then camp opens in the summer...  and before you know it,  the 2013 season kicks off!!

Good times ahead my friend....    very good times indeed are ahead!!     :thmup:     :thmup:

Post of this thread! Well said, and right on the money. I will not tell anyone they shouldn't be upset, that is their own path. Likewise, no fan can tell me that I should be upset when we lose. I laugh at that. I had the best season I have ever had as as fan in total.....from the draft to the playoffs. Sure, 2006 had a better ending, but I am not a fan just for the SB. With odds being 1 in 32 on the average (actually took the Colts 36 years last time) that we will win the SB, that would be miserable odds for seeking enjoyment.

We acquired a killer G.M., a coach who is truly a man to follow, and a bunch of players with heart, class, grit, and determination. IMO, we have been winning all season. There is so much to like about this team and its future, I feel like a kid in school who is about to go on a field trip the next day. I can't go to sleep...... :td:

Sore loser? Who here is sore? Most of us are happy with the season we had. We just know what Manning is capable of. Now go away if you have nothing of substance to add.

Thanks you i loved the way our season went now i can't wait until MANNING gets the next SB GO COLTS GO MANNING