Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie?

bap1331

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hate to lose a guy with Austin's unique skill set, but sometimes the body & that includes both injuries & concussions just doesn't allow a player to be on the field anymore. He reminds of Bob Sanders near the end of his career too. Sharp as a tack, but the body just gives out. 

Collie is just not an option as far as I am concerned.      I mean the ship has sailed.

I don't think Irsay wants any "negative"  vibes coming the teams way if and when dude gets hurt again.

Unless helmet technology dramatically improves then there is no way we can expect him back.

JMO

Collie is just not an option as far as I am concerned.      I mean the ship has sailed.

I don't think Irsay wants any "negative"  vibes coming the teams way if and when dude gets hurt again.

Unless helmet technology dramatically improves then there is no way we can expect him back.

JMO

Yup, as much as I hate to admit this, Collie's tenure in INDY is probably done & I don't foresee widespread interest among other NFL clubs to sign him for the longterm either. Good Luck Austin. His career looked so bright & promising initially too...Too bad...I really liked Austin too.

Until he takes his 1st hit. Then the 2nd (because you know the excuse makers are simply not going to acknowledge reality: He is done.)

That pretty much summarizes it.  But, you are correct Brian. The fat lady has already sung Collie's NFL career swan song on this one...This isn't intermission, there are no more acts, the curtain has closed, and the show is over...Dim the spotlight & fade to black now...

Your life as a private citizen starts now Austin...I hope you & your family can make a smooth transition here...

I think was should just give him one last chance. I think that he would have been a big impact this season. He's clutch and could end up being lucks favorite target on 3Rd downs when we really need it. What do you say? Give him one last chance? :)

There is a " rumor " around colts camp according to Nate Dunlevy that Collie is more then likely calling it quits after talking to his family. and honestly i do not blame him, he keeps getting hurt, he will end up in a wheel chair before he is 30 if not worst. he just isnt durable enough for the NFL, and its sad because like you said he was our clutch WR, could count on him catching the ball 9 out of 10 times. but like i said Nate Dunlevy has said its just a " rumor " he dont know if there is any truth to it.

Until he takes his 1st hit. Then the 2nd (because you know the excuse makers are simply not going to acknowledge reality: He is done.)

well accoring to nate dunlevy in a story he wrote today, (may have been yesterday) there is a " rumor " swirling around colts camp that Collie is done, that he is calling it quits after talking with his family. but just a rumor so there is no real facts, hopefully he is calling it quits, poor guy is going to end up in a wheel chair before he hits 30 years old, if not worst. his body is to fragile.