Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie?

bap1331

I think was should just give him one last chance. I think that he would have been a big impact this season. He's clutch and could end up being lucks favorite target on 3Rd downs when we really need it. What do you say? Give him one last chance? :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt like Collie was a victim of poor playcalling. The concussions all came on the same sort of post into triple coverage where he had no chance but to get hit. I think he could be a valuable asset if he were protected more. Whalen will be interesting to watch but he is 20 pounds lighter and 1 inch shorter than Collie. Something to consider.

I think Collie will look to sign an incentive based contract with a team that he has a chance to get a lot of playing time with. If we don't resign Avery , it could be that the Cots would be a good fit.

I like Avery but he drops the ball way too much...

Austin Collie is pretty clutch..

I felt like Collie was a victim of poor playcalling. The concussions all came on the same sort of post into triple coverage where he had no chance but to get hit. I think he could be a valuable asset if he were protected more. Whalen will be interesting to watch but he is 20 pounds lighter and 1 inch shorter than Collie. Something to consider.
Have you seen Whalen? He's alot bigger muscle wise than Collie. He plays bigger too. I don't see weight as a problem.

Let Avery walk keep collie in the middle (if he shows he can be healthy) and put TY on the outside... Can always move them around. I'm a big Collie fan and I think he should get one more shot. He should be cheap. And he's gonna have over a year now to let his head heal. He went on IR with a knee. So maybe hold on just a little longer and he can have a good career. I do not think all is lost.

I love what Collie brings to the field but anytime he catches a ball i am yelling just get down too much... with Brazill, T.Y, Adams, Whalen, Reggie, even Palmer who i think will be a great addition with OTAs and such. we have players at the position. 

Collies had too many concussions. He's had at least 5 in the past couple years alone. Plus w/the younger guys coming in. Health wise he should retire. Why do u think Aikman & Young retired so young? Too many Concussions.

Dallas Clark had 4 or more cuncussions. If the docs say he's healthy to play and he still wants to, then I don't see why we shouldn't sign him for cheap.

If Whalen is healthy next year I'd rather go with him, he is basically a clone of Collie without a long injury list attached

I have hope Whalen will pan out, but to call him a collie clone when we really haven't seem him play is a stretch. Plus he has had injury issues, thus the reason he is on IR

I love the kid's ability, but I'm not sure I can stomach watching Collie get KO'd again.

He's on IR. because of the knee injury, right? But I agree, he doesn't seem to fit into our plans if Whalen looks as good as he did in the preseason.

If he's healthy, I hope he gets an invite to camp. Competition is always good.

I'd rather go with Whalen. He's younger, cheaper, and don't have a bunch of concussions on his resume. Whalen is basically Collie's clone and you don't have to worry so much about every hit he takes. They shouldn't let Collie turn into another Bob Sanders situation.

Dallas Clark had 4 or more cuncussions. If the docs say he's healthy to play and he still wants to, then I don't see why we shouldn't sign him for cheap.

i've heard that and it may be true...however i dont think any of the clarck (maybe 1) were as traumatic as the 4-5 collie has suffered

I dont want Collie's career to end on the Colts watch. Release him and if he still wants to play and put himself in more harm's way, it will be up to him, IMO. I think he should think long and hard about his long term health, and get some good advice.

I dont want Collie's career to end on the Colts watch. Release him and if he still wants to play and put himself in more harm's way, it will be up to him, IMO. I think he should think long and hard about his long term health, and get some good advice.

I'm sure he has

I like Collie, I don't want to see him hurt again, I wasn't expecting to see him back. I would like to see a bigger passing game, with room to run after a catch. Right now we only see a catch and immediate hit or fall to the ground due to the way and where the ball was thrown. I think Luck needs to work on his passing and we need to get back to catching with hands instead of in body so the run momemtum is kept in tact...right into the end zone.

Where is all of this support for Whalen coming from? Dude made a few plays in the preseason.

I like Collie, but there's plenty of reason to assume he's done as Colt if not for good. 

I think Whalen showed enough in preseason to show that he has good hands and runs crisp routes. I like his potential and think he can do every bit as good as Collie done in the short time he has been healthy. Whalen IMO, makes Collie expendable and hopefully he can be more dependable in the long run.

I think was should just give him one last chance. I think that he would have been a big impact this season. He's clutch and could end up being lucks favorite target on 3Rd downs when we really need it. What do you say? Give him one last chance? :)

His injury was a bit of a blessing in disguise. I don't think we would've found out how good TY is, had he not gone down with his leg injury. If he comes back healthy, I'd love to have Reggie and TY on the outside with Collie in the slot. Avery is expendable now that TY has emerged

He is insinuating Peyton floated balls that got Austin lit up

Yea, that is what I figured. I didn't want to accuse someone of such a ridiculous comment though. Cause clearly it's Manning's fault the Eagle players collided which led him to drive through Austin.