Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reed's post game comments to Wayne

Slick_Rick

I was watching NFLN and the were talking about a post game interaction between Ed Reed and Reggie. According to them Reed said, "Luck was effective all day at looking me off. He's going to be a great one." Wow. That's a compliment from one of the best safeties to ever play this game. Yes we lost, but that's a great note to go forward on.

Yes it is.  Not shocking since Wayne and Reed used to be old college roommates as well as teammates (Reed once killed Wayne's pet snake by mistake).  They are good friends.  It's funny as much as the city of Baltimore might not like Indianapolis over the whole Colts thing there are a lot of close ties between the coaches and players rather it be Caldwell or Pagano, Redding and Zibs, or Wayne and Reed, or John Harbaugh's brother being a former QB for the Colts and his brother in law leading the IU basketball team there are just a lot relationships there. 

Yes it is. Not shocking since Wayne and Reed used to be old college roommates as well as teammates (Reed once killed Wayne's pet snake by mistake). They are good friends. It's funny as much as the city of Baltimore might not like Indianapolis over the whole Colts thing there are a lot of close ties between the coaches and players rather it be Caldwell or Pagano, Redding and Zibs, or Wayne and Reed, or John Harbaugh's brother being a former QB for the Colts and his brother in law leading the IU basketball team there are just a lot relationships there.

lololololol just read the story on the snake and thats hilarious.

It was worth it for us to make the playoffs so our offensive rookies could play against a team with those football-smart veterans on defense..

....They may never see a team with that much experience...again....

That tape (and the experience on the road) could be invaluable in the off-season...

Luck had a very good game...he def out performed the other rookies playing yesterday...but his receivers simply weren't catching VERY well thrown balls....

Plus all the time he spent on his back. I'd love to see how formidable he could be with a good O-line, good running game and his throwing ability.

I heard that too, was surprised but glad to hear that coming from Reed.  But he's right, just give Luck a decenlt O-line, and he will work wonders !!!

Why were you surprised? Anybody with a lick of sense could see Luck played excellent

I would love to see Ed Reed retire with a ring. As long as he's been playing, Ifeel like he deserves one more than any other player in the playoffs. All this talk about how people want to see Manning get another ring, he has a ring. Rodgers has a ring, Brady has 3 rings. Ed Reed has NONE, and he's easily a first ballot hall of famer in my book. If anyone deserves a ring of the teams left, give it to this man.

I was watching NFLN and the were talking about a post game interaction between Ed Reed and Reggie. According to them Reed said, "Luck was effective all day at looking me off. He's going to be a great one." Wow. That's a compliment from one of the best safeties to ever play this game. Yes we lost, but that's a great note to go forward on.

Maybe we can get our participation ribbons too.

Yea hhe did something along the lines of "Luck knows wheres he's going with the football but is scanning and then going there". Sound's like he is finally breaking that stair  reciever down habit.

Just because that was repeated on this board doesn't mean it was true

Maybe we can get our participation ribbons too.

You're right. Maybe making the playoffs was a bad thing. Especially, considering how last season and the past offseason went. I'm sorry if I came off as too grateful for having a team to support when 20 others were sitting at home.

Just because that was repeated on this board doesn't mean it was true

Yeah I think Luck's flaws; stares down receivers, holds on to the ball to long, can't throw the long ball, while true in many instances, were a tad overstated on these boards at times.

I heard that, I was happy he came out and said that. The only one I dont care for on that Ravens' D is Bernard Pollard, everyone probably knows why. :) He is probably universal enemy No.1 for most offensive units.

Can't hate a guy for hitting hard and playing the ball.

haha.  Okay, okay - sure you can.  You can hate him for being on the opposing team, and helping to stop your team from winning (don't mean that in a snide way) - but you can't hate him for the way he plays :)

Sure you can, if it's deserved.  I'm not saying that it is or is not deserved in Pollard's case.  Haven't paid too much attention to him.  Now Cortland Finnegan on the other hand, I can't stand him.  He's a punk and it's specifically for the way he plays that I hate him.

I heard that, I was happy he came out and said that. The only one I dont care for on that Ravens' D is Bernard Pollard, everyone probably knows why. :) He is probably universal enemy No.1 for most offensive units.

...we call BP (Bernard Pollard) "the Enforcer," cause he lowers da' boom on anyone who dares come into the secondary! Next up....Denver. If people think they're just gonna roll over top of us, they don't know the Ravens!

P.S.

Andrew Luck is gonna be a force to be reckoned with as time passes.  Hopefully he won't turn out to be another Peyton Manning in the works.  We (da Ravens) don't need to face two of them dudes during the season! (lol)

You're right. Maybe making the playoffs was a bad thing. Especially, considering how last season and the past offseason went. I'm sorry if I came off as too grateful for having a team to support when 20 others were sitting at home.

We all have opinions here........and I will respect yours as well as anyone else who posts on any topic.