Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will your expectations be higher then ever for next season?

Jules

I agree, I hope we can get the AFC South back. That home playoff game will be huge. I also do not think/feel Luck will have a slump. With the amount of interceptions at times this year and the o line issues I think he will improve. He is a smart one.

It just sucks we have to wait so long now for meaningful Colts football again!!! But, at least they gave us something to look forward too as well. And some good memories.

I'm with most of the posts on here already-- Division Champs is my first goal for next season. I know it should be a goal for each and every year, but I will be the first to admit that I wanted 3 wins this season. I was given a great gift indeed!

Kind of depends on how well Griggs can address the Oline, fortify the middle of our defensive line, and find a replacement for Freeney during the offseason.  Also finding another solid corner would be prudent.  But I am expecting them to be battling the Texans for the South and in the thick of things for the playoffs again next year.   Hopefully they can break through for a post season win.

The defense, after years of ineptitude, is better.

The special teams, after years of ineptitude, is also better.

Now, for the love of all that is holy, address the pass protection so we can be a legitimate contender.

Expectations are: Don't field a bottom of the barrel O-line for the sixth season in a row.

No. I don't expect them to win the Super Bowl and I wouldn't be suprised if we miss the playoffs and experience a setback. What I'm hoping for is an improved Offensive Line that can protect Luck adequately. An improved play by Andrew Luck and the other rookies (Ballad picking up the blitz, Fleener a weapon like Gronk etc.) and some improvement on our Defense.

So no one expects a dropoff next season?  We will have many new faces to incorporate into the team next season and possibly we will have a new offensive coordinator too.  It will take time for it all to gel.

I think the Pagano effect took us a long way this season. 

The vast majority of these posts reflect exactly what I've been expressing dread about on here for months. On what rational basis would anyone conclude now that the Colts "should" win the division and advance in the playoffs or be a disappointment? Is that fair to a young/rebuilding team, or a coaching staff/front office in their second year?

How about the team improves on both sides of the ball but they happen to have a few less miracles? How about hoping that they score more points than they give up, that Luck performs more consistently, maturely, and efficiently, that they beat the truly lousy teams a bit more convincingly (and don't get upset by any of them), that they win 50% of their games against other average teams, and that they put up a good show against the elite teams without getting blown out. Just being in the wild-card hunt would make it a good year. Any more than that would once again be gravy.

So no one expects a dropoff next season?  We will have many new faces to incorporate into the team next season and possibly we will have a new offensive coordinator too.  It will take time for it all to gel.

I think the Pagano effect took us a long way this season. 

Possibly, but we can't have any more new faces than this year.

Besides the Pagano effect ( which did have an impact), I thought the coaches were great this year.

The vast majority of these posts reflect exactly what I've been expressing dread about on here for months. On what rational basis would anyone conclude now that the Colts "should" win the division and advance in the playoffs or be a disappointment? Is that fair to a young/rebuilding team, or a coaching staff/front office in their second year?

How about the team improves on both sides of the ball but they happen to have a few less miracles? How about hoping that they score more points than they give up, that Luck performs more consistently, maturely, and efficiently, that they beat the truly lousy teams a bit more convincingly (and don't get upset by any of them), that they win 50% of their games against other average teams, and that they put up a good show against the elite teams without getting blown out. Just being in the wild-card hunt would make it a good year. Any more than that would once again be gravy. .

Because we're fanatics

I predicted and expected 5 wins, then changed to 7 after the preseason. Therefore, yes, I will raise my expectations to 8 or more wins. However, I am humbled by the fantastic effort that the entire organization gave me this season and they have earned support from me no matter what happens next season.

Just

After an exciting whirlwind 11-5 season with all kinds of ups and downs with a rookie QB what kind of expectations will you have next season?
'

Just to make the playoffs...like every year...

I want to make the playoffs every year...I think that should be the goal of every team.

anybody who makes the playoffs can win it all

I predicted and expected 5 wins, then changed to 7 after the preseason. Therefore, yes, I will raise my expectations to 8 or more wins. However, I humbled by the fantastic effort that the entire organization gave me this season and they have earned support from me no matter what happens next season.

Support is a give in..... but a Playoff win will be THE DRUG.

Sorry Texan fans, but next year we will begin our run of Division titles for the next 10+ years....enjoy it while it lasts.

With the amount of money Grigson will have to spend this offseason, we can upgrade just about every facet of our team. The truly awesome part though, QB may be the most improved spot next year....Luck's sophomore jump will be legendary. A first round bye and at least an appearance in the AFC Championship game is where I see our team next year, offseason pending.

no my expectations wont be higher, with games against seattle, san fran, houston, denver, st louis (their getting better) we have a tough schedule next year. not to mention we go to san diego also. this year we did benefit from an easy schedule. next year not so much. 

How about the team improves on both sides of the ball but they happen to have a few less miracles? How about hoping that they score more points than they give up, that Luck performs more consistently, maturely, and efficiently, that they beat the truly lousy teams a bit more convincingly (and don't get upset by any of them), that they win 50% of their games against other average teams, and that they put up a good show against the elite teams without getting blown out. Just being in the wild-card hunt would make it a good year. Any more than that would once again be gravy.

Sorry MAC, but why would ou dread fans having high expectations? If your expectations are lower, then you are placing yourself in a good position. What the fans think or expect will not affect how we end up one iota. It has no bearing whatsoever on the team.

And it is a reasonable expectation. We will get better players and, with more coaching time and a maturing team, it is a very real and fair view. Certainly not guaranteed, but what is in life?

no my expectations wont be higher, with games against seattle, san fran, houston, denver, st louis (their getting better) we have a tough schedule next year. not to mention we go to san diego also. this year we did benefit from an easy schedule. next year not so much. 

Disagree. I think the schedule is not that bad. We have Denver and Seattle at home, and we can beat anyone there. But it is all guess work at this point...

The defense, after years of ineptitude, is better.

The special teams, after years of ineptitude, is also better.

Now, for the love of all that is holy, address the pass protection so we can be a legitimate contender.

Expectations are: Don't field a bottom of the barrel O-line for the sixth season in a row.

bingo

Sorry Texan fans, but next year we will begin our run of Division titles for the next 10+ years....enjoy it while it lasts.

With the amount of money Grigson will have to spend this offseason, we can upgrade just about every facet of our team. The truly awesome part though, QB may be the most improved spot next year....Luck's sophomore jump will be legendary. A first round bye and at least an appearance in the AFC Championship game is where I see our team next year, offseason pending.

Spending money on free agents mean nothing.  Just ask the Eagles. 

I have no idea what to expect record wise. I think we'll be a good team but we may win less games just because there will be alot of turnover next season.

IF* we have a good draft and make some good FA signings then we might be able to win the south and maybe be a dark horse in the playoffs.

Sorry MAC, but why would ou dread fans having high expectations? If your expectations are lower, then you are placing yourself in a good position. What the fans think or expect will not affect how we end up one iota. It has no bearing whatsoever on the team.

And it is a reasonable expectation. We will get better players and, with more coaching time and a maturing team, it is a very real and fair view. Certainly not guaranteed, but what is in life?

True, but it affects the forum.

High expectations lead to bitter disappointment if not met. That's fine if you are an elite team. But the less reasonable the expectations, the higher the probability that disappointment will be cruelly rampant on this forum next year. It gets a bit exhausting. It would be nice if most people were dancing in the streets with delight next year even if the team "just" goes 9-7 and barely misses the playoffs. The team could improve dramatically in all facets without exceeding that - and I'd call it a healthy and satisfying progression, not a failure.

The schedule won't be as easy next season...I do expect the Colts in the playoffs again next year as long as Luck stays healthy and isn't on the cover of Madden (curse) and Indy isn't hosting the Super Bowl next season (ultimate jinx) I really want to give a big Thank You for the (team/coaches/radio broadcast crew/front office)for making football a exciting escape from reality for the last 4 months, this was one of the funnest seasons as a fan I've ever had. I just have to get the last image of Lewis coming on the field to do another "look at me" dance out of my head.

Expectations? How about I offer my best guess on next season.

I think we'll end up 10-6, or 11-5, but will end up being a much better team at season's end than we are now.

We'll content for the division, but may not win it.

I think we'll be a much more legitimate contender in the play-offs. A team others won't take lightly.

Losing a play-off game next year will feel worse.