Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore at Denver - 4:40 p.m. EST Jan. 12

oldunclemark

I thought there were a lot of open receivers in the Baltimore secondary today....

..and Denver can give Peyton time....

The Ravens cant leave that old defense on the field a lot or they'll wear out...

...but Baltimore has already played Denver.....and that's plus for them

alot will depend on if Kuper & especially Clady can play and to what effectiveness, also Kuper hasnt played 3 games in a row yet

Rmirrez is good in run situations not pasing and with revamped Raven D line can present issues, Peyton needs to stay clean in posket

SEE  for latest on Kuper & Clady

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/14477-broncos-have-questions-to-answer-on-denver-offensive-line-before-playoffs-will-face-some-ravens-who-sat-out-the-previous-meeting/#entry382900

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Broncos will have much trouble with Baltimore. Maybe it's close early, but ultimately Flacco will throw up on his own shoes (metaphorically) at some point in the game. The Ravens are one of those teams that plays noticeably better at home and it's going to be hostile at Mile High.

I'd predict something like 24-17, but it won't ever "feel" that close.

I, for one, would love to see another Brady-Manning championship game. They're 1-1 in those, so bragging rights go with this one. :thmup:

I don't think the Broncos will have much trouble with Baltimore. Maybe it's close early, but ultimately Flacco will throw up on his own shoes (metaphorically) at some point in the game. The Ravens are one of those teams that plays noticeably better at home and it's going to be hostile at Mile High.

I, for one, would love to see another Brady-Manning championship game. They're 1-1 in those, so bragging rights go with this one. :thmup:

Well you can brag this time but when Manning beats Brady this year then we get the bragging rights. :thmup:

I like Manning, have no ill will towards him at all, but I'm rooting for Baltimore, and if Denver makes it to the Championship game, I'll be rooting for whoever is on the other side, whether it be the Patriots or the Texans, and if they make the superbowl (long shot) I'll be rooting for the NFC. Why you ask? Because of the "Broncos" fan base, and John Elway. The Broncos fans have single hand-idly put the Broncos at the top of my most hated NFL teams.

If Manning had went to SF I'd probably be rooting for him to win it all, but since it's the Broncos I hope the Ravens beat them 55 - 6.

Do you live near Denver or something? All team's fanbases are annoying if you are too close to them, but I know nothing about Denvers. Now the Yankees and the Phillies fanbases I might have an opinion on. : haha:

I always liked Denver - and Baltimore for that matter. The later because of growing up a Baltimore Colts fan, and the former because - well - horses are cool. That's part of the reason I'm a Colts fan in the first place. :)

I lived through the "Elway snub", and I've detested the man for it. It dropped the Broncos WAY down my list for the duration of his career. But Elway has been redeemed sufficiently in my view through his over the top enthusiasm for Peyton. Elways arrogance was always a turnoff, now he says "I want Peyton to retire as the greatest QB of all time". How many other QBs would ever even hint that a different QB has a chance to be better than them.

Bottom line, I'm having a little bit of difficulty with the contradictions inherent in your post. You are SUCH a big Colts fan that you still harbor a grudge against Elway because of something that happened 30 years ago, yet all you can say about the amazing QB that brought all of us pure joy for fourteen years, is that "you have no ill will towards him". How nice of you. One would think that everlasting gratitude, respect, affection, and goodwill for the future would be more appropriate, but that's just me.

I honestly dont think the Ravens will go to Mile High and beat the Broncos..

Also, the poster who said he despises Broncos fans, whatd we do?! We're just confident in our team this year and are enjoying the ride. 

Well you can brag this time but when Manning beats Brady this year then we get the bragging rights. :thmup:

I don't know Susie, big lead for #12 in the head-to-heads. ;)   (J/K, J/K...)

I'm just glad the friendly rivalry with these two guys will continue. We're all pretty blessed, as football fans, to get to see it.

I don't know Susie, big lead for #12 in the head-to-heads. ;)   (J/K, J/K...)

I'm just glad the friendly rivalry with these two guys will continue. We're all pretty blessed, as football fans, to get to see it.

I think we can agree its going to be Broncos-Pats.

IF it comes to that, itll definitely be a huge one

You can have your bragging rights GOPats, that's A-Okay to me; you can even share them with Susie Q. I just want to see 2 QB masters Manning & Brady manipulate each other's secondary. Grant vs Lee...I will always have profound respect for both field generals. My only requirement: I just want the NFC SB contender to be either the 49ers or Seattle. I don't want the SB to be a cake walk for either Manning or Brady. The Falcons are a house of cards ready to fall & they don't deserve to go to New Orleans IMO. 

Do you live near Denver or something? All team's fanbases are annoying if you are too close to them, but I know nothing about Denvers. Now the Yankees and the Phillies fanbases I might have an opinion on. : haha:

I always liked Denver - and Baltimore for that matter. The later because of growing up a Baltimore Colts fan, and the former because - well - horses are cool. That's part of the reason I'm a Colts fan in the first place. :)

I lived through the "Elway snub", and I've detested the man for it. It dropped the Broncos WAY down my list for the duration of his career. But Elway has been redeemed sufficiently in my view through his over the top enthusiasm for Peyton. Elways arrogance was always a turnoff, now he says "I want Peyton to retire as the greatest QB of all time". How many other QBs would ever even hint that a different QB has a chance to be better than them.

Bottom line, I'm having a little bit of difficulty with the contradictions inherent in your post. You are SUCH a big Colts fan that you still harbor a grudge against Elway because of something that happened 30 years ago, yet all you can say about the amazing QB that brought all of us pure joy for fourteen years, is that "you have no ill will towards him". How nice of you. One would think that everlasting gratitude, respect, affection, and goodwill for the future would be more appropriate, but that's just me.

Because, I unlike most here, feel that Manning was greedy with his time here, and he may have been the reason we were in contention for so many Rings, but he is also the reason we only have one. He did do lot's of positive things for the city of Indianapolis that I can't speak to, as I live in NY, but while Tom Brady was out there taking pay cuts to get his team some top tier WR's, Manning was greedy.

I feel that Manning was offered a deal to re-work his contract to come back as a Colt, but he wanted big money, and he wanted to continue to get big money, and he wanted the monstrosity that Indianapolis had in the front office / coaching to stay in place. Everyone else crucifies the Colts for letting Manning go, but I see it differently, I believe he was given the opportunity to come back, and compete for the Starting QB job, a job which he would have won, if he took an incentive based deal because of his neck injuries.

If Manning could do it all over again, I think he would have stayed, he thought we would be "rebuilding" and bottom of the barrel, with no talent to surround himself with and, he wanted to win a superbowl. Kinda selfish if you ask me, showing no respect for an organization that made you the highest paid player in the NFL, and even paid 25 mil for you to sit out an entire season. If it were Tom Brady, he would have showed loyalty to his team, and found common ground they could both have worked out. Reggie Wayne stayed loyal to the Colts, he came back, and he flourished in the face of adversity, can't say the same for Manning.

Some might say, Luck was too good to sit for 3 years, well you might be right, but the fact is, he was willing to do it.

But, what is done is done. Like I said I have no ill-will towards Manning. I don't like who he is as a person, but he is a hell of a football player. I'm not rooting for him, because of the departure that left a sour taste in my mouth.

As for Denver, I've had my run in with my fair share of Broncos fans, arrogant and bitter. I also don't like Elway, or his attitude.

There are people out there, tons of them, that think Manning got the short end of the stick, and was pushed out of Indianapolis, but I think it went the other way, and I'm not alone.

Because, I unlike most here, feel that Manning was greedy with his time here, and he may have been the reason we were in contention for so many Rings, but he is also the reason we only have one. He did do lot's of positive things for the city of Indianapolis that I can't speak to, as I live in NY, but while Tom Brady was out there taking pay cuts to get his team some top tier WR's, Manning was greedy.

I feel that Manning was offered a deal to re-work his contract to come back as a Colt, but he wanted big money, and he wanted to continue to get big money, and he wanted the monstrosity that Indianapolis had in the front office / coaching to stay in place. Everyone else crucifies the Colts for letting Manning go, but I see it differently, I believe he was given the opportunity to come back, and compete for the Starting QB job, a job which he would have won, if he took an incentive based deal because of his neck injuries.

If Manning could do it all over again, I think he would have stayed, he thought we would be "rebuilding" and bottom of the barrel, with no talent to surround himself with and, he wanted to win a superbowl. Kinda selfish if you ask me, showing no respect for an organization that made you the highest paid player in the NFL, and even paid 25 mil for you to sit out an entire season. If it were Tom Brady, he would have showed loyalty to his team, and found common ground they could both have worked out. Reggie Wayne stayed loyal to the Colts, he came back, and he flourished in the face of adversity, can't say the same for Manning.

Some might say, Luck was too good to sit for 3 years, well you might be right, but the fact is, he was willing to do it.

But, what is done is done. Like I said I have no ill-will towards Manning. I don't like who he is as a person, but he is a hell of a football player. I'm not rooting for him, because of the departure that left a sour taste in my mouth.

As for Denver, I've had my run in with my fair share of Broncos fans, arrogant and bitter. I also don't like Elway, or his attitude.

There are people out there, tons of them, that think Manning got the short end of the stick, and was pushed out of Indianapolis, but I think it went the other way, and I'm not alone.

There has been plenty of evidence to the contrary to your opinion.

This gets my vote for the most ridiculous post ever. And you are alone in that way of thinking. Absolute absurdity. Irsay wanted Luck. PERIOD.

There has been plenty of evidence to the contrary to your opinion.

Jim Irsay said this, 2/15/2012

"We want this to be his decision," Irsay told ESPN on Tuesday. "We want him back if he wants to come back. We can work out the contract if he wants to work it out. It's going to be Peyton's call."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7575906/jim-irsay-says-peyton-manning-meeting-next-week-return-qb

What is your evidence? Half the story from ESPN? Were you there for the Irsay negotiations?

But you are the one making the accusation, so the burden of proof is on you, dont you think?

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle but then, I am not one prone to extremities in opinion or blind acceptance.

It would be hard to argue that this has been a win-win for both Luck and Peyton. Personally, it would not have been fair for Luck to sit around, and for Peyton to have the weight of "you suck, play Luck" either if he started slow. That is just my opinion, that had to be factored in at some point in the decision, IMO. That was also the reason Elway got rid of Tebow too because he knew first hand what happened when Orton started slow, with billboards taken out asking Broncos to play Tebow etc.

RG3 was recruited by Jim Harbaugh out of Texas to play in a 2-QB system with Luck, he refused, that was reported on SNF, if I remember. That is how confident QBs are, why should they play second fiddle if they are that good? That applies to Luck too, IMO.

I believe the right decision was made by Irsay. It was hands down the right thing to do.

But you are the one making the accusation, so the burden of proof is on you, dont you think?

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle but then, I am not one prone to extremities in opinion or blind acceptance.

I said it was my opinion, he said there were facts that disprove my way of thinking. That's the beauty of the world, you are presented with information, and you can draw your own conclusion out of that information.

Quote him saying what you want... i'll go back and re read and watch everything that went on between the two and the real story will come out.. Irsay wanted Luck and to rebuild, Peyton wanted to play for the Colts but also wanted to win Championships. Hence what happened.

Quote him saying what you want... i'll go back and re read and watch everything that went on between the two and the real story will come out.. Irsay wanted Luck and to rebuild, Peyton wanted to play for the Colts but also wanted to win Championships. Hence what happened.

No doubt, Peyton had no faith that he could win on a "rebuilding" Colts squad. It's all water under the bridge at this point, and I'll continue to look at it the way I perceived it. I was just explaining why I felt the way I felt to someone who was curious. Some may think it silly, and flame me for it, but hey that's their prerogative.

I don't know Susie, big lead for #12 in the head-to-heads. ;) (J/K, J/K...)

It's clear that those two guys really have a lot of respect for each other. Lately, that friendly rivalry has produced some inspired play out of both of them. I might hate the Pats and Brady, but it's purely out of rivalry and I can admit that watching Brady and Manning going head to head is one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed in sports. I really hope to see it again.

High of 30 degrees, partly sunny...

Early forecast says: Colder than its been...

most forecasts i saw said  snow probable   (( also 20 degrees  )) , which wiould help running game of Ravens & hurt route running of  Bronco receivers I imagine

heres one example, of course alot can change by then

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USCO0105

It's clear that those two guys really have a lot of respect for each other. Lately, that friendly rivalry has produced some inspired play out of both of them. I might hate the Pats and Brady, but it's purely out of rivalry and I can admit that watching Brady and Manning going head to head is one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed in sports. I really hope to see it again.

Could not agree more, but I've found over the years that any resentment I've felt toward the Colts has kind of fizzled out. What's left is a sort of grudging respect for a team and a player who have made some Sunday afternoons at my house kind of miserable at times, lol...

Could not agree more, but I've found over the years that any resentment I've felt toward the Colts has kind of fizzled out. What's left is a sort of grudging respect for a team and a player who have made some Sunday afternoons at my house kind of miserable at times, lol...

Yeah, I said hate, but that's a bit of an overstatement. I respect the Pats for their continued level of excellence and it's the one game on the schedule that I always fear losing, because they always have the ability to blow their opponents out. It used to be with smothering defense, now it's with a prolific offense. Either way they are always dangerous. But I still wanted so badly for Cincinnati to win and for the Colts to win so that we could have another shot at the Pats.

Yeah, I said hate, but that's a bit of an overstatement. I respect the Pats for their continued level of excellence and it's the one game on the schedule that I always fear losing, because they always have the ability to blow their opponents out. It used to be with smothering defense, now it's with a prolific offense. Either way they are always dangerous. But I still wanted so badly for Cincinnati to win and for the Colts to win so that we could have another shot at the Pats.

It used to kind of annoy me when the Patriots or Colts would lose to some other team in the playoffs. Always felt like it should come down to those two.

Brady and Belichick will hang around a few more years, I think, so Luck and the Colts will inevitably get that rematch. Just a matter of time. I was listening to local sports radio this morning and they interviewed Herm Edwards... he was talking about Luck's season and saying, "imagine what he's going to be in another two or three years" after they get him some protection and build a defense. You guys must be psyched, you've got the most important position locked up for a decade-plus!

It used to kind of annoy me when the Patriots or Colts would lose to some other team in the playoffs. Always felt like it should come down to those two.

Brady and Belichick will hang around a few more years, I think, so Luck and the Colts will inevitably get that rematch. Just a matter of time. I was listening to local sports radio this morning and they interviewed Herm Edwards... he was talking about Luck's season and saying, "imagine what he's going to be in another two or three years" after they get him some protection and build a defense. You guys must be psyched, you've got the most important position locked up for a decade-plus!

Nah, he only completes 54% of his throws. And have YOU SEEN that passer rating - ugh. The same as Dan Orlovsky from last year. Sheesh.....

Nah, he only completes 54% of his throws. And have YOU SEEN that passer rating - ugh. The same as Dan Orlovsky from last year. Sheesh.....

It's true... he's a bust. We'll take him off your hands though, maybe for a 5th and 6th?

I'm confident. It won't be easy but our players are focused. I think the Broncos are vastly superior to the Colts in all facets of the game. Anquin Boldin had ZERO catches against Chris Harris and Eric Decker smoked Cary Wiiliams in their crib. They are healthier but we also get Kuper back!

Broncos' Willis McGahee, Ryan Clady return to practice field

((( I cant tell if limited or not from articel )))

Read more:Broncos' Willis McGahee, Ryan Clady return to practice field - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22332538/broncos-willis-mcgahee-ryan-clady-return-practice-field#ixzz2HPqfEoit

Broncos' Peyton Manning,  named Professional atlete of the year b

The Colorado Sports Hall of Fame

Read more:Broncos' Peyton Manning, swimmer Missy Franklin named athletes of year - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22332980/broncos-peyton-manning-swimmer-missy-franklin-named-athletes#ixzz2HPrR1B5a

5 KEY  Ravens Changes From Last Denver Game that improve their game

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/5-Ravens-Changes-From-Last-Denver-Game/fde8375c-32c3-4cf7-b631-9951e4796c29

I'm confident. It won't be easy but our players are focused. I think the Broncos are vastly superior to the Colts in all facets of the game. Anquin Boldin had ZERO catches against Chris Harris and Eric Decker smoked Cary Wiiliams in their crib. They are healthier but we also get Kuper back!

If the Broncos are vastly superior to the Colts in every facet of the game, do you agree that a rookie (Luck) being only 2 wins behind Manning (who is fav for the MVP) should really be the winner? Makes sense, yes? You behind me?

Peyton Manning More Man Or Computer?

Pollard says Peyton is Macbook computer

We’ve got the MacBook that’s going to be under center,” Pollard told ESPN. “That dude is a freaking computer, man. He’s one of the best in the game.”

While Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh called it a great analogy, he wasn’t exactly buying into Pollard’s nickname.

“He’s not a computer; that’s for sure,” Harbaugh said Monday. “He may have a computer for a brain, but he’s a man.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Peyton-Manning-More-Man-Or-Computer/73c1e469-d605-477d-9d5d-4915a12aaec6

Broncos' Willis McGahee, Ryan Clady return to practice field

((( I cant tell if limited or not from articel )))

Read more:Broncos' Willis McGahee, Ryan Clady return to practice field - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22332538/broncos-willis-mcgahee-ryan-clady-return-practice-field#ixzz2HPqfEoit

Broncos' Peyton Manning,  named Professional atlete of the year b

The Colorado Sports Hall of Fame

Read more:Broncos' Peyton Manning, swimmer Missy Franklin named athletes of year - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22332980/broncos-peyton-manning-swimmer-missy-franklin-named-athletes#ixzz2HPrR1B5a

5 KEY  Ravens Changes From Last Denver Game that improve their game

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/5-Ravens-Changes-From-Last-Denver-Game/fde8375c-32c3-4cf7-b631-9951e4796c29

No one seems to be worried about Clady and Kuper, so that's a relief. Though Manny has played well the last few games in Kuper's stead. If he is not full strength, Manny can play also.

If the Broncos are vastly superior to the Colts in every facet of the game, do you agree that a rookie (Luck) being only 2 wins behind Manning (who is fav for the MVP) should really be the winner? Makes sense, yes? You behind me?

Well, offensive and defensive rankings show Denver at 4th and 2nd if you believe such things. But my eyes say so, too. Our front 7 on both sides and secondary are really very good. And while I'm a big Reggie fan, I would argue Thomas and Decker are as good a tandem as anyone in the league. During the last Colts' game, my husband uttered "how did they win 11 games?" I couldn't answer that. Numbers can be funny. No one is a bigger Andrew Luck fan than I am, and I do know what he can do because I've seen it all from him. And the Colts definitely have the intangibles. But Denver hasn't lost a game since October 7. And all the games were won by more than 7 points. I've never felt this comfortable with our team since 1997.

No one seems to be worried about Clady and Kuper, so that's a relief. Though Manny has played well the last few games in Kuper's stead. If he is not full strength, Manny can play also.

Well, offensive and defensive rankings show Denver at 4th and 2nd if you believe such things. But my eyes say so, too. Our front 7 on both sides and secondary are really very good. And while I'm a big Reggie fan, I would argue Thomas and Decker are as good a tandem as anyone in the league. During the last Colts' game, my husband uttered "how did they win 11 games?" I couldn't answer that. Numbers can be funny. No one is a bigger Andrew Luck fan than I am, and I do know what he can do because I've seen it all from him. And the Colts definitely have the intangibles. But Denver hasn't lost a game since October 7. And all the games were won by more than 7 points. I've never felt this comfortable with our team since 1997.

with Ray Lewis & Suggs back I want a strong middlle and Kuper better to protect Peyton, than Manny , just hope strength and conditioning maintained well with whatever the injury he had was

article didnt mention Kuper

========================================================

Hope u read the 5 keys, the 5 key players back from injury is only 1 of the 5 keys overall keys,

New offensive line has geelled,

2nd running back now offeres a 2 headed spear instead of just rice which will help them at mile high and he has speed , diferent tyope of back

other items noted in article, all discussed  in it not just listed

with Ray Lewis & Suggs back I want a strong middlle and Kuper better to protect Peyton, than Manny , just hope strength and conditioning maintained well with whatever the injury he had was

article didnt mention Kuper

========================================================

Hope u read the 5 keys, the 5 key players back from injury is only 1 of the 5 keys overall keys,

New offensive line has geelled,

2nd running back now offeres a 2 headed spear instead of just rice which will help them at mile high and he has speed , diferent tyope of back

other items noted in article, all discussed  in it not just listed

Yeah, I did. It's not that I'm not concerned. But I just feel like that they are going to play well. Being at MH is a big advantage, and the Broncos play-by-play guy said that there is a sense of unity and purpose in the locker room, and young guys are working really hard because they hate to be the one to let Peyton down. Eddie Mac said the same thing. And getting Kuper back is a huge comfort factor for me. I think they'll come through even if it's a tough game.

Yeah, I did. It's not that I'm not concerned. But I just feel like that they are going to play well. Being at MH is a big advantage, and the Broncos play-by-play guy said that there is a sense of unity and purpose in the locker room, and young guys are working really hard because they hate to be the one to let Peyton down. Eddie Mac said the same thing. And getting Kuper back is a huge comfort factor for me. I think they'll come through even if it's a tough game.

I just hope it doesnt snow, it will be pretty frigid thopugh

As of right now, 19 high, 10 low, 20% chance of precip (59 now!). That's pretty cold by Denver standard, I think. Let's hope it won't be too bad.

20% chance of snow , minimum wind at 7 MPH,

Know tight now u r relatively warm but changes coming & sat is coldest of all days even afterwards

anyway I am off, if see Bronco injury report will note it here, but back to needed computer things

& expecting call from Moms internist, leg may be getting infected says a nurse, I doubt from what I saw earlier   but do expect an antibiotic as precaution as large area involved

just hope they treat it gingerly, the person changing the bandages is the only one i dont fully trust there , but that may be a language issue though she insisted she cleans the nebul;izer well I thought thought filthy, showed director then 3 minutes later I showed again, & d said there that's 6 months worth of accumulation I washed out & cleaned in 3 minutes   fast, my mom was breathing it in , she needs instruction I insisted 

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US