Photo

LOS vs M&T Bank Stadium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#41 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9610 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I've been in the Luke when it was so loud I could not hear myself screaming.

Oh Brian, I think we all know those screams are all in your head.....

I kid

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 nothing0

nothing0
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Oh Brian, I think we all know those screams are all in your head..... I kid

Oh that's why I can't hear them.  :yay:

#43 manning04

manning04
  • 915 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

My last game in RCA was the game we played the Pats and we both were undefeated that was loud.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#44 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13677 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Yeah pretty tough to win @ Baltimore, especially with it being Rays last home game.

I can see this new Colts team being a highly dominant home team.
7-1 this year and a blown coverage away from being 8-0.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#45 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

The dome was arguably the loudest stadium in the league. I have yet to see a false start by the opposing offense in the luc because of crowd noise.

#46 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 8508 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

LOS is GREAT home field avantage.

PS: We went 7-1 at home.

That's really gonna go more toward our young players excelling on the offensive side of the ball due to the quiet conditions. 

It is embarrassing when I watch a Colts game and so many of our fans are sitting down, quietly texting. This is what happens when ticket prices are so high. The rowdy trash like myself cannot afford to go, so our seats are filled with upper-middle class families and octogenarian couples enjoying their retirement. 

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more." ~ Bill S. 

#47 grmasterb

grmasterb
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

The dome was arguably the loudest stadium in the league. I have yet to see a false start by the opposing offense in the luc because of crowd noise.

How would you know what caused the false start??

#48 grmasterb

grmasterb
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

I've been to M&T before, and I didn't find it that loud. In fact, we were griped at by older people for standing up at the end of exciting plays. It was a regular season game, though, which was probably key. This was a playoff game against the hated INDY Colts, so I'm sure they were more jazzed up this time. I've attended NFL games in 8 other cities. Our fans and noise level are fine.

#49 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

How would you know what caused the false start??

have you been to the dome?

#50 grmasterb

grmasterb
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

have you been to the dome?

I'm a season ticket holder. I've attended more games than I can remember at both the RCA Dome and LOS, as well as 8 other NFL venues. None of us are on the field playing, though, so I'm curious as to how you have this insight that the crowd noise at LOS has yet to cause a false start.

#51 grmasterb

grmasterb
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Let's also not forget the obvious factor that had Baltimore's crowd juiced -- the final home game for Ray Lewis.

#52 Wayne Lewis

Wayne Lewis
  • Rookie
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Baltimore was so loud yesterday everyone stood for most of the game. WE LOVE OUR RAVENS  On To The Next One  GOOD YEAR COLTS

#53 cclaser

cclaser
  • Rookie
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

I'm a Colts season ticket holder that moved to the DC area 5 years ago. A was at the game and the atmosphere at M&T rocks for sure. The tailgating is far and away better. I don't like the color purple, but you have to give it to Ravens fans. It was a nonstop loud & fun atmosphere. however, i liked iit much more when Peyton quieted the crowd a couple of years ago. I would just say there are a larger percentage of hard core fans attending at M&T. It was definitely louder at the dome and on the Pats 4th & 2. Just not as consistent on a regular basis. Hopefully, that will grow with time. Tailgating is also probably a lot easier in Bmore because of the set up, and temps that are warmer on average.

#54 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Colts need louder fans to buy tickets, even when LOS is loud there's probably about 20% that are quiet. Some are just too reserved and don't know how to be obnoxious even when it's socially exceptable.

#55 nothing0

nothing0
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm a Colts season ticket holder that moved to the DC area 5 years ago. A was at the game and the atmosphere at M&T rocks for sure. The tailgating is far and away better. I don't like the color purple, but you have to give it to Ravens fans. It was a nonstop loud & fun atmosphere. however, i liked iit much more when Peyton quieted the crowd a couple of years ago. I would just say there are a larger percentage of hard core fans attending at M&T. It was definitely louder at the dome and on the Pats 4th & 2. Just not as consistent on a regular basis. Hopefully, that will grow with time. Tailgating is also probably a lot easier in Bmore because of the set up, and temps that are warmer on average.

^ This. Thank you.

#56 nothing0

nothing0
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Baltimore was so loud yesterday everyone stood for most of the game. WE LOVE OUR RAVENS  On To The Next One  GOOD YEAR COLTS

And that is what I want to see in INDY. That was my original point. I've been to venues where the crowd is rowdy for the entire game and it wasn't a playoff game.  

#57 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1897 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Colts need louder fans to buy tickets, even when LOS is loud there's probably about 20% that are quiet. Some are just too reserved and don't know how to be obnoxious even when it's socially exceptable.

Or don't want to.

Sorry, but not everyone who buys season tickets want to go and scream their heads off.

I don't.  I want to watch football and cheer good plays.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#58 nothing0

nothing0
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Or don't want to.

Sorry, but not everyone who buys season tickets want to go and scream their heads off.

I don't.  I want to watch football and cheer good plays.

I get that. I buy tickets because football is nearly unwatchable on TV, but I also understand when noise is helpful to the defense. 

#59 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13823 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

because football is nearly unwatchable on TV

You spelled baseball wrong haha

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#60 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I wonder if its an acoustics issue.. Because my ears used to ring for hours after a game at the dome

Uhh, that's not good actually.

#61 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 11571 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Uhh, that's not good actually.

Its good when the offense can't hear what's going on

#62 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Its good when the offense can't hear what's going on

I was referring to the fact that eventually the ringing might become a permanent feature. 

It's just a game - I'd bring earplugs if it was "that" loud and I went frequently. Seriously.

#63 Callie

Callie
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

More people need to pound on the back of the seats on 3rd downs!

But LOS was insanely insanely loud during the Super Bowl. Heck you could hear the crowd downstairs in the exhibit hall!

#64 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 11571 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I was referring to the fact that eventually the ringing might become a permanent feature.

It's just a game - I'd bring earplugs if it was "that" loud and I went frequently. Seriously.

It's the same ringing i used to get from concerts at market square.. Another really loud venue

#65 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

It's the same ringing i used to get from concerts at market square.. Another really loud venue

I knew what you meant - I've gotten it at concerts myself. It means that you've hurt your ears. I've never gone to concerts "that" often so I don't worry about it there too much (although I swear that after seeing U2 a few years bad I lost some of my hearing in the course of one evening). I've read, however, that there is a cumulative effect over time. The more times you expose yourself the more damage you are doing. The occasional concert PLUS season tickets for year after year to an incredibly loud sports venue probably isn't a great idea. Earplugs are a simple precaution. Yeah, you look like a dork, but it beats the alternative. I wouldn't dream of cutting the lawn or anything like that without them now, and I wish I'd been more aware of it when I was young.

#66 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

What is the issue with our crowd or stadium....didn't we go 7-1 at home?

Yeah not sure what the previous people in this thread are talking about. RCA Dome may have been louder (for logical reasons), but LOS gets very loud, and is not an easy stadium for our opponents to play in. Indy fans get a bad rap for no good reason. It's like you said 7-1, and at least our seats get filled.

#67 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Or don't want to.

I don't. I want to watch football and cheer good plays.
As long as your louder than you are at home I guess.

#68 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1732 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

It is. If you've ever been up top they have this grated metal with sound dampening foam like stuff behind it. I sat in the very last row on the 30 one time and it was really quiet and it was the roudiest section I've ever been in. The sound goes up and doesn't resonate.

They have that material all over LOS.   People bang on it but it is so muted. 

"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have 3 money and no kids?" - Homer Simpson

#69 coltsleafs

coltsleafs
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I've been to M&T before, and I didn't find it that loud. In fact, we were griped at by older people for standing up at the end of exciting plays. It was a regular season game, though, which was probably key. This was a playoff game against the hated INDY Colts, so I'm sure they were more jazzed up this time. I've attended NFL games in 8 other cities. Our fans and noise level are fine.

I have also been to 8 stadiums including yesterday game and I find the noise level to quite similar to Indy. As far as rude fans though Baltimore sure had a few. Don't get me wrong there were tons of friendly fans there that were very nice to us but their was one fan who kept screaming go back to Indy and this ain't Stanford the whole entire game. I just ignored it but it really got on nerves by the end. The ravens fan beside me was also getting annoyed with this guy which was funny. He was like I hope you don't think all us Ravens fans are like him.

#70 nothing0

nothing0
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

The 7-1 home record has less to do with crowd noise and more to do with a young team being comfortable at home. 

Guys I'm not insulting the fans that go to the game. I simply think our fans (myself included) could take a lesson from Bal or Sea. 

#71 cclaser

cclaser
  • Rookie
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

I agree, LOS is a bit on the sterile side. There is nothing wrong with wanting a larger percentile of hardcore fans. However, it's not just about screaming your head off. It's about being knowledgable and focused on the game. Bmore fans also have the ability to get the nonsense chant going quickly - keep it classy! Also, a drunk fat guy in font of me tried to pick a fight with an older Colts fan behind me. This Colts fan was ex secret service. Picking the fight with the wrong guy... Bmore might just be more louder, and more entertaining from a people watching perspective. I can't wait to see Luck and the young Colts in the Fall!

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    Skelly

When I look at the news all I see is sadness, sickness, and complete and utter stupidity. I think I might sign up for the first flight to Mars.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Bogie

Retro throwback week for Halloween - Mercyful Fate and Black Sabbath. I forgot how fun melodic metal albums were.

Show comments (11)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how great of a year Aaron Rodgers is having?

Show comments (6)
View All Updates