Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOS vs M&T Bank Stadium

nothing0

LOS is GREAT home field avantage.

PS: We went 7-1 at home.

That's really gonna go more toward our young players excelling on the offensive side of the ball due to the quiet conditions. 

It is embarrassing when I watch a Colts game and so many of our fans are sitting down, quietly texting. This is what happens when ticket prices are so high. The rowdy trash like myself cannot afford to go, so our seats are filled with upper-middle class families and octogenarian couples enjoying their retirement. 

I've been to M&T before, and I didn't find it that loud. In fact, we were griped at by older people for standing up at the end of exciting plays. It was a regular season game, though, which was probably key. This was a playoff game against the hated INDY Colts, so I'm sure they were more jazzed up this time. I've attended NFL games in 8 other cities. Our fans and noise level are fine.

have you been to the dome?

I'm a season ticket holder. I've attended more games than I can remember at both the RCA Dome and LOS, as well as 8 other NFL venues. None of us are on the field playing, though, so I'm curious as to how you have this insight that the crowd noise at LOS has yet to cause a false start.

I'm a Colts season ticket holder that moved to the DC area 5 years ago. A was at the game and the atmosphere at M&T rocks for sure. The tailgating is far and away better. I don't like the color purple, but you have to give it to Ravens fans. It was a nonstop loud & fun atmosphere. however, i liked iit much more when Peyton quieted the crowd a couple of years ago. I would just say there are a larger percentage of hard core fans attending at M&T. It was definitely louder at the dome and on the Pats 4th & 2. Just not as consistent on a regular basis. Hopefully, that will grow with time. Tailgating is also probably a lot easier in Bmore because of the set up, and temps that are warmer on average.

I'm a Colts season ticket holder that moved to the DC area 5 years ago. A was at the game and the atmosphere at M&T rocks for sure. The tailgating is far and away better. I don't like the color purple, but you have to give it to Ravens fans. It was a nonstop loud & fun atmosphere. however, i liked iit much more when Peyton quieted the crowd a couple of years ago. I would just say there are a larger percentage of hard core fans attending at M&T. It was definitely louder at the dome and on the Pats 4th & 2. Just not as consistent on a regular basis. Hopefully, that will grow with time. Tailgating is also probably a lot easier in Bmore because of the set up, and temps that are warmer on average.

^ This. Thank you.

Baltimore was so loud yesterday everyone stood for most of the game. WE LOVE OUR RAVENS  On To The Next One  GOOD YEAR COLTS

And that is what I want to see in INDY. That was my original point. I've been to venues where the crowd is rowdy for the entire game and it wasn't a playoff game.  

Colts need louder fans to buy tickets, even when LOS is loud there's probably about 20% that are quiet. Some are just too reserved and don't know how to be obnoxious even when it's socially exceptable.

Or don't want to.

Sorry, but not everyone who buys season tickets want to go and scream their heads off.

I don't.  I want to watch football and cheer good plays.

Or don't want to.

Sorry, but not everyone who buys season tickets want to go and scream their heads off.

I don't.  I want to watch football and cheer good plays.

I get that. I buy tickets because football is nearly unwatchable on TV, but I also understand when noise is helpful to the defense. 

Its good when the offense can't hear what's going on

I was referring to the fact that eventually the ringing might become a permanent feature. 

It's just a game - I'd bring earplugs if it was "that" loud and I went frequently. Seriously.

I was referring to the fact that eventually the ringing might become a permanent feature.

It's just a game - I'd bring earplugs if it was "that" loud and I went frequently. Seriously.

It's the same ringing i used to get from concerts at market square.. Another really loud venue

It's the same ringing i used to get from concerts at market square.. Another really loud venue

I knew what you meant - I've gotten it at concerts myself. It means that you've hurt your ears. I've never gone to concerts "that" often so I don't worry about it there too much (although I swear that after seeing U2 a few years bad I lost some of my hearing in the course of one evening). I've read, however, that there is a cumulative effect over time. The more times you expose yourself the more damage you are doing. The occasional concert PLUS season tickets for year after year to an incredibly loud sports venue probably isn't a great idea. Earplugs are a simple precaution. Yeah, you look like a dork, but it beats the alternative. I wouldn't dream of cutting the lawn or anything like that without them now, and I wish I'd been more aware of it when I was young.

What is the issue with our crowd or stadium....didn't we go 7-1 at home?

Yeah not sure what the previous people in this thread are talking about. RCA Dome may have been louder (for logical reasons), but LOS gets very loud, and is not an easy stadium for our opponents to play in. Indy fans get a bad rap for no good reason. It's like you said 7-1, and at least our seats get filled.

It is. If you've ever been up top they have this grated metal with sound dampening foam like stuff behind it. I sat in the very last row on the 30 one time and it was really quiet and it was the roudiest section I've ever been in. The sound goes up and doesn't resonate.

They have that material all over LOS.   People bang on it but it is so muted. 

I've been to M&T before, and I didn't find it that loud. In fact, we were griped at by older people for standing up at the end of exciting plays. It was a regular season game, though, which was probably key. This was a playoff game against the hated INDY Colts, so I'm sure they were more jazzed up this time. I've attended NFL games in 8 other cities. Our fans and noise level are fine.

I have also been to 8 stadiums including yesterday game and I find the noise level to quite similar to Indy. As far as rude fans though Baltimore sure had a few. Don't get me wrong there were tons of friendly fans there that were very nice to us but their was one fan who kept screaming go back to Indy and this ain't Stanford the whole entire game. I just ignored it but it really got on nerves by the end. The ravens fan beside me was also getting annoyed with this guy which was funny. He was like I hope you don't think all us Ravens fans are like him.

The 7-1 home record has less to do with crowd noise and more to do with a young team being comfortable at home. 

Guys I'm not insulting the fans that go to the game. I simply think our fans (myself included) could take a lesson from Bal or Sea. 

I agree, LOS is a bit on the sterile side. There is nothing wrong with wanting a larger percentile of hardcore fans. However, it's not just about screaming your head off. It's about being knowledgable and focused on the game. Bmore fans also have the ability to get the nonsense chant going quickly - keep it classy! Also, a drunk fat guy in font of me tried to pick a fight with an older Colts fan behind me. This Colts fan was ex secret service. Picking the fight with the wrong guy... Bmore might just be more louder, and more entertaining from a people watching perspective.

I can't wait to see Luck and the young Colts in the Fall!