Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOS vs M&T Bank Stadium

nothing0

How fun would home games be if we had a home field advantage like Bal or Sea?

Those fans are loud, always on their feet, and always into the game.

Fantasy to think we could build that in Indy I guess.

Did you ever go to games in the dome.. Crazy loud. Also i didn't think it was that loud today until the end of the game.

Did you ever go to games in the dome.. Crazy loud. Also i didn't think it was that loud today until the end of the game.

Oh yeah (season tickets since '99). The dome was louder for sure. 

We went to a game in Bal last year. I almost regret that bc LOS is just sad in comparison. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the colts and going to the games. I just wish our fans would express the passion that other teams fans have.

Oh yeah (season tickets since '99). The dome was louder for sure.

We went to a game in Bal last year. I almost regret that bc LOS is just sad in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I love the colts and going to the games. I just wish our fans would express the passion that other teams fans have.

I wonder if its an acoustics issue.. Because my ears used to ring for hours after a game at the dome

Was just getting ready to post the same thing. The RCA dome was an absolute blast. Seems like Los may be coming around but the games I've been to seems like you had to tazer the snobs to even cheer. Which in turn made me louder and more obnoxious ;)

Was just getting ready to post the same thing. The RCA dome was an absolute blast. Seems like Los may be coming around but the games I've been to seems like you had to tazer the snobs to even cheer. Which in turn made me louder and more obnoxious ;)

Exactly my point. Sure the dome was louder maybe because of the acoustics, but that's not the problem. People won't even get up for the D or for 3rd downs. 

We rarely got to sit down in Bal and NO one sat down when the D was on the field. 

I wonder if its an acoustics issue.. Because my ears used to ring for hours after a game at the dome

It is. If you've ever been up top they have this grated metal with sound dampening foam like stuff behind it. I sat in the very last row on the 30 one time and it was really quiet and it was the roudiest section I've ever been in. The sound goes up and doesn't resonate.

It is. If you've ever been up top they have this grated metal with sound dampening foam like stuff behind it. I sat in the very last row on the 30 one time and it was really quiet and it was the roudiest section I've ever been in. The sound goes up and doesn't resonate.

Seems like a terrible flaw.

The opposite of the Seahawks.....Paul Allen had two conditions for the new stadium; it had to be open air and had to be as loud as the Kingdome

Seems like a terrible flaw.

I went on the tour after it oppened in 2008 and the guide made mention of it then, and that's what I said.

But that's just what happens when people who know nothing about football design football venues. They likely believed it would help fans enjoy the game more, not having to deal with all the noise.

Anyone ever notice Cory Redding's frustration with the crowd? I don't think he's used to a weak home field. 

Honestly though, I don't think the crowd had any effect on the game today. It makes for a nice atmosphere is all

How fun would home games be if we had a home field advantage like Bal or Sea?

Those fans are loud, always on their feet, and always into the game.

Fantasy to think we could build that in Indy I guess.

Lucas oil is loud as heck what are you talking about?

Meh, it's pretty ordinary. Not that it really matters

Ordinary. Yes. 

If crowd noise doesn't matter, why is the defense, stadium announcer, and owner always ask for it? 

Why does the O want quiet?

Why are false starts higher in Sea?

Sorry but I disagree. Maybe the crowd is full throat for a series or a couple plays, but it's not consistant.

You can probably only say 2-3 teams have fans that yell the entire game. The only time I have ever been at a game where the fans never say down was Bears Saints in the NFC Championship game.

When we played the Patriots in the '10 season Lucas Oil was as loud as I've ever heard a stadium. Granted I wasn't at the '06 AFCCG which I'm told was deafening.

We also had zero late games this year and IMO 8 o'clock crowds are much rowdier than 1 o'clock crowds lol.

Ordinary. Yes. 

If crowd noise doesn't matter, why is the defense, stadium announcer, and owner always ask for it? 

Why does the O want quiet?

Why are false starts higher in Sea?

Ok, I will give u the false stars

Nothing will be like the Dome, it was the smallest stadium in the NFL, had a roof that reflected the sound right back down onto the field...things that just can't be replicated at LOS. I also thought after the first Kenny Chesney concert they added acoustical sound padding to help with reverberation (my wife went and said the sound was terrible). Big mistake, IMO. If anything it should have been removable at the least. That said, I've been to some really loud games there. Not like the dome, but pretty darn loud. And the crowd has gotten way more knowledgeable about football too. Remember the "Quiet, Offense at Work" signs on the JumboTron at the Dome? Or Manning waving his arms to quiet the crowd?? Now you can hear a pin drop when the Colts are on offense.

You can probably only say 2-3 teams have fans that yell the entire game.

And after being at a couple of those stadiums, I want LOS to be like that. Who wouldn't?

When we played the Patriots in the '10 season Lucas Oil was as loud as I've ever heard a stadium. Granted I wasn't at the '06 AFCCG which I'm told was deafening.

I was at both. The 4th and 2 play was the loudest LOS has ever been and it didn't hold a candle to the '06 AFCCG. 

Nothing will be like the Dome, it was the smallest stadium in the NFL, had a roof that reflected the sound right back down onto the field...things that just can't be replicated at LOS. I also thought after the first Kenny Chesney concert they added acoustical sound padding to help with reverberation (my wife went and said the sound was terrible). Big mistake, IMO. If anything it should have been removable at the least. That said, I've been to some really loud games there. Not like the dome, but pretty darn loud. And the crowd has gotten way more knowledgeable about football too. Remember the "Quiet, Offense at Work" signs on the JumboTron at the Dome? Or Manning waving his arms to quiet the crowd?? Now you can hear a pin drop when the Colts are on offense.

Great post.

Basically my thoughts as well. It's definitely home field advantage. 7-1 there this year I believe and probably should have been 8-0.

Not like Dallas stadium. That is home field DISADVANTAGE.

And after being at a couple of those stadiums, I want LOS to be like that. Who wouldn't?

I was at both. The 4th and 2 play was the loudest LOS has ever been and it didn't hold a candle to the '06 AFCCG.

I'm not saying you shouldn't want that lol. I just think your underselling how loud Lucas Oil can be.

But we can agree to disagree no big deal.

However, I wholly agree with you RCA was deafening. But not always. I went to quite a few games there where it was underwhelming.

I'm not saying you shouldn't want that lol. I just think your underselling how loud Lucas Oil can be.

However, I wholly agree with you RCA was deafening. But not always. I went to quite a few games there where it was underwhelming.

Me too.. 85-98 lol lots of terrible turnouts those days

Seems like all the old school domes were/are loud....kingdome, Hoosier dome, metro, super

Seems like all the old school domes were/are loud....kingdome, Hoosier dome, metro, super

Definitely a drawback to having a bigger stadium. No doubt.

Seattle impresses me for how loud they are in an outdoor environment. Thought I've heard the way their stadium is designed helps make it louder. Not sure how true that is however.

Seattle impresses me for how loud they are in an outdoor environment. Thought I've heard the way their stadium is designed helps make it louder. Not sure how true that is however.

That was the other stadium I was impressed with. 

U heard that from me in a post above lol. The guy who designed it is a life long Packer fan incidentally ....somebody did a feature about it after the "fail mary" game

U heard that from me in a post above lol. The guy who designed it is a life long Packer fan incidentally ....somebody did a feature about it after the "fail mary" game

haha well I meant back when they made the "mini earthquake" I saw a thing where they showed how noise traveled in the stadium and why it made it loud.

But who knows if that's the reason. I think those fans are just nuts haha