Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Season Colts & Congrats to the Ravens

Coltsman1788

Although this game didn't end how we would have liked for it to, this Colts team exceeded all of our expectations this season and continued to fight through adversity all the way.  Well done.  I welcome the offseason and an opportunity for Griggs to continue building this monster.  Luck will grow from this and continue to get better.  Our future is bright. 

Congrats to the Ravens on a hard fought victory today.  Ray Lewis is something special and when they face Denver next week there will be two class guys looking across at each other for one last chess match for the ages. 

Absolutely. This loss stung, but what an accomplishment just to be there. We got to watch our Colts play in January; that in itself is something to be happy about. Keep building the monster is right! Get some good O line acquisitions and some secondary help and let's get ready for a run!

Oh man this sucked to watch. But, I have to hand it to Baltimore too, they really have woken up at the right time and have a mission now.

Ouch to watch most of this game. I really thought we might find a way to come back and win it but we got it handed to us by an experienced veteran team that's for sure.

Just not good enough. Yet. Thought Luck played a great game under immense pressure. Too many drops, and poor protection. They spotted Vaghn was a weak spot and exploited, Good play from Flacco. We suggested we make him win the game....and he did.

Great season.

Thanks Colts, it was fun.

For getting lucky. How about all those holds, facemasks that werent called, especially the one by the endzone where it should have been pass interference for slapping to the helmet and knocking it over the eyes as the ball was coming down.  Congrats to Hilton, Avery, Fleener, and Ballard x2 for dropping wide open, in the hands balls.  Each on critical 3rd and 4th downs.  We pay them why?  Congrats to Anqwuan  Boldin for being left in One one One with Butler who kept getting beat.  Embarassing, couldnt capitalize on 2 fumbles and score anything.  Congrats for looking like trash receivers, only good receiver was Wayne.

Absolutely. This loss stung, but what an accomplishment just to be there. We got to watch our Colts play in January; that in itself is something to be happy about. Keep building the monster is right! Get some good O line acquisitions and some secondary help and let's get ready for a run!

keep in mind guys we will be playing in the post season for the next 10 years, came up short this one, future is bright...

Good game. I was really impressed by how the Colts handled the environment. They stayed focus and kept it close for most of the game.  It looks like this team has a bright future and I wish them the best moving forward. For the Ravens, it's the first step toward the ultimate goal. Go Ravens!

It is good experience but we really need to try and win the division next season. At home I love our chances and think we can beat anyone.

Of course I felt we would win today but the Ray Lewis retirement announcement did put a damper on our momentum too I felt. It was like the Ravens took our feel good mojo almost....

And Flacco did not suck like I thought he would. So congrats to him.

Agreed. 

Screw the Ravens. 

Kinda sucks that we had the better record but we had to play in their smelly stadium. Our team is just crap when playing on the road. 

Yes but we also went up against a better team, Better  O Line, better D Line, better Secondary, better Linebackers, Just better period

This season was good indeed, but Luck's PO debut was a garbage, he played like a rookie.

Though I haven't expected our Colts to the PO, I'm * off a little now. We may loose, but not this way.

We will have to draft and sign a lot.

I wouldn't say his debut was garbage one bit... Under constant pressure. Fared well in a tough environment with scrubs protecting him. Drops and bad protection were garbage

For getting lucky. How about all those holds, facemasks that werent called, especially the one by the endzone where it should have been pass interference for slapping to the helmet and knocking it over the eyes as the ball was coming down. Congrats to Hilton, Avery, Fleener, and Ballard x2 for dropping wide open, in the hands balls. Each on critical 3rd and 4th downs. We pay them why? Congrats to Anqwuan Boldin for being left in One one One with Butler who kept getting beat. Embarassing, couldnt capitalize on 2 fumbles and score anything. Congrats for looking like trash receivers, only good receiver was Wayne.

All of those guys are rookies. Thus is by far the longest season they have ever played. Ballard and hilton looked gassed at the end of the game. They will all be better next year

This season was good indeed, but Luck's PO debut was a garbage, he played like a rookie.

I don't think we watched the same game. Luck looked nothing like a rookie. This was one of his most impressive games so far.

No o-line play whatsoever. Receivers dropping the ball in crucial situations. Luck did everything he needed to do, but was held back by the rest of the offense.

Good game.

lol?

No, it wasn't. It was one of the most frustrating experiences of my sports life. Woefully uninspired playcalling, inexcusable drops and an all-out flat, deer-in-headlights performance by the entire team. Save for Wayne and Vinny, the rest of the guys sucked eggs, hard. 

lol?

No, it wasn't. It was one of the most frustrating experiences of my sports life. Woefully uninspired playcalling, inexcusable drops and an all-out flat, deer-in-headlights performance by the entire team. Save for Wayne and Vinny, the rest of the guys sucked eggs, hard. 

Luck played like a vet in amongst all that sucking. I assume your emotion is blinding your normal good assessments. Vinny? He missed with the game on the line. If you are excusing that then why not a drop or two?

It's a bummer that anyone on our defense gets paid for this terrible performance. I guess in their minds the best coverage is to just leave the guy wide open or allow them to just run right past you. Terrible terrible defense, needs many improvements. 

Our O line yet again needs to improve.

I was beyond myself with all of those drops.  That interception at the end of the game gave me flashbacks of the SB loss.

3rd and 5 and trying to get a TD...I did not like that call at all.

Not happy to lose to the Ravens at all.  I am hoping Peyton can avenge this for us next week.

Though I haven't expected our Colts to the PO, I'm * off a little now. We may loose, but not this way.

You are őrült if you thought Luck was poor......but I forgive you!!

It really sucks to see this magical ride end but I have to admit I don't mind losing to Ray Lewis and those vets in Baltimore as much as I thought I would. I feel they deserved a SB last year and I would not even mind if they got it this season with it being Rays farewell tour.

The Colts had young player mistakes on offense with dropped balls and bad O-line protection, IMO. Better put that dead cap space to get use on OL. I can easily see us winning the division next year vs the Texans.

Congrats to Ravens for one game!!! Boldin had 0 catches and 0 yards vs Broncos, thanks to Chris Harris in their secondary, just goes to show you why he is so important to game plan for.

I want Peyton to send Ray Lewis away from the playoffs, like he always has. :)

Are you kidding? I know I'm not a Colts fan but I watched the game today and Luck play fantastic. Its not his fault that you guys have crap for WRs and an OL that would not start on even college teams.

How many drops did Colts WRs have today? 10?

Luck played like a vet in amongst all that sucking. I assume your emotion is blinding your normal good assessments. Vinny? He missed with the game on the line. If you are excusing that then why not a drop or two?

Luck was fine, I should've included him. In general, he made good decisions with what he had. Once he gets to the point where he can call his own plays with expertise, he's going to be a freak. 

Don't blame Vinny. He made 3 of 4, within the realm of FG kicking, that ain't bad. His one miss had zero bearing on the outcome. 

IMO, the bad throw to Wayne in the third QTR on 3rd down inside the Balt 10 (Luck threw high and it was dropped) and the failure to score a TD after the fumble in the 4th were the two plays that just let the air out of this game. 

...and yes, admittedly I'm a bit emotional and struggling to not pound my face on my keyboard as I type. 

It really sucks to see this magical ride end but I have to admit I don't mind losing to Ray Lewis and those vets in Baltimore as much as I thought I would. I feel they deserved a SB last year and I would not even mind if they got it this season with it being Rays farewell tour.

What your not backing your man Rodgers now? :) That shocks me. ;)

This in my estimation was an outstanding season far better than the most optimistic fans could have expected. Hungarian, to say Luck played bad is ill absurd. When the defender beats the ball to Luck when he's in the shotgun what do you expect from him. Great, great season. Can't wait to see how FA and the draft goes.

Luck played very well considering what he was being asked to do. How many runs did the Colts have in the fourth quarter? Everything was put on his shoulders and he did the best with what he was given. The Ravens defense didn't give much the his supporting cast didn't make any big plays. To blame Luck for the Colts' loss is a huge oversight of what really happened.

Luck was fine, I should've included him. In general, he made good decisions with what he had. Once he gets to the point where he can call his own plays with expertise, he's going to be a freak. 

Don't blame Vinny. He made 3 of 4, within the realm of FG kicking, that ain't bad. His one miss had zero bearing on the outcome. 

IMO, the bad throw to Wayne in the third QTR on 3rd down inside the Balt 10 (Luck threw high and it was dropped) and the failure to score a TD after the fumble in the 4th were the two plays that just let the air out of this game. 

...and yes, admittedly I'm a bit emotional and struggling to not pound my face on my keyboard as I type. 

Chill friend we had a great year and I'm proud of our guys. :thmup: With a few additions next year we will be better. ;)

Chill friend we had a great year and I'm proud of our guys. :thmup: With a few additions next year we will be better. ;)

But I'm angry now. 

Perhaps if I swallow 2 or 3 bottles of Ambien, I shall awake with a full beard to the start of preseason?

But by that time my mortgage would be in default, I would have long since lost my job and my dog would likely have eaten most of my extremities, leaving me a bearded, homeless, unemployed cripple. 

I am obviously displaying an inability to make good life choices here. I will now retire to a hot shower and rethink my plan for effectively traveling forward in time. 

But I'm angry now. 

Perhaps if I swallow 2 or 3 bottles of Ambien, I shall awake with a full beard to the start of preseason?

But by that time my mortgage would be in default, I would have long since lost my job and my dog would likely have eaten most of my extremities, leaving me a bearded, homeless, unemployed cripple. 

I am obviously displaying an inability to make good life choices here. I will now retire to a hot shower and rethink my plan for effectively traveling forward in time. 

Good idea my friend. :thmup: