Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy's Playoff Prediction

Andy

Well, the playoffs are here and that means that my predictions are here too. Let's get right into it:

Wild Card Weekend

Cincinnati Bengals 23 vs Houston Texans 21

Green Bay Packers 31 vs Minnesota Vikings 20

Baltimore Ravens 24 vs Indianapolis Colts 20

Seattle Seahawks 27 vs Washington Redskins 17

Divisional Playoffs

Denver Broncos 34 vs Cincinnati Bengals 24

Green Bay Packers 24 vs San Francisco 49ers 19

Seattle Seahawks 21 vs Atlanta Falcons 13

Baltimore Ravens 28 vs New England Patriots 24

Conference Championship

Green Bay Packers 27 vs Seattle Seahawks 16

Baltimore Ravens 23 vs Denver Broncos 17

Super Bowl 47

Baltimore Ravens 23 vs Green Bay Packers 20

MVP: Ray Rice

Explanation: The Ravens were my pick at the beginning of the year, and i'm sticking with them. I know things aren't looking great for them, but Ray Lewis is back and they were fantastic when he was healthy. They are healthy, and can do a lot of damage. Crazy stuff happens every year, and I think this year, the Ravens make a huge playoff run. 

WOW the Ravens!?! Definitely a shocking pick especially them over New England.

I'm a loyal guy.. I stick with my picks, even they are controversial. 

They are nowhere near the favorites, but neither where the Giants. I always go with the favorites, and I always come out disapointed.

This year, I went with my gut, and I think Ray Lewis will help this D tremendously. 

The Ravens' defense wasn't doing too well with Ray there to start the year.  Though they were missing some pieces in Suggs and I believe Reed was out for a bit too.  My prediction from the start of the year was 49ers and Texans with my alternative choice in each division being the Falcons and Broncos.

I would love to see Seattle go all the way.  I don't like Pete Carroll, but I'm a big fan of Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson.  Plus, their defense has incredible swag!  They also deserved Super Bowl 40, in my opinion.

I'm sticking with my picks from the start of the year as well..though I still hope the Colts can do a great playoff run and go to the big game...

Denver and NE in the AFC Championship.game...San Fran and Green Bay in the NFC..(remember, these were before the season started, so the match-ups might not happen due to playoff seeding.

I have Denver and San Fran in the Super Bowl, with Denver winning, and Peyton MVP...but with Kaepernick at QB, to me it lessens their chances on winning, so I wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay goes..

And, even though I don't think they'll make it..I'm rooting for Minnesota to keep playing, just to see Peterson run...He is a beast, and the best back I have seen in many years.

I won't do scores, but I say:

Wild Card Weekend

Cincinnati Bengals vs Houston Texans

Green Bay Packers vs Minnesota Vikings

Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts

Seattle Seahawks vs Washington Redskins

Divisional Playoffs

Denver Broncos vs Cincinnati Bengals

Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers

Minnesota Vikings vs Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens vs New England Patriots

Conference Championship

Atlanta Falcons vs San Francisco 49ers

New England Patriots vs Denver Broncos 

Super Bowl 47

San Fransiscio 49ers vs Denver Broncos 

MVP: Peyton Manning

I'm just doing this one week at a time. Too many things can change so....yeah I'm a coward, so what?

Houston beats Cincinnati with their defense, shutting down the Bengals offensive efforts. 

GB holds AP under 100 yards and wins by at least 14. 

Seattle throttles Griffin, bilking him for multiple turnovers, injuring the fragile QB whom doesn't finish the game. 

Indianapolis beats Baltimore via last minute FG in a low scoring affair. 

I'm a loyal guy.. I stick with my picks, even they are controversial. 

They are nowhere near the favorites, but neither where the Giants. I always go with the favorites, and I always come out disapointed.

This year, I went with my gut, and I think Ray Lewis will help this D tremendously. 

You're allowed to change your picks. Things change over the season. So just go ahead...change it :)

Want me to tell you what to change LOL

I'm just doing this one week at a time. Too many things can change so....yeah I'm a coward, so what?

Houston beats Cincinnati with their defense, shutting down the Bengals offensive efforts. 

Seattle throttles Griffin, bilking him for multiple turnovers, injuring the fragile QB whom doesn't finish the game. 

Indianapolis beats Baltimore via last minute FG in a low scoring affair. 

coward.

just sayin' ;)

Just saw that Chris Berman is picking the Ravens for the SB, makes me feel a bit better about my pick!

...and I bet he did so based solely on Ray's retirement announcement. Which is a ridiculous emotional platform to make a pick from. NO WAY Baltimore goes into Mile High and walks out a winner. No way. 

Houston only scored 19 points while their defense held Cinn offense to only 6 points. 

AP had 99 yards and GB won by 14 points. 

So far I'm 100% accurate. 

I picked the Giants last year, based on the same feelign I have with the Ravens.

Interesting. The Giants were really not on my radar heavily for most of last season. Neither were this years Ravens.

I guess my dark horse radar might be broken.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Baltimore going forward in Denver. The divisional round features two rematches where the winner pretty much wiped the floor with the loser. But, as we saw with Pats/Jets a few years ago you can't get too cocky and the losing team will make adjustments.

Packers' D looked very good and if Rodgers plays the way he has been playing, I think the Packers make it out of the NFC. Just sayin... :)

AFC - Some road team is primed for an upset - either Ravens or Texans. Who will it be? The wild card, for the second year in a row, all AFC home teams won. Some road team will win at some point. Odds are on a veteran Ravens team but then, it could turn out like this week, who knows?? Last year, all home teams won, throughout the AFC playoffs. All the upsets were on the NFC side.

NFC - I do think the Packers beat San Fran. and face the Falcons in the NFCCG. But then, we could have a replacement ref rematch game in Packers vs Seahawks. Now, that would be hilarious :)

Packers' D looked very good and if Rodgers plays the way he has been playing, I think the Packers make it out of the NFC. Just sayin... :)

AFC - Some road team is primed for an upset - either Ravens or Texans. Who will it be? The wild card, for the second year in a row, all AFC home teams won. Some road team will win at some point. Odds are on a veteran Ravens team but then, it could turn out like this week, who knows?? Last year, all home teams won, throughout the AFC playoffs. All the upsets were on the NFC side.

NFC - I do think the Packers beat San Fran. and face the Falcons in the NFCCG. But then, we could have a replacement ref rematch game in Packers vs Seahawks. Now, that would be hilarious :)

2012 Ravens with Ray Lewis=2007 Giants with Michael Strahan?

Oh and here I was saying I was done with patterns......Sigh. I am a pattern addict!

Saturday is gonna be wild. Baltimore at Denver. Then Green Bay at SF.

I wish I had as much faith though that some had in GB winning on a Saturday night in SF. I think they can but I also think their D could make the Packers one dimensional too. I guess it depends on Kaepernick.....I don't feel we have seen enough yet either.

Also Justin Smith is playing I believe but won't be 100%.

But, SF was also counted out a lot last year vs. the Saints....

lol......ouch. 

The only game I picked wrong was the only one I wanted to get right (Colts). The turnover prediction was wrong I suppose. 

So glad we didn't pick Griffin. Hope the best for him but I cannot fathom him taking 15 years of this. 

You started to have me believing Andy. I also had a hunch on Baltimore but not until our game was over with them and I felt it from them.......it was "something." I hope they can do it, I really really do.

But, if it comes down to NE and Baltimore I would still favor the Patriots. It is the Patriots in Foxboro and it WOULD be tougher then going to Denver, period. Ray Lewis better hope they have one more miracle left in them if this game happens. Flacco tends to do well vs. NE though in recent meetings but again, it would be IN New England.

I have favored the Pats all year and wanted no part of them for the Colts in a rematch.

Of course NE still has to beat Houston but I expect them to do so right now.

I am leaning towards SF/NE again for the SB. A rematch of an epic regular season game. Brady vs. his boyhood team to try and tie Montana with 4 rings. And sadly I would take NE to win a close one vs. them in a rematch a la 2001 when they lost to the Rams in the regular season but then beat them in the SB by 3.

I hope I am wrong. I am just very superstitious when it comes to New Orleans Super Bowls and NE has been to the last 3 there.

This season has felt like 2001 to me at times. In 2001 the Pats got the second seed as well in the final week when someone lost to give it to them.

I do hope Ray can do it and go out in style but I worry that they put so much in this Denver game there might not be enough gas left for another round.

...and I bet he did so based solely on Ray's retirement announcement. Which is a ridiculous emotional platform to make a pick from. NO WAY Baltimore goes into Mile High and walks out a winner. No way. 

you were saying...

I wanted the Harbaugh Bowl...said it quite a few times  :)

I am glad the team that beat the Colts/and of course Ray Lewis is going to the Super Bowl.....Even more happy the arrogant Patriots: ( Kinder words than Mr. Suggs) are out!!!

Nice job Andy on the Ravens prediction. :thmup:   I have to say I am for the Ravens next week.  I love Captain Comeback, but I am more interested in seeing the Zone Read defense get a dose of a real NFL defense/reality....hoping Ray and the boys have it in them, and Pollard gets one shot on a running Kaepernick!!! :)

Well, the playoffs are here and that means that my predictions are here too. Let's get right into it:

Wild Card Weekend

Cincinnati Bengals 23 vs Houston Texans 21

Green Bay Packers 31 vs Minnesota Vikings 20

Baltimore Ravens 24 vs Indianapolis Colts 20

Seattle Seahawks 27 vs Washington Redskins 17

Divisional Playoffs

Denver Broncos 34 vs Cincinnati Bengals 24

Green Bay Packers 24 vs San Francisco 49ers 19

Seattle Seahawks 21 vs Atlanta Falcons 13

Baltimore Ravens 28 vs New England Patriots 24

Conference Championship

Green Bay Packers 27 vs Seattle Seahawks 16

Baltimore Ravens 23 vs Denver Broncos 17

Super Bowl 47

Baltimore Ravens 23 vs Green Bay Packers 20

MVP: Ray Rice

Explanation: The Ravens were my pick at the beginning of the year, and i'm sticking with them. I know things aren't looking great for them, but Ray Lewis is back and they were fantastic when he was healthy. They are healthy, and can do a lot of damage. Crazy stuff happens every year, and I think this year, the Ravens make a huge playoff run. 

Not so crazy, eh?

1 outta the final 4... pshh...     ;)

I had the Ravens going to the SB LAST YEAR lol.

What is even scarier is my mom rarely pays attention to the Ravens. She just watched them play the Colts. She rarely watches NE. She just watched them play the Colts.

And her score before yesterdays game was Patriots 10 Ravens 28.

She was 3 points off! My mom I tell ya.......

• 2 weeks later...