Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For those who can't get enough of bayless bashing us on TV

GoColts8818

Bayless goes against grain in his opinions just hoping and praying that one day he'll actually get one right. So far, he is about 0 for 300+. This guy still thinks Tebow is a great QB for crying out loud but everybody else knows that is not true and never will be, but he keeps holding onto that thinking one day he'll be proven right. 

By Skip saying Irsay made the wrong decisions..... He proved Irsay made the right decisions

I'd still like to smack him after reading that article

This is exactly right.....and the fact that he thinks RG3 is the 2nd coming of Christ himself, just makes me feel that much better that we got Luck. I would be worried if I was a Skins fan that Bayless is so in love with RG3, because that alone pretty much seems to be a career death sentence to the players the Bayless falls in love with. This guy is wrong on any evaluation of players he's ever had and yet, some people still listen to the guy like he has even a miniscule ounce of credibility.

" RG III runs a high-risk, ride-and-decide attack in which split-second decisions must be made to let go of the ball in the running back's hands or pull it back."

Hahahaha. I would absolutely laugh at this man's face on his show if he said something like this in front of me. This absolutely goes to show he knows absolutely nothing about football or really is the ultimate troll. How in the world is making a decision on whether to hand the ball off or keep it harder than what Luck has to deal with when he drops back to pass? Absolutely blows my mind,

Both him and Stephen A. Smith are intolerable and 1st Take is probably the worst show on ESPN (and that is saying a lot). They're just there to stir the pot and make outlandish comments to get people riled up. Skip has had a weird obsession with Lebron James, Tony Romo, and now Andrew Luck in the sense that he makes it his number one goal to just demean and belittle everything they do on the court/field no matter the circumstances. On the flip side, he has a man crush on RGIII and Tim Tebow. He essentially almost never says anything positive about the first group, and never says anything negative about the other two-- and he has done this usually based on nothing but his own perceptions. I have come to the conclusion within the last few years that he is just not worth paying any attention to like others have. He doesn't offer any real analysis. It's all just rhetoric and bluster.

So, Skip Bayless is relevant? News to me. I quit watching that show a long time ago, long before his Luck bashing and RGIII loving comments. I am not a violent man, but that smirk would have been wiped off his face a long time ago if he spent any time around me. All comments made by him are for attention grabbing purposes only.

Good grief Skip Bayless hates Jim Irsay and he is still trying to rally Colts fans against Irsay

I few things skip said that I have issue with

Now a three-pronged specter looms over Luckville. What if the Colts' ChuckStrong roll -- inspired by the recovery of coach pagano, who let us all feel his pain -- is stopped by the even stronger mojo of (potentially) Ray Lewis' Last Home Game?

Really poor taste shot at our coach.

What if Peyton's 11-game winning streak hits 13? What if RG III sheds the brace on his miraculously healing knee and his team's seven-game winning streak somehow rises to 10?

Indy's worst nightmare: Peyton versus RG III in the Super Bowl.

This idea doesn't bother me at all.  It is certainly not my worst nightmare

For the record, I'm no big Peyton fan

:lol: yes you are skip

Remember, Irsay received little criticism for tearfully parting ways with Dear Old No. 18

I don't know where skip was when this happened but, I was here and it was brutal. 

Peyton took the high road, turned on his TV-ad charm and publicly returned Irsay's love even though he had to be seething inside.

You calling Peyton a liar?

But, my view: At age 53, Irsay, whose father acquired the Colts when Jim was 14, wanted to remake the Colts in his image.

My view is he stepped in when he needed to......and then once he had new people in place, he stepped out.  And anyway, Irsay hired Polian so I guess he had already remade the team in his 'image'

Colts fans: Heading into the playoffs, would you rather have Peyton or Luck?

Why do you keep asking this irrelevant question?

Please don't try to convince me Luck sets you up for a much brighter future.

ok 

Luck is very good. RG III is special. The only long-term advantage Luck might have is durability.

Seriously?

For now, you certainly can't argue with Luck's playoff-making rookie record. For now Irsay can gloat-tweet his heart out.

Jealous?

And may I also add Skip if you are so happy for RGIII and Peyton why do you also have to keep hating on the Colts?

To me this more about him not liking the move Irsay made with Peyton than anything else. The fact he gets to praise RG3 is just an added bonus here.

I do have a question for skip though: If a redskins broncos Super Bowl is a colts fans nightmare Super Bowl (which I don't agree with I think a lot of colts fans would be happy with Peyton being there, personally the pats in the Super Bowl is my worst nightmare and the texans getting there would bug a lot more than Peyton getting there) is a colts vs seahawks super bowl Skips worst nightmare?

He just doesn't get it. This was not a decision made for the next four years it was made for the next 15. The fact the colts have been this good already is just an added bonus.

First of all, we all know that Bayless is a complete tool that likes to stir things up. That's how he gets ratings. Second of all, he is only mildly insulting. He doesn't say anything bad about Luck really, he just states that he feels that keeping Peyton and drafting RG3 would have been better for us. I heard a lot of people on ESPN radio saying the same thing and more than a few people on various forums in favor of the same thing. So, this article really doesn't bother me.

Dumb article... why would Manning vs. RGIII in the Superbowl be our worst nightmare... by the time we cut Manning, most of us expected him to come back and play at a high level... We all knew that RGIII was going to a playoff contender, but it didn't bother most of us one bit... A Manning/RgIII Superbowl would be annoying, but it wouldn't be the end all be all with regard to our decision to cut Peyton and draft Luck... I do not personally believe that we would be a playoff team this year had we not completely revamped our team like we did. We might still have Polian and Caldwell if Irsay hadn't made up his mind about #18... RgIII would not have taken us to the playoffs either... If he would have gone to a team as depleted as Indy, they would have struggled to win 7 games, IMO... I think that RGIII went into the best situation for him, but the Skins would have drafted Luck over him if they had gotten the chance and Andrew would have given them the division weeks earlier than they won it.... That's just what I imagine would've happened... no way to know for sure. RGIII is a great rookie QB and Peyton is the GOAT, but I am happy with the team who had the 2nd best turnaround in league history and not overly impressed with teams who got into the playoffs with Tebow and other scrubs at QB... Ponder could've made the playoffs with either of those teams, easily...

Skip wants to argue with the big names in sports to give himself more celebrity.  In Stephen A., he found his soul mate.  

I had the flu for a week and after 2 days, I couldn't watch First Take anymore.  It is mind numbing.  They added a female human body in between them just to announce commercial breaks.  

I think going to jail would be worth the physical pain most of us would like to cause him.

If not, then I'd enjoy just laughing in his face at the *ic things he say's. I like how Jalen mentioned LeBron to him. He could put up 59 points, but Skip would only find the negative in him missing the game winner. SMH. How is this guy on TV?

If you read the last paragraph it says the that 8 of are wins we're against these teams. Then he names all the bad teams we beat he uses no facts what so ever he said we beat Jacksonville twice .

well we did beat the jags the first time we just forgot tell the defense to put a bow on it. I am just kidding of course.

Skip wants to argue with the big names in sports to give himself more celebrity.  In Stephen A., he found his soul mate.  

I had the flu for a week and after 2 days, I couldn't watch First Take anymore.  It is mind numbing.  They added a female human body in between them just to announce commercial breaks.  

I'm right there with you. Been sick since Monday, and I've done nothing but lay on the couch and watch ESPN. I can only take so much RG3 love, and how we're going to be destroyed by Baltimore. Well, that and the stupidity that is Skip Bayless.

Skip does it on purpose. There is no way in hell he would still be employed if he didn't stir the pot. That's the best way to get hits/viewers etc. and bring in revenue. He's just like Bill O' Reilly, they love to stir the pot because they'll get more readers/viewers. I honestly cannot blame him. If I'm an ESPN exec, I'm hiring guys who are going to duke it out verbally. It makes good TV. That carries over to articles(like this one). Good on you skip. 

I had never seen that one, I think this one is even better. check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI

That's hilarious he's basically said Lebron James let Dallas off the hook because he didn't have a post up game. Cuban schooled him.

I'll tell you what it would be hard to argue with Skip because he's so stupid he knocks down your arguments with sheer stupidity it makes his critics feel stupid and confused. I'd just be mesmerized and astonished by his sheer stupidity and lack of causal evidence. Instead of the Mavs playing well and executed when it matters legitimately beating the Heat in the finals he turns it into Lebron James let them off the hook.