Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Reid new KC Coach

Gavin

It just came across the screen on ESPN(dont get NFL Network at moms house and wont be home till the 6th), Andy Reid new KC head coach, Thoughts? I think its a much better place to land than a team like Arizona for three reasons

1.young team

2.1st pick in the draft

3.They are not that many pieces away from competing

It just came across the screen on ESPN(dont get NFL Network at moms house and wont be home till the 6th), Andy Reid new KC head coach, Thoughts? I think its a much better place to land than a team like Arizona for three reasons

1.young team

2.1st pick in the draft

Who plays qb?

Who plays qb?

Cassel but he is not nearly as bad as many make it seem, His last mostly healthy year (He only missed 1 game in 2010) he threw 27 td's and threw only 7 picks. I still think they need a QB since he cant stay healthy plus another wr to pair with Bowe and maybe another Corner on D

Cassel but he is not nearly as bad as many make it seem, His last mostly healthy year (He only missed 1 game in 2010) he threw 27 td's and threw only 7 picks. I still think they need a QB since he cant stay healthy plus another wr to pair with Bowe and maybe another Corner on D

Brady Quinn is the other arm in the QB Battle

1.young team

2.1st pick in the draft

100% right...Reid cant lose because KC will no question be better than 2-14...

The have RB and WR talent...invest in the O-line

I'd still go with Matt Barkley....if he's there in Round 2 ....He's pro ready...

Who plays qb?

There's no QB even close to being worth the #1 pick.  So KC should see what they can get to trade down.  If they land in the middle of the first round, they should probably take a flyer on Mike Glennon. If their round 1 pick is later, then see if Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are still on the board.  And grab talent / fill holes with the rest of the extra picks you got.

I think they will go with Geno Smith with the first overall pick.  But I could see them sliding down a bit to take Barkley, since he would be a good fit for Reid's West Coast Offense.

With a good QB, the Chiefs could be a very good team.  They have talent all over the place.  Their knocks last year were poor coaching (since replaced) and poor QB play (likely to be replaced in the draft).  With those two out of the way, this team could really go places.  Outside of the QB position, the Chiefs have an incredibly talented team

I think Reid is completely over rated as a head coach. I also think taking Geno Smith with the 1st overall pick is a really bad idea. Smith, IMO is a 2nd rd. QB tops. There really isn't a QB worth taking anywhere in the top 15 picks of this draft. Of course, teams will always reach for QB's because everybody hopes to luck into finding a gem, but this yrs. class is not impressive at all.

I think Reid is completely over rated as a head coach. I also think taking Geno Smith with the 1st overall pick is a really bad idea. Smith, IMO is a 2nd rd. QB tops. There really isn't a QB worth taking anywhere in the top 15 picks of this draft. Of course, teams will always reach for QB's because everybody hopes to luck into finding a gem, but this yrs. class is not impressive at all.

Agree on everything except Reid being overrated, 1 SB appearance with Mcnabb (who was good but not great by any stretch of the imagination) is not overrated, Reid led the Eagles to 6 division titles and 5 trips to the NFC championship game, He went 140 and 93 with average QB's but not elite, What ultimately cost Reid his job more then anything else (without having intimate knowledge of the organization of course) is naming Micheal Vick the starting QB after week 2 of the 2010 season in my opinion, I truely believe if the Eagles had a better QB under Center then Reid would be there today and not in KC

Agree on everything except Reid being overrated, 1 SB appearance with Mcnabb (who was good but not great by any stretch of the imagination) is not overrated, Reid led the Eagles to 6 division titles and 5 trips to the NFC championship game, He went 140 and 93 with average QB's but not elite, What ultimately cost Reid his job more then anything else (without having intimate knowledge of the organization of course) is naming Micheal Vick the starting QB after week 2 of the 2010 season in my opinion, I truely believe if the Eagles had a better QB under Center then Reid would be there today and not in KC

I think Reid's downfall has to do with his stubborness to not run the ball. He constantly calls pass plays with a bad QB. He done it with McNabb and continued throughout his Philly tenure. He cost the Eagles a couple of title's IMO with his stubborness. The guy is a good coach and he knows his stuff, but stubborness is what has cost his teams to not win a SB and is what ultimately led to his firing.

I think Reid's downfall has to do with his stubborness to not run the ball. He constantly calls pass plays with a bad QB. He done it with McNabb and continued throughout his Philly tenure. He cost the Eagles a couple of title's IMO with his stubborness. The guy is a good coach and he knows his stuff, but stubborness is what has cost his teams to not win a SB and is what ultimately led to his firing.

Maybe but Coordinators call plays on the majority of teams

Maybe but Coordinators call plays on the majority of teams

I think it's always been Andy Reids way or the highway in Philly. Therefore, he told the coordinators what he wanted them to do and if they didn't, they would be searching for new employment. Philly was a really talented team for quite a few yrs. and should have easily won a SB or 2, but Reid made many a dumb decisions that cost them the opportunity. I just don't think Reid is nearly as good as many give him credit for.

Outside of the QB position, the Chiefs have an incredibly talented team
KC has high round draft picks since Herm Edwards was HC there. I'm sorry but raw talent isn't enough. I don't see Andy Reid lifting that team up to great heights at all. The last HC to get that team to gel chemistry wise was Marty Schottenheimer. How's the fan base in Arrowhead stadium going to react when Andy limits the ground attack in favor of throwing the ball?

If I'm wrong, I will admit it, but I have serious reservations here.

Apparently, Marty disagrees with my viewpoint. haha

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2013/01/04/former-chiefs-coach-marty-schottenheimer-calls-andy-reid-hiring-spectacular/1810107/

KC has high round draft picks since Herm Edwards was HC there. I'm sorry but raw talent isn't enough. I don't see Andy Reid lifting that team up to great heights at all. The last HC to get that team to gel chemistry wise was Marty Schottenheimer. How's the fan base in Arrowhead stadium going to react when Andy limits the ground attack in favor of throwing the ball?

If I'm wrong, I will admit it, but I have serious reservations here.

Apparently, Marty disagrees with my viewpoint. haha

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2013/01/04/former-chiefs-coach-marty-schottenheimer-calls-andy-reid-hiring-spectacular/1810107/

True.  Talent is one thing, but you need a good coach to be able to gel it all together and make it work

He does not like running the ball. Look at all those years McNabb was there. They would have solid runs, and then McNabb goes back to throwing it. This year too, you don't ask Vick to throw it 40-50 times as terrible as his decision making is.

They lost that Super Bowl because of Ried and his poor clock management. That has not changed a bit over the years. There is no hurry whatsoever in his teams. I don't think K.C. is going anywhere with him.

Reid's biggest talent is making a decent QB look better than he is.  He's never had a true elite QB.  Can he make Cassell and Quinn better?  Yes, but they aren't the answer.  Can he make Geno look good?  Yes, but he isn't the answer.  They might take Barkley because he is close to being pro ready and Reid can make him better than all of the others.  I think they either go with him or they grab some QB in FA.  He might even shake the cobwebs off of McNabb the 1st year.  Don't be surprised.

I think they will go with Geno Smith with the first overall pick.  But I could see them sliding down a bit to take Barkley, since he would be a good fit for Reid's West Coast Offense.

With a good QB, the Chiefs could be a very good team.  They have talent all over the place.  Their knocks last year were poor coaching (since replaced) and poor QB play (likely to be replaced in the draft).  With those two out of the way, this team could really go places.  Outside of the QB position, the Chiefs have an incredibly talented team

Nah I dont see any QB coming off top dozen or so ...  IMO Geno Smith is a major bust waiting to happen - looked horrible in the bowl game this season and had a major attitude in doing so.   Maybe Romo gets traded to the Chiefs?  hmmmmmmmmmmm

I see KC as the past lions. Talented roster. Bad team.

Who knows what the problem is.

QB is one, and it doesn't look good to get any better. They have no WR options (Bowe is gone book it). Jamaal Charles is great, but don't expect him to stay healthy.

KC is a 3yr team. It will take 3 years for them to become good, and 3 years from now who knows what the OL will look like. They have a very talented Def, but can they be the 49ers? A def that makes it to where the off only has to score 17pts? I don't think so. Does the off even have the talent to score 17 weekly? At this point. No.

I see KC as the past lions. Talented roster. Bad team.

Who knows what the problem is.

QB is one, and it doesn't look good to get any better. They have no WR options (Bowe is gone book it). Jamaal Charles is great, but don't expect him to stay healthy.

KC is a 3yr team. It will take 3 years for them to become good, and 3 years from now who knows what the OL will look like. They have a very talented Def, but can they be the 49ers? A def that makes it to where the off only has to score 17pts? I don't think so. Does the off even have the talent to score 17 weekly? At this point. No.

If they can hit gold on a Green/Dalton combo like the Bengals did, they're immediately in better shape.  Problem is, I think they need to find the WR first, then see who of Glennon, Smith, Barkley is available at top of round two for QB.   Any of of those 3 going before #15 is a desperation move by some franchise, IMO.  And I have them listed in the order I think they should go off the board.

100% right...Reid cant lose because KC will no question be better than 2-14...The have RB and WR talent...invest in the O-lineI'd still go with Matt Barkley....if he's there in Round 2 ....He's pro ready...

They already have invested in the online...nabbed Eric Winston in FA last year,drafted Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson last year, and drafted Rodney Hudson couple yrs ago to be their future center.

K.C. has a solid runner in Jamaal Charles. Watch Ried ruin his career by not running the ball sort of like how McCoy was left in the cold for Vick to throw 40 passes a game.

The fact is in the big games, he always got out coached. Weather it was Billechek, Fox, Payton, or even Jon Gruden. His game plans were so predictable. Let them get some solid runs, cause you know they aren't going to stay committed to the run game, and go into passing like it's no tomorrow.

I will always believe he lost that Super Bowl for them with his poor clock management. As soon as it was a 10 point game, they acted like it was over. He let the clock keep running. You are down by 10 points, but let the clock tick down to 0 before taking a snap. There was never any sense of urgency in his teams in Philly.