Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Del Rio Not getting HC offers unlike Mcoy

bayone

Jack Del Rio likely staying in Denver

Jack Del Rio told reporters Thursday he has not had any interviews for head coaching jobs set up yet. Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has interest from four teams and has interviews set for this weekend 

Del Rio said he is not surprised he has not been contacted and seems fine with it.

“You never know how things are going to shake out, this year or any other year,” Del Rio said.  .........., but I’ll keep trying. I’m having fun doing what I’m doing now, and if opportunities come in the future, I’ll look at them, but right now I’m 100 percent trying to help these Broncos go win a championship.”

Denver’s players love Del Rio 

Champ Bailey said the team wants the best for Del Rio, but he didn’t lie when asked if it would be a big deal for the team if Del Rio is in Denver for the 2013 season: “Yeah. Yeah, it would. To us, yeah, it would.”

McCoy said he will make it clear to teams this weekend that his current focus is on the Broncos and not trying to get a job.

Re Interviews ....  McCoy told reporters. “So if there’s a question that I might not have an answer for, I’m going to let them know upfront that very honestly, my No. 1 priority is to win football games here for the Denver Broncos

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/53390/broncos-may-keep-jack-del-rio&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

just one yr removed from bad HC work he will have much more to prove. getting a superbowl with Manning may not be a bad idea. this is actually a good thing since they will need him to concentrate on the upcoming games, while the OC may not be necessary in their planning.

I live in Lion country , they could use him

I feel the same way. A hard nosed no nonsense defensive minded coach would go a long way for a team like that. He was able to get the best out of a Jac def that really lacked in "star power", which can be attributed to the GM.

That def has some good quality players on it. And a GM who seems to make some pretty quality picks. If he took a good offensive Cord with him, I think that team could be a serious contender.

Del Rio to Detroit makes way to much sense to me.

So they can go from one coach that does not instill discipline to another? Del Rio is not what they need because that team would just continue to be spastic and undisciplined. I do not know how times we just watched the Jags blow games with stupid mistakes that was caused by their undisciplined play.

So they can go from one coach that does not instill discipline to another? Del Rio is not what they need because that team would just continue to be spastic and undisciplined. I do not know how times we just watched the Jags blow games with stupid mistakes that was caused by their undisciplined play.

Not to the caliber that they currently are.

Did Jac make boneheaded plays? Sure they did. All teams do. But Del Rio took a seriously mediocre team, and and easily got the best out of them.

The Schwatz and Del Rio type of coaching has done their job in detroit to attract people back to football in the past couple of yrs, but it is now time for a smart coach to take full advantage of the team's talent and take them to the next level.

Did Jac make boneheaded plays? Sure they did. All teams do. But Del Rio took a seriously mediocre team, and and easily got the best out of them.

The Schwatz and Del Rio type of coaching has done their job in detroit to attract people back to football in the past couple of yrs, but it is now time for a smart coach to take full advantage of the team's talent and take them to the next level.

From what I gather from my friends they simply believe no matter who the coach, the team will find a way to lose

Didn't he have a tree stump in the locker room with an axe. The punter sunk it into his leg

Didn't he have a tree stump in the locker room with an axe. The punter sunk it into his leg

If your in the NFL. And you don't have the cordination ability to put an ax into a large chunk of wood, your a bozo.

I can just picture a locker room covered in bubble wrap to prevent players from tripping and hitting there head on a sharp corner.