Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Monster is Built!

turner46992

We have all seen numerous clips and footage of Chuck saying lets build a monster. That Monster has been built and I dont even know if any of us have realised it until now. Chuckstrong! that is the monster we have build, Chuckstrong has been the heart, fight, hunger to win, the passion of our team, and the way we paid repesct to Chuck. No, chuckstrong didnt give us our 11 wins, but it gave us a reason to win. When you think of monsters, you tend to lean towards towering beast with druel and slober, but our monster started off as just a simple hash tag for twitter and grew to be the topic of majority of the motivational locker room speeches. Greenbay Packers happpened to be the first to feel the wrath of our beautifully crafted monster and many other teams got that same feeling(Detroit, Titans, and Houston last week to name a few) our monster was not what we did on the field, but yet the emotions we brought to the field. When chuck came back he said to the media that everyone in the organization has done there part to build this monster now he needs to do his, what chuck is unaware of is, his character, his heart, his illness all where the centerpiece to this thing we got this year. Like I said above, we didnt win because of  #chuckstrong....We won because the heart of our players, the ability our players have to rise when everyone had us fallen, the passion and drive they brought each and every week, their own ability to be chuckstrong and never quit. Come sunday, For chuck, for the state of Indiana, and for every single player on that colts roster, Lets not let the beast die, not yet! 

I say it's 75% Built. I don't think we're complete yet imo. But we're heading in the right direction

and Id say, I agree with that. We need to win this sunday and then see what we can do against Patriots(Bengals will beat Texans). So If we can win, with Chuck back and really the emoition of his departure kind of in the rear view, lets see what we got with him back, with out our home crowd roaring in the tear jerking return of Chuck. If we Win this week, Id say we boost a good 10% to 15% more towards completion of the Monster...Yeah?

I say it's 75% Built. I don't think we're complete yet imo. But we're heading in the right direction

Agree. Hopefully next year we'll be stronger on the O line and more quality depth at CB and S.

That said, I really believe that if we kept this team together, and get some guys back from IR, we'd be a top team.

Imagine this team with a healthy Collie, Powers, Brown, and even Whalen, as well as Fili, Nevis, Chapman, and McKinney.

Kudos to our coaches for making this team a contender with the talent available.

Agree. Hopefully next year we'll be stronger on the O line and more quality depth at CB and S.

That said, I really believe that if we kept this team together, and get some guys back from IR, we'd be a top team.

Imagine this team with a healthy Collie, Powers, Brown, and even Whalen, as well as Fili, Nevis, Chapman, and McKinney.

Kudos to our coaches for making this team a contender with the talent available.

Our Pass Rush would be deadly with those guys. But if Powers didn't go down.... would we have Butler? Would he have the Impact he's having now?

I would not say it has been built yet. We are still pretty weak up front, at the corner and safety position. We need to find a guy who can replace Zibs and Lefeged because neither one are long term solutions at that position. Freeney is gone next year so we will need to bolster the OLB spot because Hughes probably will not be able to fill that spot full time.

NT is probably another place we need to look at because we just do not know what we have with Josh Chapman.

The monster is being built and next year I expect to see a major improvement from our defense, but I would not say it has been built yet. You do not get to say that when you give up 200+ yards to Hillis and Charles.

I personally think Colts have played near their peak level all season - I don't think there's a higher level that will be reached in the playoffs.  In 2006, we had the offense, but the defense found it's groove which is hat we needed to make the Super Bowl run.  With that said, I hope I am wrong.  However, we have lots of areas of improvement that can and will be addressed in the coming season(s).  We might be more powerful next season but win fewer games.  We'll see.

Our Pass Rush would be deadly with those guys. But if Powers didn't go down.... would we have Butler? Would he have the Impact he's having now?

Sure, injuries for one player means opportunity for another.

I think this regime is going to keep and play the best guys, no matter who's signed to what. Competition will produce the best team. I hope Powers is invited back to camp. If he can beat out Vaughn or even Butler for the nickel, good for him.

I don't think Avery will make the squad next year. I could be wrong, but I don't think he brings anything over Brazil, and either should be a backup to Hilton. I liked what I saw from Whalen too. If Collie wants to come back, I hope we give him the chance.

We could use a quality RB to compliment Vick. He may or may not be on the roster now. Other than that, I feel we're set on the skill positions for next season.

Im not talking about the structure of the team and Im not talking about for the future, Im talking about the interior of the team and this season alone. Which is a huge season if you ask me. We came from 2-14 to 11-5, released our franchise qb and drafted a handful of rookies, in which the team has relied on a lot. Sure the structure of the team needs work, but for right now and the time being our monster is made, next season starts a new beast....

Ay LEAST 15-20 guys on the sidelines Sunday won`t be here after next season.

And we are looking to replace/upgrade 5 starters on defense and at least 3 on offense ASAP. And we need depth.

A Monster STARTS at the Top. How many believe we have the Owner, GM, Head Coach to Lead a Winner/Monster? haha! I have NO DOUBT!

We have the QB!

But we need many more Quality players to beat above .500 teams week in and week out.

Will it be good enough like in the past to beat weak teams in the regular season and having a Fancy winning %, and then not being able to win a single game in the Playoffs? You know, 1 and done 7 out of 11 seasons.

I Hope our Monster does better than that. JMO