Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, and welcome to Opening Week of the 2011 regular season with our Indianapolis Colts! Colts begin their journey to defend the AFC South Division title, and will also try to earn home field advantage throughout the AFC Playoffs later to earn an opportunity to play Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis next February 5.

Colts are depending on veteran Kerry Collins, who will be the first QB to start for the Colts today other than Peyton Manning since Jim Harbaugh started back in December 1997. Peyton is still recovering from his neck injury, and unfortunately his 208 game regular season consecutive game starts (227 games including playoffs) will end. Colts offense must also contend to the 3-4 defense by veteran coach Wade Phillips.

Colts defeated the Texans at LOS 30-17 on November 1, 2010, but lost in their last visit to Houston, with the Texans winning 34-24. Colts lead the All-Time Regular Season Series 16-2, but this year's Texans appear to be a much improved team, especially with the hiring of veteran coach Wade Phillips to lead his 3-4 defense, and veteran QB Matt Schaub.

Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf will announce the live TV commentary for the NFL On CBS regionally in portions of Indiana, Illinois, and Texas, including WISH CBS 8 in Indianapolis in HD.

Bill Lamey, our 'Voice Of The Colts,' and Wil Wolford, will also announce the live TV game commentary along with sideline reporter Kevin Lee simulcast on flagship stations WFNI ESPN Radio 1070, and WHNK 98.1 FM, and the Colts Radio Network.

Colts will dress in their matching white jerseys and pants, while the Texans will wear their home blue jerseys, and white pants on the field.

Reliant's Stadium's roof in Houston should be closed, with a controlled climate at 70 degrees inside, from the local subtropical weather outside for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff because outside the forecast is Sunny and Clear Skies at 91 degrees, feels like 93 degrees, 0% precipitation, 38% humidity, and very mild southwest winds at 5 miles per hour.

NFL teams and the media coincidentally may remind us what occured in America ten years ago today.

I wish no injuries, and mininum penalties and turnovers. Play safely, and GO COLTS!!!!!

Colts @Texans NFL Live Gamecenter:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091102/2011/REG1/colts@texans

Colts @ Texans Game Preview:

http://www.colts.com/news-and-events/article-1/COLTS-TEXANS-PREVIEW/e8c56029-8808-4c7a-9445-c38ebbd2b282

NFL On CBS Colts @ Texans Game Coverage (In Blue):

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

Colts @ Texans Injury Report:

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart and prayers go to Peyton and family. Praying for a speedy and healthy recovery. Its going to be difficult not watching Manning play after being spoiled for so many years. Get well Peyton.

Go lay the smack down on the Texans!!

Knowing Manning that's the best get well gift anyone could give him right now. I kinda wish Manning had twitter just to see what he has to say during the game and what he has to say about the guys calling the game on CBS.

Oh boy am I ready!!!! Gonna be so weird not seeing Peyton play (I may have to go back and watch my DVR'd games from the past couple seasons- just to get my Peyton fix, lol) but I'm anxious to see what Kerry can do. I think it will be a good game, and believe we can win. GO COLTS!!!!

Oh boy am I ready!!!! Gonna be so weird not seeing Peyton play (I may have to go back and watch my DVR'd games from the past couple seasons- just to get my Peyton fix, lol) but I'm anxious to see what Kerry can do. I think it will be a good game, and believe we can win. GO COLTS!!!!

Agreed! DVR fix is needed here also.

I cannot sleep. The excitement is overwhelming. 8:59 left!

Ready for this. I turned on the NFL network pregame to get away from all the 9/11 talk and I tune right into Strahan talking about it.

It's not that I don't care, heck I was 4 blocks away when the planes hit. I had a meeting scheduled for 10:00 at windows on the world. It's just that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it. I think about it every time a plane flies overhead. If I wanted to watch more about it I would put on the news, I put on the NFL because I am done, drained from thinking about it and I want a release.