Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ravens d talking smack

Stephen

Old Man Ray returning does more harm than good for them. I wonder if they'll let him use a walker on the field. Ed Reed, yeah I know he somehow beat Weddle and Byrd for the Pro Bowl, but he is getting old and not what he used to be either. Suggs has been hurt and largely ineffective this year. Without Webb their secondary has sucked. Even Ngata has been slow this year.

But I guess if Cary Williams and Bernard 'Tonya Harding' Pollard say they're gonna bring out the rookie.....Luck better put on his big boy pants......and maybe wear some sort of lower leg protector.

I remember reading something funny on the internet a while ago. This guy predicted Old Ray is going to sack Luck while in his wheelchair, but still end up losing the game. He would then sign a 1-day contract with the Steelers and retire. He was trolling a Raven fan hehe.

Seems I was wayy off. Here it is "RAY LEWIS IS FINED $25000 FOR AN ILLEGAL HIT ON THE QB WITH HIS WHEELCHAIR. AFTER THE SEASON, SIGNS A 1-DAY DEAL WITH THE STEELERS SO HE CAN RETIRE ON A TEAM THAT'S SYNONYMOUS WITH WINNING, NOT THAT FORMER BROWNS SQUAD"

Edited by Captain Americolt

Nobody but Barry Sanders and Jim Brown were at the top of their game when they retired.  Ray Ray (who I really like) is really Slow Slow.  

Ray had 57 tackles through 6 games and a forced fumble and a sack, something tells me he did not lose much of a step, Still a top 2-3 ILB in the league in my opinion if healthy along with Bowman and Willis

Your defense isn't really that good either. Even when Ray was playing, they were still average. And still will be.

I agree our defense isn't great, but I wasn't talking about the Ravens defense, was I? :)

Also - I've posted this before, but I'll post it again.  Over the last 6 games, the Ravens defense has allowed the 4th fewest yards per game (299).  Meanwhile, the Colts defense in the same time period has allowed almost 100 more yards per game, at 398.

I remember reading something funny on the internet a while ago. This guy predicted Old Ray is going to sack Luck while in his wheelchair, but still end up losing the game. He would then sign a 1-day contract with the Steelers and retire. He was trolling a Raven fan hehe.

Seems I was wayy off. Here it is "RAY LEWIS IS FINED $25000 FOR AN ILLEGAL HIT ON THE QB WITH HIS WHEELCHAIR. AFTER THE SEASON, SIGNS A 1-DAY DEAL WITH THE STEELERS SO HE CAN RETIRE ON A TEAM THAT'S SYNONYMOUS WITH WINNING, NOT THAT FORMER BROWNS SQUAD"

Somebody was in the Reddit trash talk thread.

Your defense isn't really that good either. Even when Ray was playing, they were still average. And still will be.

I think you will be surprised by the defense you see tomorrow. The Ravens have slowly, quietly been getting things together. Key players have been getting healthy and the defense is finally buying into coach Peas. Look at how they played against the Broncos (holding Manning to 208 yards) and Giants (almost a perfect game). Of course I could be very wrong. We'll see. I think one important stat to notice is that the Colts have a -11 TO margin and the Ravens have a +8 TO margin.

I think you will be surprised by the defense you see tomorrow. The Ravens have slowly, quietly been getting things together. Key players have been getting healthy and the defense is finally buying into coach Peas. Look at how they played against the Broncos (holding Manning to 208 yards) and Giants (almost a perfect game). Of course I could be very wrong. We'll see. I think one important stat to notice is that the Colts have a -11 TO margin and the Ravens have a +8 TO margin.

What is our Win/Loss margin vs. Baltimore? Can you tell us that stat sir? That's the stat we're looking to further enhance this Sunday.

This is a common misconception about the Ravens today.  In fact the defense is very young. Other than Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, who is old? Let me run down the list of some of the players.

DE: Art Jones, 26. Pernell McPhee, 24. DeAngelo Tyson, 23. Bryan Hall, 24.

DT: Haloti Ngata, 28. Terrance Cody, 24. Ma’ake Kemoeatu, 33. Kemo was a veteran FA addition.

OLB: Terrell Suggs, 30. Paul Kruger, 26. Albert McClellan, 26. Courtney Upshaw, 23.

ILB: Ray Lewis, 37. Dannell Ellerbe, 27. Josh Bynes, 23. Jameel McClain (starter next to Ray) is on IR, 27

CB: Cary Williams, 28. Jimmy Smith, 24. Corey Graham, 27. Chykie Brown, 26. Chris Johnson, 33. Johnson was a mid-season addition for depth reasons and has played well. Smith missed most of the season. Webb is a stud CB on IR and is 27.

S: Ed Reed, 34. Bernard Pollard, 28. James Ihedigbo, 29. Sean Considine, 30. Omar Brown, 24.

Average age of defensive starters for Sunday: 28

Average age of defensive starters minus Lewis and Reed: 26

I think the consensus is that their best players are old, and the younger guys just aren't as good. I could be wrong, but that's the perception.

What is our Win/Loss margin vs. Baltimore? Can you tell us that stat sir? That's the stat we're looking to further enhance this Sunday.

You're point is that since 1996, you guys have more wins against us?  Yes, it's a large margin, but how does that factor into this game?

We're sitting here talking about our CURRENT defense - you know, the one that your team is going to be facing this Sunday.  The teams' win-loss records mean nothing.

EDIT: Also - looking at the Jim Caldwell - Chuck Pagano advantage thread, everyone on this board agrees that the current Colts team looks NOTHING like what they did last year, and the year before.  Even further proving my point.

You're point is that since 1996, you guys have more wins against us?  Yes, it's a large margin, but how does that factor into this game?

We're sitting here talking about our CURRENT defense - you know, the one that your team is going to be facing this Sunday.  The teams' win-loss records mean nothing.

Ravens should win this game, Colt's are a project in waiting really, ahead of schedule right now.  The prior records don't mean squat, just something to hang onto I guess. PM owned, and still does, the Ravens but that was then this is now.

Ravens should win this game, Colt's are a project in waiting really, ahead of schedule right now.  The prior records don't mean squat, just something to hang onto I guess. PM owned, and still does, the Ravens but that was then this is now.

100% agree.  But I don't think the Ravens have that big of an advantage.  We have never seen your team, you haven't played many common opponents, and you are young and ready to go.

I just hope that my team doesn't royally screw it up come game time.  I've said it before though, if the Colts move on to the Divisional round, I will most certainly be rooting for you guys.

EDIT: Also - looking at the Jim Caldwell - Chuck Pagano advantage thread, everyone on this board agrees that the current Colts team looks NOTHING like what they did last year, and the year before.  Even further proving my point.

If we win this game like I know we will, people will still point to that stat. It will continue to have relevance until Ray Lewis and the boyz do something about it. The post I made states that we are looking to add to the tradition. It has become our traditiion (other than last year which was a total aberration) to put our feet in the Ravens behinds. We are looking to carry on what the former generation left us. And we are certainly capable of picking up where they left off!

That is a notable point. It’s been a truly amazing season for the Colts. To go from last to the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. The inspiration that Pagano permeated through the team has undoubtedly fueled some level of success, but I think the Colts would have been a winning team regardless. There is a ton of youth that will grow with the franchise and this team will be a threat for years to come. The Ravens don’t have that luxury as they want to get Ray Lewis and Ed Reed rings now, there’s urgency. I don’t see Ray Lewis’ career ending with a loss – at home – in the first round of the playoffs.

100% agree.  But I don't think the Ravens have that big of an advantage.  We have never seen your team, you haven't played many common opponents, and you are young and ready to go.

I just hope that my team doesn't royally screw it up come game time.  I've said it before though, if the Colts move on to the Divisional round, I will most certainly be rooting for you guys.

People forget the Giants were also on the negative side of scoring during the regular season last year.  anyone can get hot and win it I suppose . I was sure the 06 Colts were the worst team in football after a late season demolition by Jones Drew.

That is a notable point. It’s been a truly amazing season for the Colts. To go from last to the playoffs is a huge accomplishment. The inspiration that Pagano permeated through the team has undoubtedly fueled some level of success, but I think the Colts would have been a winning team regardless. There is a ton of youth that will grow with the franchise and this team will be a threat for years to come. The Ravens don’t have that luxury as they want to get Ray Lewis and Ed Reed rings now, there’s urgency. I don’t see Ray Lewis’ career ending with a loss – at home – in the first round of the playoffs.

Colt's are going to have a boatload of cap space after all this bad money is gone. Probably going to see Grigson is the opposite of Polian, a buyer not sitting on his hands when it's obvious the team needs something bad.

I agree our defense isn't great, but I wasn't talking about the Ravens defense, was I? :)

Also - I've posted this before, but I'll post it again.  Over the last 6 games, the Ravens defense has allowed the 4th fewest yards per game (299).  Meanwhile, the Colts defense in the same time period has allowed almost 100 more yards per game, at 398.

Yes your defense is better than the Colts. That's not really saying much. We aren't great and give up yards and points but make plays when it matters. Example, we haven't given up a fourth quarter TD in like 5 games. Luck has 7 game winning drives. This team makes plays when the game is on the line but doesn't look statistically impressive on either side of the ball. Hence, 11-5 record while being outscored by 30 points.

If we win this game like I know we will, people will still point to that stat. It will continue to have relevance until Ray Lewis and the boyz do something about it. The post I made states that we are looking to add to the tradition. It has become our traditiion (other than last year which was a total aberration) to put our feet in the Ravens behinds. We are looking to carry on what the former generation left us. And we are certainly capable of picking up where they left off!

Yep, if you win they may point to it, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here :)  And I think it's unfair to throw out last years games, when you are fine to include games in the mid-2000's when the Ravens team was abominable.  Let's be fair and count ALL of the games, and you guys still have a far better record against us.

People forget the Giants were also on the negative side of scoring during the regular season last year.  anyone can get hot and win it I suppose . I was sure the 06 Colts were the worst team in football after a late season demolition by Jones Drew.

Yep - I completely agree.  I say it all the time - those that are pessimistic about their team look to the past, and those that are optimistic look to the future.  Right now, tomorrow is the future.

Yes your defense is better than the Colts. That's not really saying much. We aren't great and give up yards and points but make plays when it matters. Example, we haven't given up a fourth quarter TD in like 5 games. Luck has 7 game winning drives. This team makes plays when the game is on the line but doesn't look statistically impressive on either side of the ball. Hence, 11-5 record while being outscored by 30 points.

I know it's not saying much - but our defense has played FAR better than the Colts' in the last 6 games.  Being ranked 4th in the league in yards allowed should not be understated.  I agree that your team has a tendency to either hold onto a lead late into the game, or come back to win it.  But tomorrow, our two defenses will be on the field, and if your defense allows the Ravens to get 400 yards of offense, I think the Ravens have a very good shot at holding off Luck and a 4th quarter comeback.

I know it's not saying much - but our defense has played FAR better than the Colts' in the last 6 games.  Being ranked 4th in the league in yards allowed should not be understated.  I agree that your team has a tendency to either hold onto a lead late into the game, or come back to win it.  But tomorrow, our two defenses will be on the field, and if your defense allows the Ravens to get 400 yards of offense, I think the Ravens have a very good shot at holding off Luck and a 4th quarter comeback.

I was talking overall throughout the year. But, if you want to talk last 6 games, the Colts actually look like the better team on both sides of the ball. Colts are 5-1, have scored 24.5/game and allowed 21.2/game. The Ravens are 2-4, have scored 21.8/game and allowed 23 points/game. I've never been one to think much of total yards. It's really about points and the Colts have been doing a better job than the Ravens down the stretch. If we do give up 400 yards we will probably lose because of the amount of points we will give up but chances are 400 yards isn't going to happen...ya'll aren't the Pats. 

I was talking overall throughout the year. But, if you want to talk last 6 games, the Colts actually look like the better team on both sides of the ball. Colts are 5-1, have scored 24.5/game and allowed 21.2/game. The Ravens are 2-4, have scored 21.8/game and allowed 23 points/game. I've never been one to think much of total yards. It's really about points and the Colts have been doing a better job than the Ravens down the stretch. If we do give up 400 yards we will probably lose because of the amount of points we will give up but chances are 400 yards isn't going to happen...ya'll aren't the Pats. 

You're right, we aren't the Pats - because we actually have a running game, which is the Colts' achilles heel.

I'd expect Rice to have at least 100 (and probably more) on the day.  Pierce will take quite a few carries while Rice is resting, so I'd expect to see him have a decent number of yards.

If you don't think Flacco can throw for 200 - 250, you may be in for a surprise.

It's worth mentioning that, while Ray Rice is obviously a major threat, Bernard Pierce, an absolute steal in the third round, has 212 yards rushing in the last two games. He is a very powerful back with 4.3 speed (check his pro day). To win, the Colts have to contain the run and get going early offensively. If their offense comes out flat, the crowd will take over and there will be no looking back.

If you don't think Flacco can throw for 200 - 250, you may be in for a surprise.

I agree with this. Flacco is poised for a good playoffs. Flacco knows the deal, he’s been here, he’s comfortable with Caldwell’s calls, which have been a breath of fresh air from the slow-developing, vertical plays under Cameron (they're running slants!), and they’re reutilizing the no-huddle. While the Colts come in focused on stopping the run, the ball may go over their head.

You're right, we aren't the Pats - because we actually have a running game, which is the Colts' achilles heel.

I'd expect Rice to have at least 100 (and probably more) on the day.  Pierce will take quite a few carries while Rice is resting, so I'd expect to see him have a decent number of yards.

The Pats actually have one of the best running games in the league (they average more yards/game than the Ravens and about the same yards/carry). Yes, RR is a beast. Flacco is wildly inconsistent. I'm not delusion and saying that the Colts are one of the best teams in the playoffs. However, I don't think the Ravens are either. 

The Pats actually have one of the best running games in the league (they average more yards/game than the Ravens and about the same yards/carry). Yes, RR is a beast. Flacco is wildly inconsistent. I'm not delusion and saying that the Colts are one of the best teams in the playoffs. However, I don't think the Ravens are either. 

Darn you and your facts!

Flacco is inconsistent - I agree.  But whether that was him, or the play calling, has yet to be seen.  Of course, I doubt our change in OC will have too big of an effect on any game we play this season.

As for your last part, I agree - we both are long-shots to make a run this year.  But as was said earlier, it's about who gets hot right now - and we both have a chance to do that.