Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ravens d talking smack

Stephen

The ravens D has not come close to what they use to be. They still have some play makers but that D is getting old. But jawing before a game is no big deal. A lot of guys do it.

This is a common misconception about the Ravens today.  In fact the defense is very young. Other than Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, who is old? Let me run down the list of some of the players.

DE: Art Jones, 26. Pernell McPhee, 24. DeAngelo Tyson, 23. Bryan Hall, 24.

DT: Haloti Ngata, 28. Terrance Cody, 24. Ma’ake Kemoeatu, 33. Kemo was a veteran FA addition.

OLB: Terrell Suggs, 30. Paul Kruger, 26. Albert McClellan, 26. Courtney Upshaw, 23.

ILB: Ray Lewis, 37. Dannell Ellerbe, 27. Josh Bynes, 23. Jameel McClain (starter next to Ray) is on IR, 27

CB: Cary Williams, 28. Jimmy Smith, 24. Corey Graham, 27. Chykie Brown, 26. Chris Johnson, 33. Johnson was a mid-season addition for depth reasons and has played well. Smith missed most of the season. Webb is a stud CB on IR and is 27.

S: Ed Reed, 34. Bernard Pollard, 28. James Ihedigbo, 29. Sean Considine, 30. Omar Brown, 24.

Average age of defensive starters for Sunday: 28

Average age of defensive starters minus Lewis and Reed: 26

Sounds like 06 when Bart Scott said he was going to pour "hot sauce" on Addai.

We all know how that ended

It was hot sauce on everyone, including Peyton :). We even had folks mooning the Colts' team bus, stay classy Baltimore, stay classy!!! :)

Part of me believes the Ravens' organization has known for a while the Rey is retiring, and the let him announce this week to get a media circus started, and to get fans hyped up. If you need more motivation than a Lombardi at this time of the year you probably shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Part of me believes the Ravens' organization has known for a while the Rey is retiring, and the let him announce this week to get a media circus started, and to get fans hyped up. If you need more motivation than a Lombardi at this time of the year you probably shouldn't be in the playoffs.

I think that's a bit of a reach.

Old Man Ray returning does more harm than good for them. I wonder if they'll let him use a walker on the field. Ed Reed, yeah I know he somehow beat Weddle and Byrd for the Pro Bowl, but he is getting old and not what he used to be either. Suggs has been hurt and largely ineffective this year. Without Webb their secondary has sucked. Even Ngata has been slow this year.

But I guess if Cary Williams and Bernard 'Tonya Harding' Pollard say they're gonna bring out the rookie.....Luck better put on his big boy pants......and maybe wear some sort of lower leg protector.

What bothers me is that Cary Williams gets a few interceptions & think he's a HOF?, I've seen him play (due to the fact I live in VA & have no choice).

Williams isn't that Good. He easily gets left & his ball skills are average at Best. And to Pollard, you can't hit...... what you can't catch.

*Drops Mic & Walks Away*

What bothers me is that Cary Williams gets a few interceptions & think he's a HOF?, I've seen him play (due to the fact I live in VA & have no choice).

Williams isn't that Good. He easily gets left & his ball skills are average at Best. And to Pollard, you can't hit...... what you can't catch.

*Drops Mic & Walks Away*

Cary Williams has his good days and his bad days.  Unfortunately, his bad days greatly outnumber his good days.

If there's anyone on our team that shouldn't be talking smack, he's probably the guy.

I'm proud that the Colts don't smack talk or celebrate excessively. That's for the punks, and there aren't many (any?) punks on the Colts.

It's apart of being Classy. Look at the Jets vs Patriots how Revis, Cromartie, & Mostly Rex Ryan always trash talked Brady. What did Brady do?? Calmly walked on the Field & Dismantled that Defense. Then went over to the sidelines & put his little NE Beanie on

This is a common misconception about the Ravens today.  In fact the defense is very young. Other than Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, who is old? Let me run down the list of some of the players.

DE: Art Jones, 26. Pernell McPhee, 24. DeAngelo Tyson, 23. Bryan Hall, 24.

DT: Haloti Ngata, 28. Terrance Cody, 24. Ma’ake Kemoeatu, 33. Kemo was a veteran FA addition.

OLB: Terrell Suggs, 30. Paul Kruger, 26. Albert McClellan, 26. Courtney Upshaw, 23.

ILB: Ray Lewis, 37. Dannell Ellerbe, 27. Josh Bynes, 23. Jameel McClain (starter next to Ray) is on IR, 27

CB: Cary Williams, 28. Jimmy Smith, 24. Corey Graham, 27. Chykie Brown, 26. Chris Johnson, 33. Johnson was a mid-season addition for depth reasons and has played well. Smith missed most of the season. Webb is a stud CB on IR and is 27.

S: Ed Reed, 34. Bernard Pollard, 28. James Ihedigbo, 29. Sean Considine, 30. Omar Brown, 24.

Average age of defensive starters for Sunday: 28

Average age of defensive starters minus Lewis and Reed: 26

True but Lewis and Reed were great players . 

True but Lewis and Reed were great players . 

Bolded the part of your post that matters.

There are currently better defensive players in the NFL than Ed and Ray.  Arguably, the Ravens have a better ILB in Dannell Ellerbe than Ray Lewis right now.  Our team is moving towards finding young talent, while continuing to be a playoff team.  With Ray (and presumably Ed) leaving, I don't think it will be overly difficult to make-up for their current on-field talents.  The emotional loss will be far greater than the physical one.

Bolded the part of your post that matters.

There are currently better defensive players in the NFL than Ed and Ray.  Arguably, the Ravens have a better ILB in Dannell Ellerbe than Ray Lewis right now.  Our team is moving towards finding young talent, while continuing to be a playoff team.  With Ray (and presumably Ed) leaving, I don't think it will be overly difficult to make-up for their current on-field talents.  The emotional loss will be far greater than the physical one.

I hope you guys stay competitive for a while. Any team that prevents Pittsburgh from winning another Superbowl has a special place in my heart.

To be fair to the Ravens' defense, they have allowed the second fewest passing touchdowns this year. For all their struggles through injuries, coaching changes, player changes, they've done pretty well. They've really started to come together over the past month and they've shown flashes of great defense -- now with new, younger faces. I wouldn't be surprised if they really get things going defensively here in the playoffs, especially with the added boost of home-field advantage.