Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck vs RGIII. This should settle things among those who don't know which to chose

Oh look, forum * misinterpreting and assuming the worst once again. I didn't see anything negative or "anticolt" in his post, by the way. Glad to see that I can catch your well-desired attention so easily though. haha

I was only joking pal, like GoPats. Why not give me a like, rather than an insult? I'm hurt.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise. I will cease calling you a troll with immediate effect. If you change your user name to "I Really Like Andrew Luck...However..."

Do we have a deal?

haha yeah, that's reasonable. I think "I'm a Texans Fan, but Colts Fans Are Alright Too" should suffice.

That was a good decision by Shanahan in a completely incomparable situation.  Davis was at no risk there, he just had to go out there and run into the pile while Elway executed the fake.

I've had migraines before and I've had lower body ligament injuries before.  Completely different animals.

If a coach is willing to send a player back into a game when he has blurred vision from a migraine headache it's not much of a reach to think that he would send RG3 back out there knowing he's hurt.  That's the point I am getting at.  Is a migraine headache the same as ligament injuries?  Clearly not and not what I was trying to stay either. 

this is will be on going until RGIII turns into Ryan Leaf

Enh I don't know if that will happen.  Heck RG3 has already done more than Leaf did in his career.  While I think RG3 will battle injuries most of his career when he's healthy I think he's going to be as good as any QB in the league. 

this is will be on going until RGIII turns into Ryan Leaf

That's about as likely as Luck turning in to Jamarcus Russell.

If a coach is willing to send a player back into a game when he has blurred vision from a migraine headache it's not much of a reach to think that he would send RG3 back out there knowing he's hurt.  That's the point I am getting at.  Is a migraine headache the same as ligament injuries?  Clearly not and not what I was trying to stay either. 

The difference is that there was no way for Shanahan to know the full extent to which Griffin was hurt under the circumstances until it was too late.  Mistakes were certainly made and there were very clear and obvious breakdowns in communication between Griffin, Shanahan, and the medical staff.  I was actually at the game, by the way, and I can tell you first hand that even from close up (good seats :)) the degree to which Griffin was hobbled wasn't apparent until much later in the game than if you were watching the broadcast.

Davis' migraine was something that was far more black and white.

IMO , here are the bottom lines to this thread.

1) RG3 will need to learn to home his skills to a more conventional NFL game. No QB in history has run the ball at a 10 per game clip as RG did until the injury happened.  This will entail him learning to make the proper reads and maybe even change his sidearm delivery which could result in too many passes being knocked down at the LOS. Worst case scenario , he will miss much or all of next year and then spend another year learning how to play the NFL game. He very well could end up as good or better than Luck , but he has so many more "issues" going forward. But there is no question he is a great talent and as good of a leader.

2) Shanahan took the easy "route" to year one. The fact that RG3 was nowhere ready to play the game from under center is one of the reasons he was ranked by many as a lower rated prospect than Luck.

3) Luck is a tank and will be a star for years to come. At this point in time , the Colts made the right choice. 

4) Rookie of the year ? Either one would be a legit choice .

I know many of you are sick of this topic. If that is so then don't read this thread, or listen to the following link.

This is not a knock at RGII either for those who may think I am trying to make Luck seem better. This is nothing against RGIII who has also been impressive. But I'm tired of everyone saying RGIII is the better QB and the stats speak for themselves blah blah blah. I know what I've seen in Luck and anyone who knows QBs sees how impressive and under rated luck has been this year.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8796005

This should settle things.

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on this.... why waste your time? RGIII plays in the NFC East, you'll play him once every 8 years. Why worry about whether people think he is better or not than Luck? What difference does it really make?

Luck is a special talent. More QBs with special talents are ruined than become great. Chances are that two of the three Luck, Wilson, RG3 are not going to be "great" I would be hoping my franchise was doing everything they can to make sure Luck becomes the one that becomes great.

First thing they need to do is make sure Arians comes back. Secondly they need to make sure Wayne comes back (what Wayne can do for Luck & Hilton is invaluable & will probably have the most influence on Luck's career), Third, they need to fortify that defense.

I know a lot of people would like to put offensive line up there as well. But there are so many things a good offensive coordinator can do to protect his QB from a scheme standpoint. Think Peyton Manning. Think Edgerin James.

But the last thing I would be worried about, is RG3.

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on this.... why waste your time? RGIII plays in the NFC East, you'll play him once every 8 years. Why worry about whether people think he is better or not than Luck? What difference does it really make?

Luck is a special talent. More QBs with special talents are ruined than become great. Chances are that two of the three Luck, Wilson, RG3 are not going to be "great" I would be hoping my franchise was doing everything they can to make sure Luck becomes the one that becomes great.

First thing they need to do is make sure Arians comes back. Secondly they need to make sure Wayne comes back (what Wayne can do for Luck & Hilton is invaluable & will probably have the most influence on Luck's career), Third, they need to fortify that defense.

I know a lot of people would like to put offensive line up there as well. But there are so many things a good offensive coordinator can do to protect his QB from a scheme standpoint. Think Peyton Manning. Think Edgerin James.

We'll play once every four years.

Well said.

never did get this fight nfc QB over AFC guy. sheesh. Who cares about NFC:)

other than you have to beat them in a SB ;-)

That's about as likely as Luck turning in to Jamarcus Russell.

The difference is that there was no way for Shanahan to know the full extent to which Griffin was hurt under the circumstances until it was too late.  Mistakes were certainly made and there were very clear and obvious breakdowns in communication between Griffin, Shanahan, and the medical staff.  I was actually at the game, by the way, and I can tell you first hand that even from close up (good seats :)) the degree to which Griffin was hobbled wasn't apparent until much later in the game than if you were watching the broadcast.

Davis' migraine was something that was far more black and white.

IF and this is a major if the doctor didn't clear him to go back out there he shouldn't have been out there.  With that said I wasn't on the sidelines so I have no way of knowing if the doctor cleared him or not in the Ravens game I only know what the story that broke yesterday said.  With that said the coach is responsible to know those kinds of things if he didn't know it's because he didn't want to know. 

Again the only point I am trying to make by bringing up the Davis thing is that Shanahan has shown in the past he will play players that probably shouldn't be on the field if he thinks it will help the team win.  That's all.  Again, I don't care how much RG3 is saying he wanted to be out there or what all players say that.  That's why you have doctors and coaches to not let them go back out there because players are going to sacrifice their bodies to help their teams win now it's just the way they are. 

As for what happened on Sunday I think RG3 was healthy enough to play to start the game based on how he started.  Clearly not 100% but also clearly not in the shape he was in by the end of the game either.  He took a hit before he went out where he got up and just was never the same after that.  I think it was that hit that put him in danger.  None of us here know what happened on the sidelines from that point on.  I will say this if a doctor didn't look at him that team doctor should be fired and if it turns out the coaches didn't listen to the doctor or didn't find out what he had to say i am sure they will be hearing from the league office. 

I also think there is something to be said to the field at Washington just being awful.  The Seahawks lost a player to a torn ACL as well and their kicker was also hurt on it.  I am not saying they have to go to field turf but they need to find away to take better care of their field.  That looked liked painted mud on parts of the field and that's not good.  If that Packers can have a decent looking field in Green Bay in the winter any stadium should be able to have a decent looking field.  I am not doing that to pick on the Redskins either.  No one wants to see players get hurt rather it be Seahawks or RG3 and if something can be done to help prevent that it should be. 

Now now, just because Brady was never in the running for OROTY, don't get all snippy.

Oh, look, someone says something 'anti Colts' (even in jest) and our resident troll stamps it with a 'like'. What a surprise!

Brady was fetching coffee and cleaning Drew Bledsoe's cleats as a rookie. He won the premiere parking spot in the offseason but that's the extent of #12's rookie season hardware. ;)

Brady was fetching coffee and cleaning Drew Bledsoe's cleats as a rookie. He won the premiere parking spot in the offseason but that's the extent of #12's rookie season hardware. ;)

Did he not bag Bridget Moynahan around that time? Cos that was some good hardware right there. Or was that after he got lucky...... sorry, bagged all those stupid rings?

Did he not bag Bridget Moynahan around that time? Cos that was some good hardware right there. Or was that after he got lucky...... sorry, bagged all those stupid rings?

I think that was a bit later, after a couple of Super Bowls. Those Hollywood women like their high-profile men.