Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GB's Mock Draft 2013

Your doing a lot of dreaming on this one. Quanterus Smith is a 3-4 round pick and Amerson is gone high 2nd round

Amerson has been knocked down a few rounds by the 'experts' 3rd round is a slight possibility...as far as Smith Ive seen him listed everywhere...its hard to call *swithes Mattieu and Smith Picks*

Only pick I like is Amerson, anyway we look at it I dont think we take care of all of our needs this offseason but O Line and OLB needs to be first priority, If push comes to shove we can get by with Davis and Butler being #1 and 2 starting Corners but if 1 went down we would be in trouble

Part of the problem with all these projections and various mock drafts is this....

Someone thinks Player-A is a '3rd round pick'....      so, they project that the Colts might get him in the 3rd round.   Seems reasonable.

Except,  that a round is 32 picks long.   And at some point as we get closer,  we'll start to get a better feel for players being picked toward the top or bottom of a round.

I also think Amerson is a likely 2nd round pick.   But, if he does somehow fall to the 3rd round,  I don't expect him to fall to the bottom of the 3rd round where we pick, I expect him to be long gone by then.   I'd expect he'll go early 3rd if he lasts that long.

Remember, last year we picked at the top of every round.    This year,  we'll be close to the bottom of every round.   That's a huge difference far beyond just noting what round a player may be drafted in....

Just some food for thought....

Because its fun....

Round 1 Matt Elam SS UF

Round 2 N/A

Round 3 David Amerson CB NC State

Round 4 Hugh Thornton OG Illinois

Round 5 Tyrann Matthieu DB LSU

Round 6 N/A

Round 7 Quanterus Smith DE Western KY

Really, really hate this mock draft. No offense man, but it really sucks. Pass rushers and Offensive Lineman seem to be more of an urgent need right now than DBs, especially since we don't have a 2nd. We can find a better safety in the FA (Byrd comes to mind), and Amerson won't fall into the 3rd. Mathieu, well, his history precedes him. As talented as he is, he seems like a miniature Cam Newton (except he's on defense) with his lack of intelligence and his "swagger". Quanterus Smith won't make it into R7. Also, Gabe Jackson (South Miss.) is a better OG pick in R4, than Hugh Thornton. Overall, sorry man, but this Mock really sucks. Grade: D- (the only way this would have been worse is if you had us selecting Sam Montgomery {LSU} in the 1st)

Because its fun....

Round 1 Matt Elam SS UF

Round 2 N/A

Round 3 David Amerson CB NC State

Round 4 Hugh Thornton OG Illinois

Round 5 Tyrann Matthieu DB LSU

Round 6 N/A

Round 7 Quanterus Smith DE Western KY

That's not bad at all. I just take it that you're assuming we get the o-line fixed with veteran free agents and then work on the D in the draft. I like that idea. The Matthieu pick is iffy. An * is one thing, an * with money is another.

lefedged has played good enough even if elam was available we wouldn't draft him. we need a olb,g,and rt before any other position. i really like dion jordan he has great quickness and solid against the run.

Grigson has stated he does not draft for need. He goes by best player available on his board. Although oline, olb and cb are needs, almost any position other than QB and RB would be possible choices. Guys will fall to us in the mid twenties who should have gone in the teens. Our good drafting GM will grab one of them.

Grigson has stated he does not draft for need. He goes by best player available on his board. Although oline, olb and cb are needs, almost any position other than QB and RB would be possible choices. Guys will fall to us in the mid twenties who should have gone in the teens. Our good drafting GM will grab one of them.

If this draft turns out to be like the last for us, where we go offense all the way thru, Manusky might pop a vein. 

grigson drafted for need last year when he drafted fleener over upshaw and janoris jenkins.  jordan is projected top 20 pick but might fall to us due to teams reaching for qb's and i dont think grigson will pass on him. jordan fits our 3-4 scheme perfectly at 6,7 245 lbs olb is a great pass rusher and good setting the edge vs the run, also is good in pass coverage. he also looks like he can put on about 15 more lbs and at 6'7 260 could be even better.

grigson drafted for need last year when he drafted fleener over upshaw and janoris jenkins.  jordan is projected top 20 pick but might fall to us due to teams reaching for qb's and i dont think grigson will pass on him. jordan fits our 3-4 scheme perfectly at 6,7 245 lbs olb is a great pass rusher and good setting the edge vs the run, also is good in pass coverage. he also looks like he can put on about 15 more lbs and at 6'7 260 could be even better.

How can u say he drafted for need because he went with fleener over upshaw and Jenkins? U have no clue how grison had those players rated.....plus they needed all three of those positions

Hopefully...as in the case of OG David DeCastro last year....OG Chance Warmack is an option at #24, where we pick this coming draft. It's always nice when need and value intersect.

Pittsburgh got a bad break with DeCastro's knee injury...but he was considered a steal at 24th overall.