•  

Photo

Will Luck Run More in the Playoffs?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 swflacoltsfans

swflacoltsfans
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Since everything is on the line in the playoffs and there is no tomorrow unless you win will Luck get the green light to run more? He has shown he can pick up some big yardage when he takes off.

Go Colts!!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Great question.  Since it's the playoffs, I think he should do WHATEVER it takes to win.  If that means a 25 yard scamper, then do it.  

#3 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2315 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think this is an example the "wholesale" changes that Luck said they wouldn't be making.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#4 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I think this is an example the "wholesale" changes that Luck said they wouldn't be making.

I dont know if this is a wholesale change necessarily...I think he may run more if the defense allows it....B'more is fairly slow but they did try to snap RG3's leg in half...hmmmm..nevermind that whole running thing

#5 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4041 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I think he should definitely run more. He is deceptively fast and we are going to need every weapon we have!

#6 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Run more of the offense, yes. No huddle!!

#7 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I hope not, it means the Oline has broken down and he's running for his life. As a designed runs go, save them for the redzone.

#8 BlueRedZone

BlueRedZone
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'd like to see no huddle, dink and dunks and not allowing the defense to substitute. Age will play a factor. I know Ray Lewis is going to be back but he hasen't played in awhile and could be a liability. Keep there defense on the field as much as possible and limit the Possessions for the Ravens. Forcing Shane Falco to beat us rather than Ray Rice.

A few 12 men on the field penalties would be nice to get while they are trying to sub. (saw that last week vs. houston)
The Official Fan Meteorologist of the Board
My opinions and predictions only have to be right some of the time

#9 BPM_Colt

BPM_Colt
  • 1064 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I've been waiting to see him tuck it and run all season. He has had success when he has done it, but it hasn't happened as much as I think it should. Whatever works Sunday and gets a W, I'll be stoked!

#10 terpsnation

terpsnation
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

No huddle isn't going to be a feasible option in M&T Bank Stadium, unless the Colts take the crowd out of the game early on.

#11 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13553 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

No

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#12 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing him run it a little more, just to give the defense something else to worry about, it might opens things up a little.

#13 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

We don't want ngata to sit on him

#14 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Since everything is on the line in the playoffs and there is no tomorrow unless you win will Luck get the green light to run more? He has shown he can pick up some big yardage when he takes off.

Go Colts!!

Good question.. and one i have thought a lot about.    I personally HOPE....   INDY rolls out at Baltimore and runs some "read option"..  

It would totally throw BMore off guard right off the bat.    And Luck actually is the "prototypical"  read option QB.    A "Tebow" that can throw...     and you have Andrew Luck.   But AL had to do it the hard way.     Learn an NFL O and then execute it.

So why not flip the script on BMore?   Come out and run some read option?   I think it would be a smashing success.

But for some reason I don't think it will happen.    

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#15 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Actually Arians did not come close to utilizing Luck's running ability.     So that fact alone makes me think he may have some stuff up his sleeve.

Andrew Luck is the athletic equivalent to Cam Newton.     But Indy used him in a totally different way.     I hope Indy is progressive enough to think "like I do" ..    heeh.e..

I dont know if this is a wholesale change necessarily...I think he may run more if the defense allows it....B'more is fairly slow but they did try to snap RG3's leg in half...hmmmm..nevermind that whole running thing

Aldous Huxley

#16 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Indy and Andrew L have been at their season best when they are running NO HUDDLE.    Noise is not a factor.     In fact this may be the surprise Colt fans want to see.....

No huddle isn't going to be a feasible option in M&T Bank Stadium, unless the Colts take the crowd out of the game early on.

Aldous Huxley

#17 krunk

krunk
  • 3190 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I like it when Luck runs. Specifically I like it when he goes through all his reads, and decides to run forward through the pocket. He usually runs for a first down, or he will hit Avery or Allen on a crossing route. I love those kinds of plays because they extend drives.

#18 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9746 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

As long as he Protects himself, idc what he does
Just slide down to avoid the hits

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#19 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

That goes without saying...

I want Indy to come out and run some option...    Every other rookie QB is making a killing off of the league being slow to defend it.   This is the time to STRIKE. 

Luck can run and throw it ...      it would be EPIC

Aldous Huxley

#20 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I really hope he doesn't have to run much in the playoffs. I think he is more dangerous with his arms than his legs.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#21 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Designed runs would work to perfection...     and yes...  A Luck is far more dangerous with his ARM than his legs...      I agree.

I really hope he doesn't have to run much in the playoffs. I think he is more dangerous with his arms than his legs.

Aldous Huxley

#22 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9746 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

That goes without saying...

I want Indy to come out and run some option... Every other rookie QB is making a killing off of the league being slow to defend it. This is the time to STRIKE.

Luck can run and throw it ... it would be EPIC

Ehh. The problem with that is, you're exposed to more Hits. RG3 & Wilson take hits on those option runs. Let's just stick to our Offense

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#23 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

My point is Luck is "Tebow" like... he is built to take it.....       

I don't want him to over a season but for ONE game....   to totally confuse the D..  heck ya....

Run it Bruce...        Luck is the toughest cat on Indy's team.   He can, could, and WOULD do it.

Ehh. The problem with that is, you're exposed to more Hits. RG3 & Wilson take hits on those option runs. Let's just stick to our Offense

Aldous Huxley

#24 Tweez

Tweez
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

If the opportunity presents itself I don't see why not.

#25 bahhummbug

bahhummbug
  • 1173 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hes going to have to get rid of ball quickly.I just hope he can remember to throw it away if need be. please dont hold it too long

#26 terpsnation

terpsnation
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

My point is Luck is "Tebow" like... he is built to take it.....       

I don't want him to over a season but for ONE game....   to totally confuse the D..  heck ya....

Nobodies legs are built to take the hit that Haloti Ngata gave to RGIII.

jm061355091431.jpg

Ouchies.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Jul
    Bogie

Edmond O'Brien - a decent actor that fell off my oldies radar. D.O.A. was pretty good for a public domain film. Thank you someone for the Internet Archive.

View All Updates