Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't we have the advantage against the ravens?

bap1331

Coach pagano knows the defense very well. And I'm sure that he learned the offense well too. Im sure he knows the players inside and out. The only thing the ravens know about is is through Caldwell and Curtis painter and our team is no where near the one last year and 2 years ago...

Not to say it is an easy game, it will be very challenging and i am lookiing forward to it. :)

Colts have to execute but having Pagano who knows them quite well and Arians who knows how to attack them well.....yeah it does help IMO. You can't say it doesn't.

Arians played the Ravens to a draw while he was the coordinator there. Neither team had a significant advantage. 

Sure, our coaches will be familiar with their defensive schemes, but I think adjustments and execution will have a lot more to do with what happens on Sunday.

This stuff is pretty overrated. This is the NFL and they have tape on every single player and team. The Ravens have an entire year of tape on our offense and defense just like we on them. Sure Pagano may know a few things that the tape might not say, but the advantage some people think this will give us is very overstated.<br /><br />

Colts have to execute but having Pagano who knows them quite well and Arians who knows how to attack them well.....yeah it does help IMO. You can't say it doesn't.

Doesn't that also mean that the Ravens have an idea how the Colts would like to attack as well. 

This is much ado about nothing.  Execution is how a team will win this game.  Not because of some inside knowledge.

I do not dismiss the idea of having inside knowledge as being trivial.  I have heard many a Tampa Bay Bucs player mention on radio interviews (WDAE) how Gruden prepped their D for the Oakland offensive schemes and formations in the Super Bowl.  They said that almost every play, Gruden was yelling out (code words) the play the Raiders were going to run and their D knew it as well, and made D adjustments to better stop it.

Rich Gannon and the high powered Oakland offense threw 5 interceptions, 3 returned for TD's.  OTOH, Baltimore knows Arians tendencies too.  So I agree, execution is still key.  But some inside knowledge may not be bad...

Coach pagano knows the defense very well. And I'm sure that he learned the offense well too. Im sure he knows the players inside and out. The only thing the ravens know about is is through Caldwell and Curtis painter and our team is no where near the one last year and 2 years ago...

Not to say it is an easy game, it will be very challenging and i am lookiing forward to it. :)

We match up extremely well against the ravens.

1. We have been stopping the Run, and Rice has been in a slump

2. They have no really big physical receivers, and those receivers are the ones that have been beating our secondary, Vontae Davis should dominate whoever he is placed on.

3. Joe Flacco is not a great QB. He is easily confused and our D matches up well against him.

ANother advantage is Luck vs Flacco. Joe Flacco is garbage. Just watch him stand in the pocket, absolutely zero pocket awareness whatsoever. he's going to get pounded by this defense.

Flacco is garbage? Is he elite like Manning,  Brady, Brees, Rogers? No he isn't. But he outplayed Brady in the AFC championship game and is one dropped pass away from being in the Super Bowl. He is the 12th ranked passer in the league. He is upper middle of the pack for quarterbacks. Not garbage. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2