•  

Photo

Don't we have the advantage against the ravens?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 bap1331

bap1331
  • 1556 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Coach pagano knows the defense very well. And I'm sure that he learned the offense well too. Im sure he knows the players inside and out. The only thing the ravens know about is is through Caldwell and Curtis painter and our team is no where near the one last year and 2 years ago...

Not to say it is an easy game, it will be very challenging and i am lookiing forward to it. :)

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

It could help, but no amount of inside info will help if their defense executes. I'd bargain to say that any advantage that we may have could be negated if their defense plays like they are capable of.

#3 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9069 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Whatever happens........ happens

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#4 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1769 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Not sure how much this will end up mattering, but while we're at it, don't forget that Arians was the OC for Pittsburgh.

#5 bap1331

bap1331
  • 1556 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Not sure how much this will end up mattering, but while we're at it, don't forget that Arians was the OC for Pittsburgh.

oh wowwww...yes that definitely helps more...lol

cant wait til the game on Sunday!

#6 Andy

Andy
  • 8601 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

They have coaches too. They will most likely play more different schemes and have different formations.

History tells me that, and it's just logic.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#7 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7100 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Colts have to execute but having Pagano who knows them quite well and Arians who knows how to attack them well.....yeah it does help IMO. You can't say it doesn't.

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#8 Bogie

Bogie
  • 1723 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

ANother advantage is Luck vs Flacco. Joe Flacco is garbage. Just watch him stand in the pocket, absolutely zero pocket awareness whatsoever. he's going to get pounded by this defense.

okv09w.jpg

#9 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13275 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Pagano and Arians both know them well.  However, lots will change year to year.  It could be an advantage, but we shouldn't rely on their history.  We should base our gameplan more on this year's game film

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#10 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13135 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Colts have to execute but having Pagano who knows them quite well and Arians who knows how to attack them well.....yeah it does help IMO. You can't say it doesn't.

Arians played the Ravens to a draw while he was the coordinator there. Neither team had a significant advantage. 

Sure, our coaches will be familiar with their defensive schemes, but I think adjustments and execution will have a lot more to do with what happens on Sunday.

LET'S HUNT

#11 Thewholefnshow28

Thewholefnshow28
  • 2032 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

This stuff is pretty overrated. This is the NFL and they have tape on every single player and team. The Ravens have an entire year of tape on our offense and defense just like we on them. Sure Pagano may know a few things that the tape might not say, but the advantage some people think this will give us is very overstated.<br /><br />
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back." - Oscar Wilde

#12 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2530 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Doesn't that also mean that the Ravens have an idea how the Colts would like to attack as well. 

This is much ado about nothing.  Execution is how a team will win this game.  Not because of some inside knowledge.

#13 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9069 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Forget Advantages & Disadvantages. Let's go out play Smart & Physical Football. Let's fire on all Cylinders like we did last week but this time let's play better than that. Each week we should play better than the last. Let's go get this W Fellas

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#14 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2607 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

I do not dismiss the idea of having inside knowledge as being trivial.  I have heard many a Tampa Bay Bucs player mention on radio interviews (WDAE) how Gruden prepped their D for the Oakland offensive schemes and formations in the Super Bowl.  They said that almost every play, Gruden was yelling out (code words) the play the Raiders were going to run and their D knew it as well, and made D adjustments to better stop it.

Rich Gannon and the high powered Oakland offense threw 5 interceptions, 3 returned for TD's.  OTOH, Baltimore knows Arians tendencies too.  So I agree, execution is still key.  But some inside knowledge may not be bad...

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#15 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3480 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

How can having Jim Caldwell as their OC not be an advantage to us?

#16 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3198 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Coach pagano knows the defense very well. And I'm sure that he learned the offense well too. Im sure he knows the players inside and out. The only thing the ravens know about is is through Caldwell and Curtis painter and our team is no where near the one last year and 2 years ago...

Not to say it is an easy game, it will be very challenging and i am lookiing forward to it. :)

We match up extremely well against the ravens.

1. We have been stopping the Run, and Rice has been in a slump

2. They have no really big physical receivers, and those receivers are the ones that have been beating our secondary, Vontae Davis should dominate whoever he is placed on.

3. Joe Flacco is not a great QB. He is easily confused and our D matches up well against him.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#17 jerrylogan

jerrylogan
  • Rookie
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

ANother advantage is Luck vs Flacco. Joe Flacco is garbage. Just watch him stand in the pocket, absolutely zero pocket awareness whatsoever. he's going to get pounded by this defense.

Flacco is garbage? Is he elite like Manning,  Brady, Brees, Rogers? No he isn't. But he outplayed Brady in the AFC championship game and is one dropped pass away from being in the Super Bowl. He is the 12th ranked passer in the league. He is upper middle of the pack for quarterbacks. Not garbage. http://espn.go.com/n...12/seasontype/2

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates