Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coltsguy510's Colts Mock Draft

That's because in the cases of Minnifield and Dennard, both had a something come up before the draft that killed their stock. Minnifield had a knee injury and Dennard had some off the field issues. Johnson was always pegged as a mid 2nd round guy, and he went in the early third. 

As for Poyer, many are projecting that he goes in the 2nd round, which is about right. He's very solid. Of course he could slide because of a combine or off the field issue, but right now, he's being pegged as a 2nd round guy, so based on that, it seems unlikely that he falls to the late 3rd round. 

psst...you're right about Minnifield and Dennard, but way off on Johnson. Leonard Johnson was projected as a 5th-6th round pick but wound up being signed as an UDFA by Tampa. ;)

Cooper is better porjected in teh NFL as a center, than he is as a guard. Reason? Cooper's too small. Unless he can add 25 pounds in the next 7 months, is won't fit very well as a guard in a man blocking scheme (this is contigent on the accuracy of ESPN's player profile page). O-line alawys needs versatility. Reason? Injuries are unpredictable. Meaning, having a guy who can switch over to any other position of the line is essentially an added benefit. You talk about McGlynn? McGlynn sucks as a guard as much as he sucks as a center. The dude is gonna be on the practice squad next year (god willing).

With Jones, you can decide where you want him to play considering OT is as much of a concern as OG is. Is Cooper a better Guard? Questionable, depends who you ask. According to Walter Football, he isn't. According to Kiper/McShay, he seems to be. So at the end of the day, it's a matter of choice and opinion. And the only opinion that counts is Grigson's. You prefer Cooper. I prefer Jones. Let's end it at that.

Walterfootball....really? I haven't seen one reputable site that has jones ranked ahead of cooper. Scouts Inc has cooper at 320lbs by the way

Cooper is better porjected in teh NFL as a center, than he is as a guard. Reason? Cooper's too small. Unless he can add 25 pounds in the next 7 months, is won't fit very well as a guard in a man blocking scheme (this is contigent on the accuracy of ESPN's player profile page). O-line alawys needs versatility. Reason? Injuries are unpredictable. Meaning, having a guy who can switch over to any other position of the line is essentially an added benefit. You talk about McGlynn? McGlynn sucks as a guard as much as he sucks as a center. The dude is gonna be on the practice squad next year (god willing).

With Jones, you can decide where you want him to play considering OT is as much of a concern as OG is. Is Cooper a better Guard? Questionable, depends who you ask. According to Walter Football, he isn't. According to Kiper/McShay, he seems to be. So at the end of the day, it's a matter of choice and opinion. And the only opinion that counts is Grigson's. You prefer Cooper. I prefer Jones. Let's end it at that.

Couple of things, and let's end it here, because you won't budge, and neither will I.

My first thing is the Colts have versatility, they just need a couple of extra bodies. 

Cooper fits in well here, and will probably add on more muscle in the offseason. He's not too small for the position. Mankins is only an inch and 10 pounds bigger than him.

Walter Football is a joke. All the real experts project Cooper as the better prospect.

McGlynn can't be on the PS.

You can have the last word if you want, but this is my last post in this thread regarding Jones and Cooper. 

Couple of things, and let's end it here, because you won't budge, and neither will I.

My first thing is the Colts have versatility, they just need a couple of extra bodies. 

Cooper fits in well here, and will probably add on more muscle in the offseason. He's not too small for the position. Mankins is only an inch and 10 pounds bigger than him.

Walter Football is a joke. All the real experts project Cooper as the better prospect.

You can have the last word if you want, but this is my last post in this thread regarding Jones and Cooper. 

If cooper does before the combine, I might change my mind. Until then, Jones is my guy. Also, Colts don't have versatility at all. Versatility means that you can play other position with relative skill and preceision. No one on the colts o-line can do that. They may start at the postion, but they hardly have the skill to play the position they usually start at much rather have the versatility to play another. 

What makes Walterfootball a joke and all the "real experts" any different? and who are these real experts? The only 1 or 2 I really pay alot of attention to is NFL Networks Mayock and maybe Kiper Jr. from ESPN although he lost a little credibility to me when he said that Barrett Jones is a 3rd or 4th round pick thats just insane babble

What makes Walterfootball a joke and all the "real experts" any different? and who are these real experts? The only 1 or 2 I really pay alot of attention to is NFL Networks Mayock and maybe Kiper Jr. from ESPN although he lost a little credibility to me when he said that Barrett Jones is a 3rd or 4th round pick thats just insane babble

Alright, so let's put Walter at the same level as Mayock, Kiper, McShay, Brooks, Casserly, and many more. No thanks.

Well, third round makes more sense than 1st round, imo.

Dude no need to get all p****, I asked a simple question

Wow, if you think I'm ticked off right now, you really can't read people very well.

I'm just trying to point out the fact that Walter is not an expert.

Done with this thread.

How do you figure?

The Colts did lose a significantg number of free agents but they signed a bunch also. So there will be a lot of "canceling out" involved. Plus if Garcon had a huge year , it would have helped us but that time he missed will work against us in the formula they use. Saturday won't get us much nor will the other players that were free agents. I would guess we might net a 6tn out of the whole process. Hope I'm wrong...

ESPN has him at 295. Guess we won't know until the meat market (Combine). If he is at or above 315, then I might change my mind. Until then, Jones is still my pick.

jonathan cooper is 6'3 310 lbs jones is 6'4 305 lbs. jones best position is center even though he's versatile at the college level, he lacks elite strength and quickness to play guard in the nfl. cooper is the better prospect   and og is a bigger need then center. cooper is smooth, coordinated athlete with fluid footwork and outstanding balance and also blocks well on the move getting to the second level. a team like denver or greenbay who needs a center will draft jones in the 1st. if both are available no way grigson passes on cooper for jones, cooper is the better player and og is the weakest position on the team.

jonathan cooper is 6'3 310 lbs jones is 6'4 305 lbs. jones best position is center even though he's versatile at the college level, he lacks elite strength and quickness to play guard in the nfl. cooper is the better prospect   and og is a bigger need then center. cooper is smooth, coordinated athlete with fluid footwork and outstanding balance and also blocks well on the move getting to the second level. a team like denver or greenbay who needs a center will draft jones in the 1st. if both are available no way grigson passes on cooper for jones, cooper is the better player and og is the weakest position on the team.

From what i've read, Cooper is 6'3, 295 pounds and Jones is 6'5, 311 pounds. But we won't know until the Combine or Pro Day. Jones, like I said before, doesn't have Elite strenth, quickness or footwork. All of that is a smidge below Elite. The differnce is made up by his versatility, his leadership and his intelligence, things Cooper doesn't have. The question of Cooper being better or not is rather up for opinion. It depends on the standard you're using to measure. Everyone's is different, hence, everybody's opinion regarding these two is different. 

psst...you're right about Minnifield and Dennard, but way off on Johnson. Leonard Johnson was projected as a 5th-6th round pick but wound up being signed as an UDFA by Tampa. ;)

I just realized, a day later, that I was thinking about Josh Robinson. Leonard Johnson, I had going in the 4th, maybe early 5th.

My bad.

RD 1: Warmack, Cooper, Jones, Matthews, Lotulelei, Jenkins, etc...

(A few teams will take a chance on a random player... QBs or otherwise)

RD 3: Dri Archer, Warford

RD 4: Rambo...Kenon Varner

*Trade up if possible...

FA: Long OT

No way lotulelei falls out of the top 10, i dont think grigson will look to trade up this year as we dont have second or fifth round picks

• 1 month later...