Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need Cincy to win, too

oldunclemark

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is what most people think. I would like to play denver because of the whole Colts vs. Peyton. However I think he will just kick our a**.

The only way we get out of the divisional round would be playing the Patriots. It could snow big time up there and minimizing the strong suite of the Patriots offense. I hate to count on weather to play a factor because it proves we are not the same calibur of team as they are. However, would you really take the Pats running game over our running game?

I know statisically they are probably better, but to me I say were probably pretty even on the running games.

Ok... Umm the snow wouldnt stop the Pats air attack.. Brady has had many many good games in the snow.

Also with BOTH Gronk and hernandez back our running attack be a lot better and Ridley is the best RB on either team.

A snowy day only make the colts ONE demensional not NE or Denver.

Ok... Umm the snow wouldnt stop the Pats air attack.. Brady has had many many good games in the snow.

Also with BOTH Gronk and hernandez back our running attack be a lot better and Ridley is the best RB on either team.

A snowy day only make the colts ONE demensional not NE or Denver.

I agree with you on Brady in the snow, but Peyton doesn't do well in the snow. If Peyton doesn't perform Denver is in trouble.

Experinece is good but wins are better...

I'm surprised at how many people are assuming we'll lose Sunday.

Assuming we defeat Baltimore....you WANT to have that chance for a home game

..and I'd much rather go against a team we know on Jan. 13 than Denver on Jan. 12...

I don't think it matters how well we know the Pats, I don't think we can beat them. I don't think we can beat the Broncos, either, but I'd rather lose to Manning than to Brady.

Before any of that matters, we need to win a playoff game on the road against a pretty good team, which is something we haven't done this year.

I think its obvious you have a better shot at a team you've played..and know

The assumption that we cant beat NE or Denver may be accurate...but it kinda flies in the face of last week's results..

Obvioulsy we need to beat Baltimore for this to matter..that goes without saying..and was assumed in the post

.....but the point (once again) is that for us to have a home AFC title game....

........we need Cincinatti to beat Houston and then Denver..not impossible

....I understand everybody saying it cant happen... but there is an outside chance.

,.....kinda like the chance that a 2-14 team could go 11-5.

I think its obvious you have a better shot at a team you've played..and know

I disagree if that team pounded you by five touchdowns. But I think we're equally outmatched against either the Broncos or the Pats. If you feel more comfortable because we've already seen the Pats, that's fine; I can kind of understand that. I still don't think it matters.

The assumption that we cant beat NE or Denver may be accurate...but it kinda flies in the face of last week's results..

I don't see how that's true. We beat Houston at home, after losing to them on the road. We haven't beat a good team on the road all season long.

Obvioulsy we need to beat Baltimore for this to matter..that goes without saying..and was assumed in the post

.....but the point (once again) is that for us to have a home AFC title game....

........we need Cincinatti to beat Houston and then Denver..not impossible

....I understand everybody saying it cant happen... but there is an outside chance.

,.....kinda like the chance that a 2-14 team could go 11-5.

Yeah, any given Sunday, and all that. I definitely agree with that approach. I'm just embracing the fact that it would be a colossal upset for us to go into either Denver or New England and beat either of those two teams at any point in these playoffs. If it happens, I'll be through the roof, but I'm gonna keep both feet on the ground for now.

The entire season has been a colossal upset, agreed?

'

The 'assumption' was that we would not defeat Houston...and we did..that's the paralell I was drawing...

there is a similar assumption now..We've all been wrong again and again 'keeping both feet on the ground' and saying we were

overmatched.....even when we were. seems like just a quest to be correct

Many here feel we're one-and-done and we've accomplished the goal. I admit I didnt get that memo yet.

Looking at it that way...It seems obvious that we have a better chance to reach the Super Bowl if we play at home (where we agree we are very good)

..and to not play in Denver where there are built-in atmnospheric disadvantges...(plus the AFC's No.1 rated team)

For us to get back home this season, we need Cincinatti to win, too..

Its as crazy as us being 11-5

question colt fans:

IF it is a snowy day which team would you prefer to face? NE or Denver in the snow?

Denver. And for me it isn't even close. Playing in January in the snow, in Foxboro of all places, in the playoffs, does not sound like an ideal situation. On the flip side, I don't remember too many snowy games where Peyton had a huge day passing. Denver all the way.

Mark be honest

You just don't want to see a Manning v Luck match up. That's the feeling I get. The Pats would shred the Colts D and they will be healthier this time than last time(Hernandez back + both our starting guards). 

Anyways it's supposed to be cloudy w/ a little rain in Foxborough next Sun. 

I also wanted the other WC team to lose to increase our odds, hopefully.

Also....olduncle, this Cincy D has been solid but the O has had major issues. That team was in no way going to go all the way to the title game. No way. Denver would have destroyed Dalton IMO. I know they had a tough game in Cincy this year already but Mile High is different. I think it would have been a real low pressure game for Manning vs. Dalton.