Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN's AFC Playoff Questions

Archer

ESPN's 10 Questions about the AFC playoffs had a pessimistic section on the Colts:

• "4. Can the Colts continue to surprise? As inspirational as the Colts have been this season, they're playing at an entirely different level this week. The emotional edge they gained by playing for sidelined coach Chuck Pagano most of the year won't mean as much when their opponents raise their own intensity level in the postseason. Remember, the Colts have only three wins over teams with winning records this season. Their offense also has nine starters who have never appeared in a postseason game, including four rookies. So, although the long-term future looks extremely bright in Indianapolis -- especially with first-year quarterback Andrew Luck growing up so quickly -- this coming weekend might not be nearly as much fun to watch."

That part about the Colts only winning three games against winning opponents stuck in my craw.  After all, there were only six winning teams in the AFC, all of which made the playoffs.  So, that "3 wins against winning teams" has to be true of just about every team in the AFC.  So, I looked at the Pats, and, sure enough, they have the same 3-3 record as the Colts against winning teams.  Colts: wins against Hou, Minn, and GB, losses against HOU, NE, and Chic.  NE: wins against Hou, Indy, and Denver, losses against SF, SEA, and Balt.  Baltimore only seems to have won two games against winning opponents (NE and NYG).  The Ravens lost to Hou, Washington, Denver, and Cincy, leading to a 2-4 record against winning teams.  Wonder why they key on the Colts when it comes to this issue about only beating three winning teams?  Ridiculous!

Yeah, we'll ESPN needs to review their predictions for the Colts since August and see how we'll they've done.

On another disgusting note, when I was driving back from Indy on Monday I switched on Mad Dog radio on Sirius. I'm not sure if it was Russo on the air, but the way he talked about the Colts was completely disrespectful.

He said they used up all their emotion on the game Sunday, and their dancing after the game shows they aren't going any farther. He said we'll get killed by the Ravens. The disdain in his voice made it sound like he lost money on the game.

*Yawns*

Just more Hate & Jealousy being thrown towards us. It's like watching TV these days, nothing but Reruns :bored:

Someone wake me up when they say something NEW.  :sleepy:  They've been doubting us since August. 11-5 sure says a lot about a "Rebuilding" Team. Don't worry, "Rebuilding" Teams predicted to Win 2 games go 11-5 ALL the Time. Yep, that's definitely not surprising to anyone. :sarcasm:

ESPN's 10 Questions about the AFC playoffs had a pessimistic section on the Colts:

• "4. Can the Colts continue to surprise? As inspirational as the Colts have been this season, they're playing at an entirely different level this week. The emotional edge they gained by playing for sidelined coach Chuck Pagano most of the year won't mean as much when their opponents raise their own intensity level in the postseason. Remember, the Colts have only three wins over teams with winning records this season. Their offense also has nine starters who have never appeared in a postseason game, including four rookies. So, although the long-term future looks extremely bright in Indianapolis -- especially with first-year quarterback Andrew Luck growing up so quickly -- this coming weekend might not be nearly as much fun to watch."

That part about the Colts only winning three games against winning opponents stuck in my craw.  After all, there were only six winning teams in the AFC, all of which made the playoffs.  So, that "3 wins against winning teams" has to be true of just about every team in the AFC.  So, I looked at the Pats, and, sure enough, they have the same 3-3 record as the Colts against winning teams.  Colts: wins against Hou, Minn, and GB, losses against HOU, NE, and Chic.  NE: wins against Hou, Indy, and Denver, losses against SF, SEA, and Balt.  Baltimore only seems to have won two games against winning opponents (NE and NYG).  The Ravens lost to Hou, Washington, Denver, and Cincy, leading to a 2-4 record against winning teams.  Wonder why they key on the Colts when it comes to this issue about only beating three winning teams?  Ridiculous!

Heres where the rubber meets the road, How many of those wins was on the road for the Colts? we got whipped in NE, we hung with the Texans in Texas but lost and vs the NFC we did beat GB and MN but both wins were at home, hard earned wins but at home, I think we earned a little respect when we beat GB and the Texans but to earn ALOT of respect you have to be able to win on the road vs elite teams, Teams that are in the playoffs year in and year out and it starts this sunday

Heres where the rubber meets the road, How many of those wins was on the road for the Colts? we got whipped in NE, we hung with the Texans in Texas but lost and vs the NFC we did beat GB and MN but both wins were at home, hard earned wins but at home, I think we earned a little respect when we beat GB and the Texans but to earn ALOT of respect you have to be able to win on the road vs elite teams, Teams that are in the playoffs year in and year out and it starts this sunday

Agree with you on this 100%. On the other hand, it can also be asked what exactly anyone has seen out of Baltimore lately to make them believe that it may not "be fun to watch" this weekend for Colts fans. This team certainly isn't NE, or even the Texans for that matter. I am not saying we will win, but I certainly think we have a good chance to do so. The Ravens have shown little to nothing the past few weeks to make me believe they are going to paste us. While they looked good against the Giants, I am not sure any team can put any stock into beating or losing to a team that so up and down all season. Outside of that game they have looked incredibly ordinary.

We have a better record than Balt.

We have a better record against teams with a winning record than Balt.

We have won 5 of our last 6, including the ousting of the presumed #1 seed

They have lost 4 of their last 5 and needed overtime to beat the Chargers...

They have a lot of key players injured, some will start, but with diminished effectiveness

We just came off of our most complete game of the season...

I'm not saying its a slam dunk or anything, but we got the best match-up we could've hoped for. We have a realistic shot at winning this game, regardless of what the talking heads say....

They have a lot of key players injured, some will start, but with diminished effectiveness

I'm not saying its a slam dunk or anything, but we got the best match-up we could've hoped for. We have a realistic shot at winning this game, regardless of what the talking heads say....

If it was up to me, this would be plastered everywhere. Right on.

Here's a breakdown to show how ridiculous that statement is.

AFC vs teams with winning records:

Broncos: 2-3

- Loss @ Falcons

- Loss vs Texans

- Loss @ Patriots

- Win @ Bengals

- Win @ Ravens

Patriots: 3-3

- Loss @ Ravens

- Win vs Broncos

- Loss @ Seahawks

- Win vs Colts

- win vs Texans

- Loss vs 49ers

Texans: 4-4

- Win @ Broncos

- Loss vs Packers

- Win vs Ravens

- Win @ Bears

- Loss @ Patriots

- Win vs Colts

- Loss vs Vikings

- Loss @ Colts

Ravens: 3-4

- Win vs Bengals 

- Win vs Patriots

- Loss @ Texans

- Loss @ Redskins

- Loss vs Broncos

- Win vs Giants

- Loss @ Bengals

Colts: 3-3

- Loss @ Bears

- Win vs Vikings

- Win vs Packers

- Loss @ Patriots

- Loss @ Texans

- Win vs Texans

Bengals: 3-2

- Loss @ Ravens

- Win @ Redskins

- Loss vs Broncos

- Win vs Giants

- Win vs Ravens

So by this knowledge the Colts are better than the Broncos and equal to the Patriots.. The Bengals are the only team with a winning record against NFL teams WITH winning records.

In conclusion, it is obvious the Bengals will win the AFC.  :thmup:

Yeah, we'll ESPN needs to review their predictions for the Colts since August and see how we'll they've done.

On another disgusting note, when I was driving back from Indy on Monday I switched on Mad Dog radio on Sirius. I'm not sure if it was Russo on the air, but the way he talked about the Colts was completely disrespectful.

He said they used up all their emotion on the game Sunday, and their dancing after the game shows they aren't going any farther. He said we'll get killed by the Ravens. The disdain in his voice made it sound like he lost money on the game.

We've had emotional wins all season.....I think that Russo talk is an uneducated opinion by someone who clearly hasnt been watching the Colts all year...

The Green Bay win wasmore emotional than Houston...and the win at detroit was more dramatic.

We match up with the Ravens

Here's a breakdown to show how ridiculous that statement is.

AFC vs teams with winning records:

Broncos: 2-3

- Loss @ Falcons

- Loss vs Texans

- Loss @ Patriots

- Win @ Bengals

- Win @ Ravens

Patriots: 3-3

- Loss @ Ravens

- Win vs Broncos

- Loss @ Seahawks

- Win vs Colts

- win vs Texans

- Loss vs 49ers

Texans: 4-4

- Win @ Broncos

- Loss vs Packers

- Win vs Ravens

- Win @ Bears

- Loss @ Patriots

- Win vs Colts

- Loss vs Vikings

- Loss @ Colts

Ravens: 3-4

- Win vs Bengals 

- Win vs Patriots

- Loss @ Texans

- Loss @ Redskins

- Loss vs Broncos

- Win vs Giants

- Loss @ Bengals

Colts: 3-3

- Loss @ Bears

- Win vs Vikings

- Win vs Packers

- Loss @ Patriots

- Loss @ Texans

- Win vs Texans

Bengals: 3-2

- Loss @ Ravens

- Win @ Redskins

- Loss vs Broncos

- Win vs Giants

- Win vs Ravens

So by this knowledge the Colts are better than the Broncos and equal to the Patriots.. The Bengals are the only team with a winning record against NFL teams WITH winning records.

In conclusion, it is obvious the Bengals will win the AFC.  :thmup:

It juts seems like national commeneters simply dont want to spend a lot of time THINKING about the Colts so they make simplistic snap judgements...

Its not all Andrew Luck and its not all 'playing for Chuck'

We have some veteran players on defense..and we drafted a strike force offensively

If we win at Baltimore....major eyes will open

Pretty much says it all.  Also add the factor that Luck has been playing much better and more careful the past 3 weeks and you've got a pretty good idea of what's to come this Sunday.  Even with Ray "Lewish" (I'm saying ish, because he's not really 100%) I think the Colts can score enough points to win this game.

All of that got thrown out once Ray Lewis announced Retirement. Smh. Watch they get motivated now and start playing good