Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Anyone Else Feel That Our Chances of Winning Went Down Considerably?

Horseshoe

Im not sure if it's just me but the news of Ray Lewis retiring changes the dynamics of this game for me. That entire team will be motivated, emotionally. We beat Green Bay this season when we had no business doing so because of the emotion. The Ravens are already favored, I will not be surprised at all if our offense gets shut down completely by that defense.

Initially, I had a us winning and being able to go play at Denver/Ne, but now I feel like the only way we win is if Flacco comes and throws picks. Also I feel guilty that I want Ray to go out with a ring, but they play us first so its emotional limbo for me as I wanted us to get atleast one win this year.

Thoughts?

Ps: Typing on a mobile so cant really proof ready, and apologize for the incoherence.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if it's just me but the news of Ray Lewis retiring changes the dynamics of this game for me. That entire team will be motivated, emotionally. We beat Green Bay this season when we had no business doing so because of the emotion. The Ravens are already favored, I will not be surprised at all if our offense gets shut down completely by that defense.

Initially, I had a us winning and being able to go play at Denver/Ne, but now I feel like the only way we win is if Flacco comes and throws picks. Also I feel guilty that I want Ray to go out with a ring, but they play us first so its emotional limbo for me as I wanted us to get atleast one win this year.

Thoughts?

Ps: Typing on a mobile so cant really proof ready, and apologize for the incoherence.

luck has thrown 10 tds and 4 ints against playoff teams this year. I like our chances. Colts are a fighting team and we will climb the wall of emotion and battle a full 60 minutes

lol way to throw up a very meaningless statistic to make ourselves feel better about this game. Remember, Ed Reed shows up in the playoffs, just ask Peyton.

Emotion is a big thing but I feel like if the Ravens were going to be inspired they wouldve been inspired when it was rumoured Lewis would retired after he got hurt initially...and they simply weren't. I think this game is going to be a fight....pretty nasty but I think both teams will be on emotional highs.

lol way to throw up a very meaningless statistic to make ourselves feel better about this game. Remember, Ed Reed shows up in the playoffs, just ask Peyton.

as long as luck shows up we will be fine but if he has one of those 3 int games it will be over quick

The Colts just lose the motivation factor, which is a big reason why they won the Packers game.

This should be a great game, and I really won't be upset how it goes. I'm hoping and praying the Colts win, but if there's one team they should lose to, it would probably be the Ravens, considering it's his last year. 

I would say Pagano probably has a little knowledge about the Ravens defense that he can give Luck.

Not my point, im talking about how you become familiar with a team from repetitively seeing them twice every year. They've seen Arians offense quite a few times, while it will be Lucks first time playin that defense and a ballhawk like Ed Reed.

AROUND THE LEAGUE

Ray Lewis' statement to media on his retirement

"I talked to my team today and I talked to them about life in general. Everything that starts has an end. It's just life.

"For me, today, I told my team that this would be my last ride. I told them I just felt so much peace in where I am with my decision because of everything I've done in this league. I've done it, man. There's no accolade that I don't have individually but I've never played the game for individual stats. I've only played the game to make my team be a better team.

"Now, God is calling. God is calling in so many other areas of life and my children have made the ultimate sacrifice for their father, the ultimate for 17 years. Whether it's jump on the plane, jump right back, go to school, and I don't want to see them do no more. I've done what I wanted to do in this business and now, it's my turn to give them back something. It's either hold onto the game or keep playing or let my kids miss out on times we could be sharing together. I promised my son if he got a full-ride scholarship, Daddy was going to be there. I can't miss that. I don't know if I could sit in a meeting room and fight with that war.

"One of the hardest things in the world is to walk away from my teammates because that's my brotherhood, the only thing that I ever played for is to be right there and to raise Ed and to be with Sizzle for so long and to sit next to him. We're so much on the same path. Does that part hurt? Absolutely. You can never rebuild those bonds. Those bonds are forever. But the chapter is huge for me to now step into other areas of life.

"I may be gone now. But I ain't gone forever. I'm just going in another phase of life. I think my fans, I think my city, they deserve it. They deserve that whenever this road stops, for me not just to walk away and be like, 'I'm done.' I think we all get to enjoy what Sunday will feel like knowing that this will be the last time 52 plays in a uniform in Ravens' stadium."

. Man cant wait

one dropped pass away from superbowl last season. Never counting any team Ray Lewis leads out. Especially any team thats playing with emotion.

Peyton wasnt playing last year. The broncos crushed the ravens in Baltimore just a couple of weeks ago. And last i checked ray lewis doesn't play on offense

Ravens have won 20 of 21 of the last home games Lewis has played in.

I do think our D can hold their Offense to 20 or less.

But Andrew stares down his receivers and plays better when the crowd is quiet for him. lol

But if we are close in the 4th Quarter, hahaha! I like our chances. ;)

I am definitely worried about Luck going into Baltimore for his first playoff game and they will definitely have the emotional scales tipped into their favor. The Colts will have to weather that and keep their cool. We cannot turn the ball over like we have most of this season and expect to pull it out on the road in the end.

I thought this was going to be a tough game to win in the first place. I have faith in Luck that he will keep cool, but guys like Hilton and Ballard I am a bit worried about.

I am sure Pagano will have our guys prepared and it will be one hell of a game either way.

My first thought was "well they're not losing this one on a count of Ray".

That said though; emotion is a funny thing and could swing things either way really. It could hurt them too if they come out TOO fired up.

Yeah.  If they come out too aggressive, Luck could get them with the hard count like he did against the Texans.  But I think Ray will keep them in check.  Our chances have gone down considerably, but I think we have a good chance of winning.  Before this news, there was little doubt in my mind that we would win.  Now, I could see it coming down to the last possession

Ray is their motivation.

Chuck is ours.

Colts come out with the W.

Sorry Ray.

Dont see it happening tbh. m&t is going to be rocking. We struggle on the road with bottom tier teams like KC, dont see us playing well at all. Our O line is still horrible, their D line is one of the best in the league. Pressure will force the turn overs imo

Amongst all this debate about emotional response, a lot of you seem to be forgetting that these players are also professional athletes.

Although the emotional factors concering Chuck and Ray in these situations (for both teams, respectively) will play its part, intelligectual and physical superiority will still primarily be the determining factor.

Yeah. If they come out too aggressive, Luck could get them with the hard count like he did against the Texans.

i disagree with the hard count part completely. We are not gonna get any hard counts there, that place is 2nd only to seattle. Ray was laughing about it earlier this year about how he didnt mind road games cuz he didnt have to yell at teammates on the sidelines. Forget the hard count, i wouldn't be surprised if Luck is preparing the Silent count this week.

Amongst all this debate about emotional response, a lot of you seem to be forgetting that these players are also professional athletes.

Although the emotional factors concering Chuck and Ray in these situations (for both teams, respectively) will play its part, intelligectual and physical superiority will still primarily be the determining factor.

physical superiority? and they have us in that department too.....

Thoughts?

If the Rat Birds can't get motivated for playoffs, but need this to give them some artifical motivaton to play, they are beat already; but then again with heir season end slump, maybe Ray Lewis thinks they are that desperate.