Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Note sure I've seen Burkhead's name listed as a high possible draft pick.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I sure don't recall it.     I've kept an eye on him because Stanford recruited him heavily.

Who knows....   maybe he slips to a lower round and the Cols stumble into him?     Stranger things have happened.

Depending on what we do with Brown and Carter, RB might not be a position of need.  Burkhead is also considered one of the better RB prospects, so he would take a higher round pick.  I'd rather see us spend that high round pick on a position like OL

he isn't rated that high, probably around the 5th round. i really like him, but he is a gamble with the injuries he's had although they haven't been serious. i would definitely take a chance on him with a late pick!

he isn't rated that high, probably around the 5th round. i really like him, but he is a gamble with the injuries he's had although they haven't been serious. i would definitely take a chance on him with a late pick!

If he is there as a late pick, I wouldn't mind us looking at him.  I just did a little reading on him and it had said that he is one of the top RB prospects, so I assumed he would be taken in the first three rounds

i just want to say i have been a huskers football fan since 1971. burkhead is the only player on the team that i really like in the nfl this draft. i really like their wr's feel they would be great late round picks, but they are underclassmen. i feel bad for them because they have an absolutely terrible qb throwing the ball (despite what tv announcers say during games) and i am sure it will be the same next year. they could be nice late round finds in future years. i was hoping the colts would draft lavonte david (i REALLY liked him and he is the 8th leading tackler in the nfl), and in later rounds safeties eric hagg and dejon gomes (both on nfl teams and a position the colts need help at along with special teams).

i just want to say i have been a huskers football fan since 1971. burkhead is the only player on the team that i really like in the nfl this draft. i really like their wr's feel they would be great late round picks, but they are underclassmen. i feel bad for them because they have an absolutely terrible qb throwing the ball (despite what tv announcers say during games) and i am sure it will be the same next year. they could be nice late round finds in future years. i was hoping the colts would draft lavonte david (i REALLY liked him and he is the 8th leading tackler in the nfl), and in later rounds safeties eric hagg and dejon gomes (both on nfl teams and a position the colts need help at along with special teams).

i like Baker Steinkuhler(sp?) as well

i like Baker Steinkuhler(sp?) as well

i don't. he only looked ok when jared crick was playing next to him. i didn't think crick was as good as people were saying for the same reason, he was much better playing next to suh. as a colts fan i was hoping suh came out as a junior and the colts could get him late in the 1st, as a husker fan i wanted him to stay. he was by far the most dominant defensive lineman i have ever seen in college football!

i don't. he only looked ok when jared crick was playing next to him. i didn't think crick was as good as people were saying for the same reason, he was much better playing next to suh. as a colts fan i was hoping suh came out as a junior and the colts could get him late in the 1st, as a husker fan i wanted him to stay. he was by far the most dominant defensive lineman i have ever seen in college football!

thanks