Photo

Ray Lewis to retIre at seasons end [Merge]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Heard on Cowherd that he told his Ravens teammates that this is his last year and that he will be retiring.

Will add some inspiration to their team for the playoffs.

Great player, great leader.  Truly one of the best ever.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13720 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

He told the ravens this will be his last ride.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#3 House

House
  • 6972 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Heard on Cowherd that he told his Ravens teammates that this is his last year and that he will be retiring.

Will add some inspiration to their team for the playoffs.

Great player, great leader. Truly one of the best ever.

Same thought I just had.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#4 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Heard from some1 in the room that Ray Lewis talked about playing for each other, the bond, then just dropped the retirement news on the team

Ray Lewis told the team today "this will be my last ride."

Ray Lewis: Everything I've done to this point is to make a run at another Lombardi

#5 tfunky14

tfunky14
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

A wave emotion at the start of this game, will need to hang tough till it settles

#6 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11671 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yep, it's all over NFL Network right now
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#7 terpsnation

terpsnation
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

A wave emotion at the start of this game, will need to hang tough till it settles

I have a feeling there will be a wave of emotion throughout the playoffs as long as the Ravens stay in it.  Ray Lewis fires up the Ravens on regular season games.  Imagine what he will do with the team when it could be his last game ever.

#8 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2431 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

This would be a bigger deal if Ray had much left in the tank.

They're old and beat up, can't talk your way out of that.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#9 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

This would be a bigger deal if Ray had much left in the tank.

They're old and beat up, can't talk your way out of that.

That is true, but it is certainly going to add fuel to everyone else's fire. 

#10 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Text from one observer on how Ray Lewis delivered the news to the team: "Unreal. Very inspiring. There's no one like him, man."

Ray Rice: "Baltimore is Ray Lewis."

#11 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I bet the networks might have changed their schedule of games if this were known.  Just another bullet point to the story line.

#12 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2916 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

will this news fire up the ravens d to create lots of turnovers versus colts or will luck school the ravens secondary like manning

#13 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2916 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

he did that to counter the chuck emotion we have now we might be in trouble lol

#14 Andy

Andy
  • 8926 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Sad to hear. Ray has been one of the most inspirational people in the history of sports, and one of the greatest competitors you'll ever find.

You'll never find another guy like him.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#15 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17159 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Wow

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#16 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

It's a sad day for football..truly one of the greats..and its a sad day for all Colts fans also because the Ravens D will be more fired up than you can ever imagine..

lord please don't let Luck leave the field on a stretcher..

#17 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15400 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Ray is a great guy on and off the field.  It's unfortunate that he is retiring, but all players must retire at some point.  You want to see him back on the sidelines as a coach, but he does so much off the field that he might take a different path, and that's cool.  Personally, I can't wait to hear his HOF speech.

As for how this impacts our team, I think the Ravens game is going to be a lot closer now.  Before, I was expecting a Colts win by a decent margin.  Now, it might come down to a field goal.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#18 PatMcAfeeFan

PatMcAfeeFan
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Win or lose expect a long emotional hug between Chuck and Ray at the end of the game. 

"Everyone just drink the kool-aid n leap n2 the blue waterfalls of faith...automatic 4the people..the smoker u drink,the player u get!"-Jim Irsay

#19 BayAreaBronco

BayAreaBronco
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Wow. I will actually miss him.

#20 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1115 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

No surprise.  It had been strongly hinted at earlier in the season that Ray desired to be able to closely follow his son's college career and go to all of the games so it was likely that this was his last hurrah.

It'll be interesting to see if that defense will be able to muster a brief return to glory before that team fizzles out under the misguidance of one Joe Flacco.  Not looking good with all the injuries they've had, though.

#21 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5748 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Personally, I can't wait to hear his HOF speech.

I cannot wait either. It WILL be amazing.

#22 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I cannot wait either. It WILL be amazing.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Text from one observer on how Ray Lewis delivered the news to the team: "Unreal. Very inspiring. There's no one like him, man."

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens

end of an era of one of the most dynamic & inspiring players ever

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#23 -JJ-

-JJ-
  • Forum Moderator
  • 2785 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

hmm..what a great analyzer for TV he would be...at least defensively. He's pretty smart on that stuff. 

#24 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13839 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ray is a great guy on and off the field.  It's unfortunate that he is retiring, but all players must retire at some point.  You want to see him back on the sidelines as a coach, but he does so much off the field that he might take a different path, and that's cool.  Personally, I can't wait to hear his HOF speech.

As for how this impacts our team, I think the Ravens game is going to be a lot closer now.  Before, I was expecting a Colts win by a decent margin.  Now, it might come down to a field goal.

end of an era of one of the most dynamic & inspiring players ever

Wow. I will actually miss him.

I ran out of likes everybody. Well said everyone! 5 thumbs up... :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#25 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13839 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

hmm..what a great analyzer for TV he would be...at least defensively. He's pretty smart on that stuff. 

Yes, Ray Lewis would be spectacular on TV analyzing formations etc JJ & so would Jeff Saturday too IMHO.

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#26 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I ran out of likes everybody. Well said everyone! 5 thumbs up... :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  

HURTS WATCHING

#27 IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Jon Gruden: The master of disaster, 15 years he has been lighting people up over the middle.

Raw Lewis speeches were bone chilling!

Check these out:

47RXFv1.png

#28 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13839 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Jon Gruden: The master of disaster, 15 years he has been lighting people up over the middle.

Raw Lewis speeches were bone chilling!

Check these out:

"Ticked off for Greatness"...What is your legacy gonna be?...Crying after his last shot at another SB...I would run through fire for this man, I would run through a wall for this man, I would run through traffic for this man...Why? Ray Lewis makes you believe in destiny...It is unavoidable, it is undeniable, it is the natural order of things...I will miss his passion for unity, cohesion, brotherhood, & perfection on Game Day.  :rawr:

#29 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13839 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

HURTS WATCHING

Yes, it does Barry. Yes, it does my friend. :D How will Ray be remembered? A great team mate, A great LB, A great mentor, A great family man, & A great NFL ambassador...Good Luck & God Bless Ray Lewis! :thmup:

#30 IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

We got to see some great linebackers these last decade..

Ray Lewis

Brian Urlacher

Junior Seau 

47RXFv1.png

#31 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yes, it does Barry. Yes, it does my friend. :D How will Ray be remembered? A great team mate, A great LB, A great mentor, A great family man, & A great NFL ambassador...Good Luck & God Bless Ray Lewis! :thmup:

as a shining light to all that aspire greatness

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates