Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Reid interviewing with KC, flying to AZ

ColtsBlueFL

Chris Mortensen just reported A. Reid is interviewing in Philly with KC officials, and will fly to Arizona tonight.  Reid has made QB's look better than they probably really were, I wonder if he could it in KC or AZ?

He's a good coach. I think he could improve Brady Quinn's game in Kansas City, and Kolb has previous experience in Reid's version of the WCO. Kolb was lost in Whisenhunt's offense and I didn't see the skill set to run it. Kolb should look much better if Reid is his coach.

That is one of the beauties of the WCO, it often amplifies a quarterback, and it's much easier for a replacement to come in and run compared to some other schemes. 

Why did Andy Reid agree to go to Kansas City? That team is like the Cleveland Browns of the NFC. High drafts picks every year, a rich organizational history in the NFL, & a constant disappointment.

It really boils down to who Andy selects as his DC. Is Romeo Crennel going to agree to stay on teaching the defense? Romeo was darn good serving in that capacity in NE.

A horrible move for Andy Reid IMO. I don't like this fit at all. If he chooses the wrong DC candidate, Andy will be fired in 4 years...

The only thing that might save Andy Reid's caboose in KC is if Mike Nolan doesn't get a HC job & he agrees to join Reid's coaching staff for a lucrative salary as a DC. Beyond that, I don't see too many other Jim Johnson  masterminds out there right now. 

I don't think the Cards should have fired Whisenhunt. Watch that defense drastically regress now. They went from being a QB away from a playoff team to now a total disaster. Go ahead and hire a washed up Ried who made his offensive line coach a defensive coordinator back in Philly.

Has any coach ever had moderate success with one team over a prolonged period of time like Reid, then went to another team and had success there?

I'm not that big a Reid fan to begin with, but I think it's going to be difficult for him to live up to expectations anywhere else. Especially if he goes and takes over all football operations in KC like he did in Philly. I don't believe in that kind of structure in the NFL.