per Sportscenter:

MOST YARDS FROM SCRIMMAGE BY ROOKIES

since AFL-NFL merger

2012 Colts - 3,108

1999 Colts - 2,751

1974 Chargers - 2,729

1983 Rams - 2,699

Discuss.

You'll have that when you only have three none rookies at the skill positions (and one of them is now on IR) that saw major playing time during the season :)

Just more proof about how great of a draft class Grigson had and how unreal this year has been. 

Edge had 2139 of those yards in 99.  Wilkins 565.  So two guys had only a few hundred less than Luck (rushing?), Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Brazill and Ballard.  As good as this draft class was and is, those numbers remind me how great Edge was. 

Edge was unbelievable prior to his knee injury. I still remember my negative reaction when Polian took him over williams, and then that quickly going away once Edge hit the field.

The sheer volume of production from multiple members of this years class is crazy.

You'll have that when you only have three none rookies at the skill positions (and one of them is now on IR) that saw major playing time during the season :).

Just more proof about how great of a draft class Grigson had and how unreal this year has been.

Wait.... what Rookie is on IR???

I'm slightly confused by this. Didn't Andrew Luck throw for 4k?

Yards from scrimmage are the sum of receiving & rushing.

Makes the record all that more impressive when u add in a rookie QB throwing the ball....