Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bavanlan

Interesting Stat: Rookie Yards from Scrimmage

14 posts in this topic

per Sportscenter:

MOST YARDS FROM SCRIMMAGE BY ROOKIES

since AFL-NFL merger

2012 Colts - 3,108

1999 Colts - 2,751

1974 Chargers - 2,729

1983 Rams - 2,699

Discuss.

per Sportscenter:

MOST YARDS FROM SCRIMMAGE BY ROOKIES

since AFL-NFL merger

2012 Colts - 3,108

1999 Colts - 2,751

1974 Chargers - 2,729

1983 Rams - 2,699

Discuss.

You'll have that when you only have three none rookies at the skill positions (and one of them is now on IR) that saw major playing time during the season :)

Just more proof about how great of a draft class Grigson had and how unreal this year has been. 

1 person likes this

Edge had 2139 of those yards in 99.  Wilkins 565.  So two guys had only a few hundred less than Luck (rushing?), Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Brazill and Ballard.  As good as this draft class was and is, those numbers remind me how great Edge was. 

Edge had 2139 of those yards in 99.  Wilkins 565.  So two guys had only a few hundred less than Luck (rushing?), Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Brazill and Ballard.  As good as this draft class was and is, those numbers remind me how great Edge was. 

Edge was unbelievable prior to his knee injury. I still remember my negative reaction when Polian took him over williams, and then that quickly going away once Edge hit the field.

The sheer volume of production from multiple members of this years class is crazy.

2 people like this

You'll have that when you only have three none rookies at the skill positions (and one of them is now on IR) that saw major playing time during the season :).

Just more proof about how great of a draft class Grigson had and how unreal this year has been.

Wait.... what Rookie is on IR???

Wait.... what Rookie is on IR???

Non rookie. He is taking about Collie

Non rookie. He is taking about Collie

i meant brown I just didn't cont collie because he only played in one game so I don't think he really saw significant time.

I'm slightly confused by this. Didn't Andrew Luck throw for 4k?

Rushing and receiving yards from Luck, Ballard, Allen, Fleener, Hilton, Brazill, Dominique Jones (8) and Nathan Palmer (-4) equal 3108. 

Yards from scrimmage are the sum of receiving & rushing.

That makes sense. Thanks for educating me on that term.

1 person likes this

Makes the record all that more impressive when u add in a rookie QB throwing the ball....

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm actually happy about it. I normally can't watch games live because I have to be at work at 1pm on Sundays. I will be able to watch almost all of it
    • A great post Restored! Thank you for your insightful perspective. 
    • Intro: What is it like to play in London? The Colts have a couple of players who have experienced playing overseas. View the full article
    • 14.30 for me too, I hope I don't sleep in, lol.   It's probably better it's on early in the morning for ye guys though. The 4.25pm kickoffs like against the Broncos and Chargers last 2 weeks are at 9.25pm across the ocean here, which means were up until about 1am on a work night. Say like last year against the Patriots in the night time kickoff, I stayed up from 1.30am to about 4.30-5.00 (ish), and then we saw that fake punt fail, I was not in a good mood Monday morning.     Honestly though, I've been a Colts fan for about 12 years. This is the first time I am getting an opportunity to see my team, so obviously hugely, hugely excited about Sunday!   Just want to wish everybody flying over a safe and happy trip. (Granted the latter may depend on the result, lol)
    • Thank you for your post OPC, particularly what I highlighted in red. You're right though. Luck's early success in the league getting 1 step further every yr. minus DeFlate Gate has created an aura of playoff expectations that may not be easily achieved every season. Also, I like what you said about the fact that we all have habits good or bad that we will never change. The same is true of QBs. Some QBs are risk takers & with risks come both touchdowns & turnovers.    I always cut Chewy a ton of slack because I know our running game isn't great & he always owns his picks saying "my fault". That's why I love the guy because he always takes responsibility on bad decision making himself even if the turnover isn't really his fault.    I agree with you. Luck is just starting his NFL career & we as fans have to let the game come to him on his own timetable not what we or the media think his awareness level in yr 5. Like you say, Andrew has more football ahead of him than behind him. Well said. 
  • Welcome New Members

• Hi, Nils here....   I know a lot of Europeans support the Patriots, but all I can say is no way man, no way!   I'm not entirely sure when I started to follow and cheer for the Colts, but I has no shame in admitting that it was when Manning begun to really shine. It was probably back in 1999 because I seem to remember that play-off game against the Titans.   I also remember the I loved how the Colts would play a beautiful offensive game whereas other teams were boring with their defensive strengths. Aaaahh, those were the days!   I was introduced to American Football during my American Politics/presidential election study in Washington D.C. in the fall of 1996 (Clinton vs Dole). Didn't really get attached to any team back then, so you can say that Redskins just left me totally uninspired.   It is a great and welcoming forum here - and that is just how I remembered America too.    
  • Members

• NorthernBlue

NorthernBlue 464

• GoatBeard

GoatBeard 110

• ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL 2,672

Moderators
    • Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Gabriel Alexander Morillo 1,096

• Solon

Solon 242

• snkdy

snkdy 797

• IndyTrav

IndyTrav 729

• bababooey

bababooey 1,386

• KB

KB 9

• CR91

CR91 4,264

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.