Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Better O Line - 2010 or 2012?

Smonroe

Peyton makes any line better, I don't think anyone can doubt that. I think he would have had a better year with this line than 10.I and many more disagree, that Manning would do better behind the 2012 line than he did behind the 2010line,But I love how you have changed it around with the "Peyton makes any line better" thing, to try to disguise your original argument. I'm just thankful Peyton didn't have to play behind this line, for I feel he may have got his neck and head both, torn completely off and career ended.

That's your opinion, you're welcome to it. I disagree. You've made it clear you don't respect my opinion. There's no need to get hostile.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The firs SB O line was a very good one. The one against NO was pesdestrian.

Yes it was. It didn't start going down hill until Glenn retired after we won the SB. (2007 onward was a slippery slope of losing all our good O-linemen) 

That's why I said Manning's lines sucked in his later years here. We had some pretty good ones (AND a running game mind you) between 2001-2006.

I remember it, because I was one of the people making those threads.

Just like 2012...2011....2009...2008...

Oh yeah. The line wasn't ignored in the draft, just some bad luck. And we could never afford a decent FA.

09 was below average, 10 was horrific. I don't think it would have mattered much in 11, but I actually thought it was better than 10. Just horrible QB play.

We've got a decent LT to build around now.

We'll never know. Like I said earlier, this is a different O. If Luck could survive, given how long he holds the ball with the down field game, I think Peyton would have done fine.

Am I the only one that remembers all the "The O Line Stinks" threads that we had every week in 10?

You're right. we'll never know. I do remember how bad our  OL has been. I have never said they were good. My argument has been that this line was better than 2010.

I think we all agree that we need to address this this year. Hopefully we're not arguing how bad our oline was next year at this time.

Brown turd = green turd.

We can run block a bit better now, and also have better backs. The pass sieve... I mean "protection" remains atrocious.

Luck is a beast, that's for sure. Andrew didn't get bent out of shape despite the whooping he took all season. I didn't think any QB could survive behind our line besides #18.

Agreed.....and neither edition is worth arguing over that's for dang sure. ;)

The Colts O-line has been a weakness for several years and remains such....with Manning, and now Luck at times having to use every last brain cell or physical gift they have just to stay alive.

Both lines had a few decent moments....but most were shaky and some were downright whalecrap ugly.

Hopefully Grigson can succeed in addressing it with a chunk of that cap space we have and a solid draft, and the coaches can max out their talent.

You're right. we'll never know. I do remember how bad our  OL has been. I have never said they were good. My argument has been that this line was better than 2010.

I think we all agree that we need to address this this year. Hopefully we're not arguing how bad our oline was next year at this time.

I agree. I think Polian tried to improve through the draft because we didn't have the cap space for decent FAs. Except for Castonzo I think I counted 7 picks that didn't work out. Including 3 number 2 picks. That's killer.

Grigs should have the money to get some decent guys in here.

I agree. I think Polian tried to improve through the draft because we didn't have the cap space for decent FAs. Except for Castonzo I think I counted 7 picks that didn't work out. Including 3 number 2 picks. That's killer.

Grigs should have the money to get some decent guys in here.

Could be said that Ugoh was as 1 as he cost the following year's #1 plus a late rounder in the draft he was taken in. Polian also signed a few lower teir guys that had injury issues. I'm not going to bother to look them up , but they never saw the field. I think maybe Terry(?) was one of them. As far as free agents , tough to get a LT and move Costanzo to RT. The Miami guy will get a fortune and some think he peaked at 28. I think we will sign a TR and or a guard.

Could be said that Ugoh was as 1 as he cost the following year's #1 plus a late rounder in the draft he was taken in. Polian also signed a few lower teir guys that had injury issues. I'm not going to bother to look them up , but they never saw the field. I think maybe Terry(?) was one of them. As far as free agents , tough to get a LT and move Costanzo to RT. The Miami guy will get a fortune and some think he peaked at 28. I think we will sign a TR and or a guard.

Yeah, no way we get Long. There will be a lot of teams wanting FAs, we may have more money and a brighter future to lure them away.