Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Colts schedule

chad hugo

Home: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins

Away: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Cincinnati Bengals

Seems like a fairly easy schedule to me except for maybe playing san francisco on the road and playing denver at home. Can't wait for peyton to come back and play in indy, hope he gets a standing ovation! 

For the entire schedule 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119761/article/opponents-set-for-2013-nfl-season

Home: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins

Away: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Cincinnati Bengals

Seems like a fairly easy schedule to me except for maybe playing san francisco on the road and playing denver at home. Can't wait for peyton to come back and play in indy, hope he gets a standing ovation!

For the entire schedule

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119761/article/opponents-set-for-2013-nfl-season

That by no means is an easy schedule. We play 5 playoff teams (houston twice) and the rams? Who I believe will go 11and 5 next year. (7-8-1 this year)

So to me we can go 10 and 6

That by no means is an easy schedule. We play 5 playoff teams (houston twice) and the rams? Who I believe will go 11and 5 next year. (7-8-1 this year)

So to me we can go 10 and 6

I think 12-4. If we can pick up really good talent just using rookies, we can by far pick up alot of talent this offseason too. Were looking at a very solid team next year, the only think we have to worry about is Andrew Luck's sophmore slump...

I see our guys will have to travel out west quite a bit. Do the schedulers ever schedule the far away games (like San Fran and San Diego) back to back or do they try to spread the travel out over the season?

well we have a strange year because we are playing both western divisions. We caught a break though based on past rotations we were due to go back to Seattle but for whatever reason they swapped that road trip with the cardinals.

well we have a strange year because we are playing both western divisions. We caught a break though based on past rotations we were due to go back to Seattle but for whatever reason they swapped that road trip with the cardinals.

I didn't look up where we last played Seattle but I did find this. Looks like you don't play SF and Seattle both on the road if you also play the AFC West.

Under the original 2002 formula, half of the teams scheduled to play all the AFC West clubs had to travel to both Oakland and San Diego in the same season, while half of the clubs playing the NFC West had to make their way to both San Francisco and Seattle. In years in which a division was scheduled to play both AFC and NFC West clubs, two clubs (such as the the New England Patriots and New York Jets in2008) each had to make cross-country trips to all four of the aforementioned west coast teams.

As a result, after all of the teams had cycled through playing against each other both home and away by the end of the 2009 season, the NFL tweaked the pairings to relieve teams from having to travel to the west coast more than twice in a season. Under the modifications implemented in 2010, clubs now have to travel to play only one team based on the west coast (either Oakland or San Diego) in years they play the teams in the AFC West, and only one such team (either San Francisco or Seattle) in years they play the NFC West.[6]

I didn't look up where we last played Seattle but I did find this. Looks like you don't play SF and Seattle both on the road if you also play the AFC West.

Under the original 2002 formula, half of the teams scheduled to play all the AFC West clubs had to travel to both Oakland and San Diego in the same season, while half of the clubs playing the NFC West had to make their way to both San Francisco and Seattle. In years in which a division was scheduled to play both AFC and NFC West clubs, two clubs (such as the the New England Patriots and New York Jets in2008) each had to make cross-country trips to all four of the aforementioned west coast teams.

As a result, after all of the teams had cycled through playing against each other both home and away by the end of the 2009 season, the NFL tweaked the pairings to relieve teams from having to travel to the west coast more than twice in a season. Under the modifications implemented in 2010, clubs now have to travel to play only one team based on the west coast (either Oakland or San Diego) in years they play the teams in the AFC West, and only one such team (either San Francisco or Seattle) in years they play the NFC West.[6]

we last played the NFC west in 2009 and before that in 2005. In 2005 we went to the Seahawks and 49ers and hosted the cards and rams. In 2009 we went to the rams and cards while hosting the 49ers and Seahawks. Sounds like the rotation schedule was changed after 2009 due to road fatigue either way having a road game in Arizona rather than Seattle is break for us.

i think it's because of lack of coaching in Detroit they are extremely undisciplined and that goes on the coaches shoulders.

Bunch of Hooligans if you ask me. Like Titus Young who decided he was gonna line up in the Wrong spot everytime just to be a Jerk. Can't Win games with players like that. Or when your Defense is one of the most penalized Defenses out there. They have a lot of work to do this off-season

I'm glad Pro's don't prepare like us fans sometimes think. There's no easy schedule. It's completely possible that this team overachieved this year, and next is more like .500, which is where talent wise this team is sans a few excellent vets and rookies.

I'm glad things worked pretty well this year, but it's with out upgraded talent on both sides of the ball, Luck won't be able to bail out all three phases of the game. He's going to need some help.

Those Broncos game tickets are gonna go UBER fast.

Friends of mine have two pairs of season tickets.  They feel that selling one pair for the Denver game will pay for that pairs entire season!  I will be GOING to that game!  Can't wait!!  This is going to be a LOOOONNNGGG off season. :(

Can anyone explain to me why we play at Arizona? I went to the Colt's/Cardinals game 4 years ago in Phoenix. I thought it rotated and we would play them at home this time????? I don't understand it but I'm OK with it. AZ is a good road game to go to for me with family out there.

Can anyone explain to me why we play at Arizona? I went to the Colt's/Cardinals game 4 years ago in Phoenix. I thought it rotated and we would play them at home this time????? I don't understand it but I'm OK with it. AZ is a good road game to go to for me with family out there.

A report I saw stated the NFL changed the home/road pairings starting with the 2010 season to account for long-distance travel. Reportedly the Pats complained because they had 4 west coast trips in 2008, so the league changed things. So, whereas our pairings were SF-SEA and AZ-STL, it's now SF-AZ and SEA-STL. That saves us from a third trip to the coast next season (would've been SEA).

So does the NFL match us up with the Patriots as one of our AFC games or does it have to be a #2 division team? Does our streak of how many years of playing the Pats finally come to an end?

Pats finished first in the East and Indy finished second in the South. We play the West next season, so NE drops off the schedule. We'll have to wait until January to face the Pats. :)

Friends of mine have two pairs of season tickets.  They feel that selling one pair for the Denver game will pay for that pairs entire season!  I will be GOING to that game!  Can't wait!!  This is going to be a LOOOONNNGGG off season. :(

Ya, no kidding my buddy with the stellar seats will make a mint on that game. I'll definitely be going to that game as well!

Something between 8-8 and 10-6. I think we will miss the PO with a better team than this year.

The longer I'm pondering on our schedule the tougher it looks. We must win out on our home-field, as far as i can see we can win only 3 on road.

I would not spend one more second pondering the schedule.  It is a pointless exercise as it comes to predicting the 2013 season record.  The NFL is year to year and we have no clue who will be good and who will be a poor team.  There will be teams that you think will suck who turn out to be pretty good.  As evidence I give you the 2012 Colts.  There will be teams who are thought to be contenders who in fact are no good at all.  As evidence I give you the 2012 Lions and Saints.

For the entire schedule 

Some nice away dates for a short vacation... 

Never been to SF, or San Diego....    I am going to hit one of these towns next season.    Cincy and KC are withing driving range.

I see 3 appealing prime time games...

Denver @ Colts

Seattle  @  Colts

Colts  @  San Francisco