Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Griffin, Asante and Spears to reserve/future contracts

austriancolt

Even as we enter the playoffs, Grigson is still shaking the bushes and overturning every rock to find us players. And they want to give Horseface Executive of theYear?? For what? Making one decision?

What is that decision of Horseface (your words) get them to and winning the SB? :funny: Then what excuse do you have? :dunno:

What is that decision of Horseface (your words) get them to and winning the SB? :funny: Then what excuse do you have? :dunno:

Sorry, Susie Q. The Broncos haven't won the Super Bowl yet. (Although they probably will.)

But the EOTY award should be given to someone for making more than one decision.

Sure, Horseface took a chance, giving Manning $19 million (of his owner's money), but the rest of the team was already filled with playmakers. 

In contrast, Grigson made a winning team out of rookies and castoffs. And to me, that's much more impressive.

Signing manning was not impressive or executive of the year material. He would have gone wherever he wanted. Biased sports media is all it is. I'd actually love to see manning and the broncs go one and done. By that's just me...

Okay, now that we all decided that Grigson is the EotY, let's get back to the post subject.

Looks like all three guys are decent projects.  Apparently they think Griffin has some talent after watching him for a week, just not enough to help right now.

Asante is a long shot, mainly ST player.  Spears is kind of intriguing, he's a speed rusher as far as I can tell.  You can never have too many of those kind of guys.  (If anyone know anything about him, please correct me if I'm wrong or add more info)

If Grigs dug em up, they are worthy of a try. He has earned that confidence.

The guy still knows how to scout players.  

Sometimes guys work out that you'd never guess would (Freeman).  We had Stevie Brown last year, he didn't do much for the Raiders and never did anything here.

Then he goes to the Giants and has 8 INTs.  Sometimes it just takes the right scheme.  You can never tell who will be that gem.

Why so defensive of Elway? It's not a slight on Manning. Or have you now completely moved your allegiencies to Denver?

No I have not at all and I don't appreciate the comment that I might have.    I have been on this forum from the old forum before it was moved.    I am just tired of all the name calling of other players and team owners and such.  Let's all be adults and act like such. This post was about players and then someone got it off track and this is where it's ended just like most of the threads now days. 

Why can't we all get along and be the Colts Fans we used to be.   :sigh:

No I have not at all and I don't appreciate the comment that I might have.    I have been on this forum from the old forum before it was moved.    I am just tired of all the name calling of other players and team owners and such.  Let's all be adults and act like such. This post was about players and then someone got it off track and this is where it's ended just like most of the threads now days. 

Why can't we all get along and be the Colts Fans we used to be.   :sigh:

I agree Susie, I like the mature side as well. However, in defense of the jibe, Elway has given the ultimate diss to the horseshoe of any individual in the history of this franchise. He does deserve a little flak for that. That is my opinion.

I agree Susie, I like the mature side as well. However, in defense of the jibe, Elway has given the ultimate diss to the horseshoe of any individual in the history of this franchise. He does deserve a little flak for that. That is my opinion.

That I also agree with you but it seem like every time I start reading an interesting thread it gets so off topic and the name calling begins.  I'm not a fan of Elway but I don't call him names I just ignore him or anything about him.  Works for me. :thmup:

That I also agree with you but it seem like every time I start reading an interesting thread it gets so off topic and the name calling begins. I'm not a fan of Elway but I don't call him names I just ignore him or anything about him. Works for me. :thmup:

No name calling from me, I asked a simple question, in order that I approach any future posts in the correct manner. Apologies if you thought I was having a go at you.

On the greater question of 'all getting along', that's going to be tough, as there are certainly about 20% of Posters on here who are set on dissing our team or our QB for whatever reason they have. And with all these new trolling posters, it does get some of us a little bent out of shape at times, which is very poor form, but human nature.

It is also very likely that people who openly support Manning on here will take flak, rightly or wrongly, if the comments are detrimental to Indy.

That I also agree with you but it seem like every time I start reading an interesting thread it gets so off topic and the name calling begins.  I'm not a fan of Elway but I don't call him names I just ignore him or anything about him.  Works for me. :thmup:

What works for one person doesn't always work for another though. We don't all live on Walton's Mountain......

And if it did, it would be kind of boring.....

***Griffin is a Good pickup, I watched him in the 2012 Combine, quick for a Big Guy and Strong, very good at getting down field in front of the Runningback could be a good pulling Guard, but needs to work on his lateral movement down the line, and his pass blocking not the greatest, as far as keeping defenders from knocking the ball down, but like him A LOT compared to what we have NOW..

***Spears is a Big Linebacker @ 6' 4" 234lbs. not much on him other than what browns and colts websites are giving... we will just have to see...

***Asante was drafted by the Browns and then cut and went to Bucs and then cut again, hmmmm a 6' 0" 210 lbs. Safety out of Nebraska in 2010 Big 12 Honors considered Strong against the Run but weak as a Pass Coverage Safety.. he has nice size as a Strong Safety but wondering if he can develop into an all around player would be nice to see Chuck make him into another Ed Reed... All I can tell is Colts are moving players up on all rosters to take the places of injured players and these players are just going to be filling open positions on the practice squad... Griffin has the only Real shot at being a Starter or Back up but with the way the Offensive Line has played this year, the cheerleaders could have Sacked Andrew, so Griffin has a Very Good chance..