Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Find That As A Insult....

DS3

The Ravens rested their starters the last week of the season when there was a chance they could've gotten the #3 seed. basically they're saying, they rather play us than the bengals. well they got what they wished for. I hope we win, and make there decision look bad...

Edited by Nadine
excessive capitalization removed: caps are yelling, go easy!

Yeah, If This Game Was In Indy I Would Be A lot More Confident But Joe Flacco Has Never Been One And Done In The Playoffs.

There is always a first!!! Pats never lost in the divisional round coming off a bye week, that came to an end in 2010 after the Pats went 4 straight times (2001, 2003, 2004, 2007) without a loss off a bye week. Flacco has gone 4 years too, right, without a one and done??? :)

The Ravens Rested Their Starters The Last Week Of The Season When There Was A Chance They Could've Gotten The #3 Seed. Basically They're Saying, They Rather Play Us Than The Bengals. Well They Got What They Wished For. I Hope We Win, And Make There Decision Look Bad...

For the Ravens to get the 3rd seed, the Patriots would need to lose, against MIA, in Foxboro, with a bye and potentially HFA on the line.

There wasn't a chance.

For the Ravens to get the 3rd seed, the Patriots would need to lose, against MIA, in Foxboro, with a bye and potentially HFA on the line.

There wasn't a chance.

Yeah But There Game Started At 1 Pm While The Patriots Game Started At 4 Pm. So They Could've Won That Game And New England Could've Loss Later All Thought They Didn't

my guess is they thought den and ne would handle their business.

The deal was they did not want to chance the fact the Texans could lose to the Colts (silly them :)).

So, they went assuming Texans would win and thus the Pats could tank their game, ala 2005 if they knew they were at the No.3 spot to get to the No.4 spot if both the Texans and Ravens won their games in the 1 p.m. ET slot.

The Ravens could only control their end of the bargain i.e. making sure they retained the No.4 spot.

The Ravens Rested Their Starters The Last Week Of The Season When There Was A Chance They Could've Gotten The #3 Seed. Basically They're Saying, They Rather Play Us Than The Bengals. Well They Got What They Wished For. I Hope We Win, And Make There Decision Look Bad...

Or it could be that they just wanted to get some players rested given they had no shot at a bye week.

I don't think the Ravens  OR Bengals  seeding was going to change, no matter what the outcome of the game.

Could be wrong, but that is how I understood it...  :dunno:

Yeah If The Ravens Won, And Patriots Loss The Ravens Could Have Gotten The #3 Seed

Yeah If The Ravens Won, And Patriots Loss The Ravens Could Have Gotten The #3 Seed

Well, that is true, but that wasn't going to happen, and I think they knew.

I guess what I had heard was the Bengals seeding would not change, and evidentally that was true.  They won and are still 6th seed.

The Ravens rested their starters the last week of the season when there was a chance they could've gotten the #3 seed. basically they're saying, they rather play us than the bengals. well they got what they wished for. I hope we win, and make there decision look bad...

actually the ravens would still have had the 4th seed and be playing the colts. even if they won they would still be a game behind the texans. only way they would have got 3rd seed is if new england got beat which wasnt going to happen. 

I honestly think they need to change the rules on location of playoff games. I believe who ever has the best record of the two teams playing should get home field for that game. 

Ravens - 10-6

Colts - 11-5

Ravens lose 4 of their last 5 games, barely win the division and the colts get one more win then the ravens and yet the colts have to travel to baltimore. sorry but i feel the team with the better record should be rewarded for having the better record and get the home game in the playoffs. its just my opinion

Had the Ravens won & NE lost the Ravens had the tie-breaker with their 31-30 win over NE.

I disagree with the whiners about calling it resting your players.

#1 you are letting ANYONE dinged up / HEAL UP

#2 you are limiting risk of injury for top players in a meaningless game

There is only ONE GOAL at seasons start

Winning in the Playoffs

Had the Ravens won & NE lost the Ravens had the tie-breaker with their 31-30 win over NE.

Winning in the Playoffs

This may be a first.  I am agreeing with you. ;)

I honestly think they need to change the rules on location of playoff games. I believe who ever has the best record of the two teams playing should get home field for that game.

Ravens - 10-6

Colts - 11-5

Ravens lose 4 of their last 5 games, barely win the division and the colts get one more win then the ravens and yet the colts have to travel to baltimore. sorry but i feel the team with the better record should be rewarded for having the better record and get the home game in the playoffs. its just my opinion

I can argue both ways. You win your division you host a game, period. But you also get 12-4 colts going to 8-8 chargers like in 2008.

Winning in the Playoffs

And you think sending in our scrubs and getting trashed yesteday would have been better preperation for Baltimore than what we witnessed yesterday? We've tried resting, and we've won nada. Pagano / Grigson called it just right. Polian / Dungy / Caldwell got it wrong.  

Ravens - 10-6

Colts - 11-5

Then you might as well scrap the entire "division" setup and put everyone in one big group. Not only would that be incredibly dull compared to the current set-up, but it would be considerably LESS fair. Unless the teams played every other team in the conference home and away each year, there would be no reasonable basis for determining who actually had a better year than who.

In other words, the Colts had a slightly better record than the Ravens essentially because they had a dramatically easier schedule than the Ravens. They won their division and should be rewarded for it. The Wild Card teams are the funky added attraction put in by the league to make things a bit more interesting. They haven't won anything, and should simply be thankful that they made the playoffs.

yea, some of the local reports there were saying the same thing, "let's get Indy, they don't have Manning and Cincy has better defense, special teams, & o-line" and they keep repeating, "No Manning, No problem".......... Ugh.

Lets Get It ON...   

i'm sorry but the only thing about Balt that scares me is Reed and Lewis.  I enjoy Rice, but we are battle tested against Foster x2, McCluster and a slew of other good backs.  T. Smith isn't a world beater.  He's not either one of the Johnson's or Marshall.  Couple that with the fact that we have an ace up our sleeve in Pagano and I am sure he knows their D forwards and back.  Yes I understand they made tweaks but really its the same Balt d from years past, just older.

I don't want to sound overly confident but I think Indy is gonna surprise Baltimore and give them more reason to hate us, lol

yea, some of the local reports there were saying the same thing, "let's get Indy, they don't have Manning and Cincy has better defense, special teams, & o-line" and they keep repeating, "No Manning, No problem".......... Ugh.

If true...this is gonna be GOOOOOD!  lol  They could be setting themselves up. 

Given the circumstances, you can't really blame them for preferring to play Indy.  But we all wanted the Ravens just as much.  ;)

Ravens - 10-6

Colts - 11-5

I completely agree. Winning the division should only guarantee a playoff game, not a home playoff game. Plus, letting the team with the best record be seeded higher would add importance / competitiveness to late season games. This is a change the NFL needs to make and I cannot believe the talking media heads don't make it an issue.

Another way to look at it. If the Colts were in the Ravens spot, Jacksonville( haha I know Jags in the playoffs pretty funny thought) was in the Bengals spot, and the Bengals in the Colts spot. Who would you rather play in the 1st round. A division foe who always plays you tough or a young over achieving team. Now I realize the Ravens have been pretty good against the Bengals, but a division game is always a tough 1.

i'm sorry but the only thing about Balt that scares me is Reed and Lewis.  I enjoy Rice, but we are battle tested against Foster x2, McCluster and a slew of other good backs.  T. Smith isn't a world beater.  He's not either one of the Johnson's or Marshall.  Couple that with the fact that we have an ace up our sleeve in Pagano and I am sure he knows their D forwards and back.  Yes I understand they made tweaks but really its the same Balt d from years past, just older.

I don't want to sound overly confident but I think Indy is gonna surprise Baltimore and give them more reason to hate us, lol

suggs vs. castonzo scares me. Suggs owned him last year easily his worst game as a colt. For the record I am a castonzo fan too but that match up scares me.