Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Award Predictions

Chris_21

And the Seahawks owner is going why did you spend so much on Flynn? By all accounts Carol pushed for him to be drafted and made the call to play him over Flynn.

Actually, it was stated that the GM was the reason the Seahawks had any interest in DangeRuss. He presented the idea to Carroll and the rest is history. And he just outplayed Flynn..lol

Actually, it was stated that the GM was the reason the Seahawks had any interest in DangeRuss. He presented the idea to Carroll and the rest is history. And he just outplayed Flynn..lol
based on what I heard it was the other way around. Clearly both had to like him or they wouldn't have drafted him however you don't pay Flynn what they did and not expect him to be the starter. I'll give the credit to the coach for making the call to play Russell that was the big call here.

As for the award Grigsons draft produced five starters by seasons end (and four all year) along with another seeing major playing time in brazil. He also signed a rookie free agent stud in freeman. On top of that he has made 40 personal moves during the season to help battle injuries and help improve a 2-14 football team to 11-5 matching the second best mark in league history in terms of number of wins from one season to the next. He did it with little cap room and cutting most of the talent they did have including Peyton Manning who might be the league MVP and setting them up to have great cap space going forward. Oh and his head coach left after game three to battle cancer.

What the Seahawks did was impressive but what Grigson did was amazing for any GM let alone a rookie one.

MVP
1. Adrian Peterson
1. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Tom Brady

ORoY
1. Russel Wilson
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Andrew Luck
4. Alfred Morris

5. Doug Martin

DRoY

1. Luke Kuechly

2. Casey Hayward

3. Janoris Jenkins

OPoY
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Calvin Johnson

3. Tom Brady

DPoY
1. J.J. Watt
2. Aldon Smith

3. Von Miller

CoY
1. Bruce Arians
2. Pete Carroll

3. Leslie Frazier

4. Jim Harbaugh
5. Mike Shannahan

CPoY
1. Peyton Manning

2. Adrian Peterson

GM
1. John Schneider
2. Ryan Grigson
3. John Elway

4. Bruce Allen

Not my predictions, but my vote, if I had one.  ;)