Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne - 106 of 194, 1355 yards

oldunclemark

Signing Reggie was the biggest off season signing off the year. Well besides the Broncos signing Peyton. I couldn't believe it when Reggie signed. I was going to order a Reggie Jersey, but figured he'd be gone so I got a Collie jersey instead. Which might have been a good thing because the last 2 new jerseys I got the player(Clark in 08 or 09 and Collie this year) ended up getting hurt that year. Also got a Sanders jersey, but he was hurt already so I can't be blamed for that.

Signing Reggie was the biggest off season signing off the year. Well besides the Broncos signing Peyton. I couldn't believe it when Reggie signed. I was going to order a Reggie Jersey, but figured he'd be gone so I got a Collie jersey instead. Which might have been a good thing because the last 2 new jerseys I got the player(Clark in 08 or 09 and Collie this year) ended up getting hurt that year. Also got a Sanders jersey, but he was hurt already so I can't be blamed for that.

NO LUCK JERSEYS FOR YOU!!!

A friend of mine was so upset when we re-signed Wayne and let Edge walk. Hindsight is 20/20 :)

That's why fans don't run teams no disrespect to your friend intended.  Edge is a running back which is easier to replace the miles were racking up on Edge very quickly.  Wayne was just coming into this prime.  I thought that was one of the easier decisions Polian ever had to make. 

That's why fans don't run teams no disrespect to your friend intended.  Edge is a running back which is easier to replace the miles were racking up on Edge very quickly.  Wayne was just coming into this prime.  I thought that was one of the easier decisions Polian ever had to make. 

I agree. It was a simple decision to me at the time, too. My friend can be a bit of a maroon.

He was great, up until week 10. 

I don't know why but somewhere around that time his production just fell off a cliff. His numbers from a 3 week stretch from weeks 14-16 were worse than his numbers in the Green Bay game. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's slowing down, and Luck force-feeding him the ball will stop being as effective as it was early on in the year.

I'd look for us to sign someone like Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe in the offseason (if Avery isn't resigned)

I've seen most of the games a couple times over, and I don't see what teams are doing that they weren't earlier in the year. 

It was obvious that the superhuman production wasn't going to continue from early in the year (Nobody's topping Marvin's 143) but Reggie's numbers shouldn't have declined that steeply. 

He was great, up until week 10. 

I don't know why but somewhere around that time his production just fell off a cliff. His numbers from a 3 week stretch from weeks 14-16 were worse than his numbers in the Green Bay game. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's slowing down, and Luck force-feeding him the ball will stop being as effective as it was early on in the year.

I'd look for us to sign someone like Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe in the offseason (if Avery isn't resigned)

I think we ran into good defensive teams like Houston ......

Luck isnt getting that much time to throw....so Reggie isnt getting that much time to get open

Plus Houston double -teamed him some..like C-mac said/.. WE didnt play Houston all year

Watch this week....I think we can block Baltimore's front..and Reggie will get chances..

But the top QBs throw to who's open...remember the day Peyton only threw two to Reggie when D. Revis was on him...?

Remember how everybody said reggie was washed up that day?

That was 2 years ago..