Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton or Luck in the playoffs?

House

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Braveheartcolt I think this goes both ways because when I am reading a thread in the NFL section that people are talking about something Peyton has done there are always some that have to post another Peyton v Luck again. Usually when I am reading a post about Luck which are usually good threads until someone has to bring Peyton's name up in the thread I quit reading because I know the thread will go downhill from there on out. I think comparing the 2 QB's has got out of line they are both good QB's in my opinion and I enjoy watching them both play. JMO :)   I just like to watch a good football game.

I hate these type threads. 

... And I'm tired of the notion that if you support Luck you must Hate Peyton. 

.......And if you support Peyton you can't be a Colts Fan. 

So Sue Me....

....I support BOTH.  

I really don't know how I'll react if they meet in the Playoffs.  I have really enjoyed this year.... It's been such a magical season  for everyone.  I don't really want it to end for either,  but it will.    I just hope for Good Games all around.   

I have problems rooting for Peyton not because he left the Colts but because he went to the Broncos but come playoff time I will cheer for him once(if) the Colts are gone.

The main reason I wouldn't want the Broncos is that we play Sunday vs the Ravens and the Broncos' divisional round game is slotted for next Saturday (Jan.12, 2012) at 4:30 p.m. ET. Short week against a team coming off a bye week is a huge disadvantage after playing a physical team like the Ravens.

If we beat the Ravens, I also want the Bengals to win in that case.

I remember, in 2009, the Ravens beat the Pats in Foxboro on a Sunday afternoon game and came and got crushed by the Colts the next Saturday night in the divisional round game.

He is just trying to get attention, Ya cant take him serious

I hate these type threads. 

... And I'm tired of the notion that if you support Luck you must Hate Peyton. 

.......And if you support Peyton you can't be a Colts Fan. 

So Sue Me....

....I support BOTH.  

I really don't know how I'll react if they meet in the Playoffs.  I have really enjoyed this year.... It's been such a magical season  for everyone.  I don't really want it to end for either,  but it will.    I just hope for Good Games all around.   

I'll be honest then. I am a Colts fan full stop. After that I don't honestly care. As I have many close friends who like many other teams. I would shout for their teams over any player including Manning. Except v my wife's team, the Patriots. That would be like selling my soul to the Devil. I think I would like to see Peyton win another ring or two, as long as it's not at the expense of the Colts, but it would be 'nice', no more than that.

I had several very long and decent pm's with Mac on the subject, and we came out on a good footing. I know it is quite common in America to follow a player rather than a team, but this phenomenon is almost unheard of in the rest of the world due to soccer fandom. No player is ever more important than the team so to speak. I did have trouble with this concept at first, but after my chat with Mac, I get it.

What does agitate me however is the negative comments about our team from some of the Manning 'first' fans who almost can't wait to slight Luck or Irsay at the drop of a hat. This has happened throughout the season. Little digs here and there, nipping away at a sore.

I'm afraid there is still a lot bitterness from a small section and they will never be happy no matter how well we do.

That is what riles people on here I feel.

All of you make valid points: Skip Bayless loves to create a false level of equivalency. Either you love Luck or you hate him, Either he has the Superstar it factor or he is interception prone. I also agree with Gramz. It is possible to admire both Manning & Luck & 1 must never forget what Peyton did for INDY either for that matter. No one deserves to be vilified should they choose to follow both #18 & #12. A person can still move forward with INDY's new direction & still be pleased with what the Pagano regime has achieved. 

I do find it humorous that Skip Bayless goes out of his way to point Luck's weaknesses while, in his eyes, RG3 can do no wrong.  haha

If you backed me into a corner & said SW1 you must choose 1 Playoff victor...I'd go with Peyton Manning. I want Yoda to be the 1st NFL QB to win 2 SB's with 2 separate franchises. Rookies always hit the wall eventually & fall short their 1st year. It's just the nature of the Playoff beast. 

If you backed me into a corner & said SW1 you must choose 1 Playoff victor...I'd go with Peyton Manning. I want Yoda to be the 1st NFL QB to win 2 SB's with 2 separate franchises. Rookies always hit the wall eventually & fall short their 1st year. It's just the nature of the Playoff beast. 

I hope you are wrong, and my wish is correct, but if I am wrong I hope you are correct.

See, all is now crystal clear.....

I hope you are wrong, and my wish is correct, but if I am wrong I hope you are correct. See, all is now crystal clear.....

I like you braveheartcolt. You are always very perceptive & funny. Not to mention very balanced & fair minded too I might add. I think that the Colts are good enough to give the Ravens a run for their money & win this next round, but beyond that I'm not so sure. But, then again, anything can happen in the Playoffs. To quote ESPN analyst Herm Edwards, "Hello, you play to win the game." 

Keep up the great commentary my friend.  :hat:  :colts:

The other weird thing...OC Bruce Arians & Andrew Luck seem to have good mentor/apprentice relationship & if Bruce gets a HC job then that solid chemistry could become jeopardized if Luck is forced to contend with a new OC with poor communication skills at such a crucial point in his NFL career. 

Ultimately, you want a good OC who can dilute complicated schemes down to their most basic form & can explain concepts more than 1 way to TE's, RB's, WR's, & your starting field general. Win now at all costs. The wrong OC can cripple a QB's development if you are not careful. Keep Bruce Arians in house Jim Irsay.

2 of those were playoff wins. The record for regular season is 7.

I stand corrected then. Luck shares it with:

Jake Delhomme (28) 2003
Jake Plummer (24) 1998
Brian Sipe (30) 1979
Tom Brady (26) 2003 
Dan Pastorini (29) 1978
Peyton Manning (33) 2009
Don Majkowski (25) 1989
Peyton Manning (23) 1999
Andrew Luck (23) 2012 
Bernie Kosar (23) 1986 

Look, I realize that no amount of money is going to make a person stop the pursuit of their head coaching dream if that's what Bruce Arians desires. I know that. It's not about money; it's about how you frame the sales pitch. Do you wanna leave now without molding Andrew Luck into a annual Playoff bound quarterback? Isn't it more liberating to mold a SB Champion team from scratch vs veteran retreads that you can't build up block by block? Your owner is patient in INDY & won't make rash decisions about unfulfilled expectations. This City loves you & has embraced you. Imagine how well this offense will have a balanced attack with a solid line & a stout defense. We will be unstoppable! 

Andrew needs you. Chuck needs you. Irsay needs you & this city needs you & values your contributions immensely. INDY is gonna do great things Bruce & we want you to remain in the Blue Horseshoe family fold Bruce. What do you say Bruce...Let's hunt & go win a Lombardi Trophy together... :thmup:  :blueshoe:

I am taking Peyton. Not because I do not like Luck or think Peyton is physically better but because I think Peyton is mentally stronger and more prepared for what he might see from a defense RIGHT NOW.....

There is always a ton of hostility when the whole Peyton/Luck issue is brought up. It really is a tough situation for both sides. I respect both opinions. I became a Colts fan when Ted Marchibroda was the HC, I was 18. I liked the story and he stood out to me. Being a SEC gal, I followed Peyton at Tennessee and was delighted he was going to be a COLT! It was a win-win. I agonized over the losses and cheered for the wins, while living with 2 Steelers fans I might add. I consider myself a loyal person and had a huge problem with the way Peyton was treated. Yes, i understand it is a BUSINESS, I understand it has worked out for both sides HOWEVER I still have a problem with the way it went down which caused me to once again root for the underdog-Peyton. He was cast aside and treated badly, in my opinion. Do I hate Luck? NO WAY! Do I root against the Colts? NO WAY! My point is everyone has an opinion and no one is right or wrong. Some have short memories and others choose to remember. I read here, usually without posting and cringe at any Peyton/Luck threads because I know who is taking what side almost down to a science. One last thought......both Peyton and the Colts have had brilliant seasons, I am happy for them both and look forward to the playoffs this weekend!!

I like you braveheartcolt. You are always very perceptive & funny. Not to mention very balanced & fair minded too I might add. I think that the Colts are good enough to give the Ravens a run for their money & win this next round, but beyond that I'm not so sure. But, then again, anything can happen in the Playoffs. To quote ESPN analyst Herm Edwards, "Hello, you play to win the game." 

Keep up the great commentary my friend.  :hat:  :colts:

Ok speaking intelectually and realistic,not with my heart,IMO we dont match up with the Broncos,I think they are the best team in the league,would i love to see the Colts make the SB you bet your b... Lol i wont be a bit upset to see Peyton there either :thmup:

I dont' see anything wrong with the Question being posed. I have a problem with colts fans that have to take shots at former Colt greats because they feel insecure about the question.

Many of us like to discuss where we could be better objectively. Offensive Line, DBs...gasp...even QB.

Unfortunately there is a camp here that can't handle objective assessments of Andrew Luck, period.

Asking which QB you'd rather have in the playoffs is a valid Question and no one should be upset when the answer is the guys with the higher QB rating.

I dont' see anything wrong with the Question being posed. I have a problem with colts fans that have to take shots at former Colt greats because they feel insecure about the question.

Many of us like to discuss where we could be better objectively. Offensive Line, DBs...gasp...even QB.

Unfortunately there is a camp here that can't handle objective assessments of Andrew Luck, period.

Asking which QB you'd rather have in the playoffs is a valid Question and no one should be upset when the answer is the guys with the higher QB rating.

Boy does that work both ways. Some people are so SENSITIVE..

Look, I realize that no amount of money is going to make a person stop the pursuit of their head coaching dream if that's what Bruce Arians desires. I know that. It's not about money; it's about how you frame the sales pitch. Do you wanna leave now without molding Andrew Luck into a annual Playoff bound quarterback? Isn't it more liberating to mold a SB Champion team from scratch vs veteran retreads that you can't build up block by block? Your owner is patient in INDY & won't make rash decisions about unfulfilled expectations. This City loves you & has embraced you. Imagine how well this offense will have a balanced attack with a solid line & a stout defense. We will be unstoppable! 

Andrew needs you. Chuck needs you. Irsay needs you & this city needs you & values your contributions immensely. INDY is gonna do great things Bruce & we want you to remain in the Blue Horseshoe family fold Bruce. What do you say Bruce...Let's hunt & go win a Lombardi Trophy together... :thmup:  :blueshoe:

Well said Brother :thmsup:

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 4, 2013 - personal squabble
Hidden by shecolt, January 4, 2013 - personal squabble

Ahhh...  you just take your hate to your little twatter page...    care to share the site and it's venom with everyone?

Yeah same here, and I trust my vision, I don't troll people. I actually try to ignore your little group.  Huge difference. Happy New Year  </conversation.
Ahhh...  you just take your hate to your little twatter page...    care to share the site and it's venom with everyone?

Ahhh JD, real men say what they want to people up front, to them...and listen to all opinions. Cowards hide and put on an act.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 4, 2013 - hiding because it makes no sense now that other posts have been removed
Hidden by shecolt, January 4, 2013 - hiding because it makes no sense now that other posts have been removed

I'm sure glad I don't know what you all are talking about.

I'm sure glad I don't know what you all are talking about.

Pretty simple. In this day and age too many people put on acts. There are a few losers out there who put on a front but talk trash behind everyone's backs on twitter/facebook because not everyone thinks the fraud is a genius.

But, back to Luck and Peyton......um I would choose Joe Montana for the playoffs. But, I do think this Luck kid might eventually prove to be one of the best.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 4, 2013 - response to removed posts
Hidden by shecolt, January 4, 2013 - response to removed posts
Yea, because i'm the one running around calling people ignorant. :facepalm::rollseyes:

That was an ignorant post, just like you troll my posts and a few others to try to get a rise out of a person.

You two!  Instead of arguing, just think to yourself as follows: