Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Deep

Quantum88

Colts have played 5 games against playoff teams this year, winning 3.

Green Bay - W

Minnesota - W

New England - L

Houston - L

Houston - W

Unfortunately, all the W's are at home and both of the L's are on the road.

I like our chances against the Ravens, but beyond that, we will have to go the New England or Denver. How deep in the playoffs do you think our run can go?

Green Bay - W

Minnesota - W

New England - L

Houston - L

Houston - W

I like our chances against the Ravens, but beyond that, we will have to go the New England or Denver. How deep in the playoffs do you think our run can go?

Green Bay - W

Minnesota - W

New England - L

Houston - L

Houston - W

need

Green Bay - W

Minnesota - W

New England - L

Houston - L

Houston - W

Cincy to beat Houston..which would send us to New England.

..we have a better shot at NE than we do Denver in Colorado

,,and we need Cincy to upset Denver.

..at that point an upset of NE would send us back home where we would be favored to win the AFC.

But, in answer to your question? We'll beat baltimore and that's it.

needCincy to beat Houston..which would send us to New England.

..we have a better shot at NE than we do Denver in Colorado

,,and we need Cincy to upset Denver.

..at that point an upset of NE would send us back home where we would be favored to win the AFC.

But, in answer to your question? We'll beat baltimore and that's it.

Remember that 59 the Pats hung on us with ease earlier this season?

The Ravens decided, for whatever reason, to not ride Rice in a ton of games this season.  Three games with over 20 carries, three more with just 20 carries, ten games under 20.  If the Ravens decide to not pound Rice, place the game in Flacco's hands, I think the Colts win.  But I dislike the matchup with either NE or Denver so I say a 1-1 playoff year. 

I think the Colts have a good shot at beating Baltimore.....

....I think going against New England or Denver the following week will not turn out well.

That said....I'll take a small chance anytime vs. having NO chance.

The Ravens decided, for whatever reason, to not ride Rice in a ton of games this season.  Three games with over 20 carries, three more with just 20 carries, ten games under 20.  If the Ravens decide to not pound Rice, place the game in Flacco's hands, I think the Colts win.  But I dislike the matchup with either NE or Denver so I say a 1-1 playoff year. 

or did the ravens do that on purpose to keep rice fresh for the post season?

or did the ravens do that on purpose to keep rice fresh for the post season?

Very possible - Rice had one less carry than Gore, had 40 fewer than Ridley even, and still finished 11th in rushing yards.  I simply don't think the Ravens win if Rice gets fewer than 20 carries Sunday.  If for whatever reason the Ravens don't let Rice carry the load, I think it dramatically improves the Colts chances of winning. 

If we beat the Ravens, then I'd prefer Denver in the Divisional round. Only because they are not 'proven' against the elite teams yet, so they may not be as good as their record suggests (a bit like us?). They could be dynamite of course, and we know that Peyton can do on his day. Our drubbing at Foxboro is not a good sign if we go there.

I'm just happy to get this far, anything else is a bonus.

Between Denver and NE, I think I'd prefer Denver.

Peyton has been known to have some of his off games in cold weather / playoffs.    Although NE without Edelman and Gronkowski would be less potent that they were in the regular season.  I'm not sure of the status for these two in the playoffs.

Also, a Luck / Manning match-up would be fun to watch.

I want us to win, and I think we will win at best by a FG margin.

But the Ravens are tigers at home and paper tigers on the road, so that is always in the back of my mind.

Maybe, as soon as I doubt this Colts squad, I will watch them rise as always. :)

I just cannot look past this one game, especially if I have enjoyed just living in the moment with this team where every game had question marks and the outcomes have been more favorable than not after the fact. :)

I'd rather play Denver than New England.  Partly because the weather in Denver is usually at least passable, and partly because the Colts have been so good in close games, and I think Denver is more likely to let us hang around than New England.  New England certainly has the occasional off day, but they're also probably the more likely of the two to blow us out of the water in the first half and thereby prevent any kind of late-game heroics.

Peyton has been known to have some of his off games in cold weather / playoffs.    Although NE without Edelman and Gronkowski would be less potent that they were in the regular season.  I'm not sure of the status for these two in the playoffs.

Pats will have Gronk back. Hernandez didn't play against the Colts. With edelman out that just means more balls to woodhead. Look at what happened yesterday when Gronk and Hernandez were back on the field together. A 28-0 blowout and the Pats were pretty much done halfway into the 4th or it could have been uglier. Pats were also missing two starting guards against the Colts. 

You need to throw a nice tight spiral in bad weather january games. Of the three QB's (Brady Luck and Manning) in this mix , one does not. So .. I'm with you , hoping for a nice windy day in Denver. Of coarse that's putting the horse before the carriage for sure. We need to beat Baltimore.

Pats will have Gronk back. Hernandez didn't play against the Colts. With edelman out that just means more balls to woodhead. Look at what happened yesterday when Gronk and Hernandez were back on the field together. A 28-0 blowout and the Pats were pretty much done halfway into the 4th or it could have been uglier. Pats were also missing two starting guards against the Colts. 

Well, I'm not sure if I were a Pats fan I'd completely trust the running backs, but more likely than not it'll end up being pretty irrelevant.

Miami didn't have a whole lot to play for. Turn the page back a week and you guys stunk the joint out vs Jacksonville. No question NE has the better team but ya never know.

Well, I'm not sure if I were a Pats fan I'd completely trust the running backs, but more likely than not it'll end up being pretty irrelevant.

I get what you're saying but Woodhead is more like a slot receiver than a RB. He splits out to the slot a lot. But on the talk of running backs, individually maybe not but the Patriots run game has been very good this year. 7th in yards, 1st in TDs. Probably the best balanced offense the Pats have had in over a decade. It'll pay dividends, maybe in the AFCCG if there is one. supposed to be as low as 7 degrees with snow in Denver

:http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/daily-weather-forecast/347810?day=11

Patriots will love that. 

Miami didn't have a whole lot to play for. Turn the page back a week and you guys stunk the joint out vs Jacksonville. No question NE has the better team but ya never know.

that game wasn't as close as the score suggests. Pats scored 20 straight points down 13-3. More like they stunk in the first quarter. 

I would too...     Manning is great.... but .. put pressure on him and hit him a few times....  and....????

Manning is not known as Mr. Pressure...     he is no Joe Montana... 

Lets get it on....     

Indy WILL beat the RAVENS..     and then...    I can't wait.

If we beat the Ravens, then I'd prefer Denver in the Divisional round. Only because they are not 'proven' against the elite teams yet, so they may not be as good as their record suggests (a bit like us?). They could be dynamite of course, and we know that Peyton can do on his day. Our drubbing at Foxboro is not a good sign if we go there.

I'm just happy to get this far, anything else is a bonus.

that game wasn't as close as the score suggests. Pats scored 20 straight points down 13-3. More like they stunk in the first quarter. 

Geez , I'd call a 16-13 game into the 4th quarter close. NE did go up by 10 but were ahead by only 7 the last 8 minutes of the game. The stats if anything show the Jags playing them very tough. 1 less first down and pretty much outplayed them in every other stat. I'd say this game was eevry bit as close or even closer than the final score indicates.

It really depends on which of our teams show up for the games. The team that played yesterday has a chance against anyone.

I agree, the team that showed up yesterday can play with anybody, this team has so much grit, fight, heart and all of the above, that if they can keep it close they have a chance against any team, but it will take the stars lining up for us. Stranger things have happened, all we can do is hope its all coming together at the right time, as of today, we are playing our best football, right now at the right time, just don't know if it will be enough. I do know that you can't count this bunch out, they will scrap with anybody, never say die.   "GO COLTS"

They've already shown the brackets. We go straight to New England with a win over Baltimore. I expect us to beat Baltimore to be absolutely honest with you.

The lowest seeded team remaining after the wildcard round goes to Denver.  So if Texans and Colts win, Colts go to Denver.  If Bengals and Colts win, Colts go to NE.

The lowest seeded team remaining after the wildcard round goes to Denver.  So if Texans and Colts win, Colts go to Denver.  If Bengals and Colts win, Colts go to NE.

I didn't hear anything thing like that when they were breaking down the brackets on ESPN. From what I saw they showed the brackets and who the winner of each wildcard game would play. They showed Baltimore vs. Indy with New England right next to it. Meaning that whoever won that game would play New England. I'll double check, but I didn't hear them mention anything else about seeding determining who would go where after the Wildcard games were over.