•  

Photo

How Deep

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Colts have played 5 games against playoff teams this year, winning 3.

Green Bay - W
Minnesota - W
New England - L
Houston - L
Houston - W

Unfortunately, all the W's are at home and both of the L's are on the road.

I like our chances against the Ravens, but beyond that, we will have to go the New England or Denver. How deep in the playoffs do you think our run can go?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16353 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Unfortunately I think we will be 1 and done in Baltimore

#3 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13138 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Green Bay - W
Minnesota - W
New England - L
Houston - L
Houston - W

I like our chances against the Ravens, but beyond that, we will have to go the New England or Denver. How deep in the playoffs do you think our run can go?

Green Bay - W
Minnesota - W
New England - L
Houston - L
Houston - W

need

Green Bay - W
Minnesota - W
New England - L
Houston - L
Houston - W

Cincy to beat Houston..which would send us to New England.

..we have a better shot at NE than we do Denver in Colorado

,,and we need Cincy to upset Denver.

..at that point an upset of NE would send us back home where we would be favored to win the AFC.

But, in answer to your question? We'll beat baltimore and that's it.

#4 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16353 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

needCincy to beat Houston..which would send us to New England.

..we have a better shot at NE than we do Denver in Colorado

,,and we need Cincy to upset Denver.

..at that point an upset of NE would send us back home where we would be favored to win the AFC.

But, in answer to your question? We'll beat baltimore and that's it.

Remember that 59 the Pats hung on us with ease earlier this season?

#5 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

The Ravens decided, for whatever reason, to not ride Rice in a ton of games this season.  Three games with over 20 carries, three more with just 20 carries, ten games under 20.  If the Ravens decide to not pound Rice, place the game in Flacco's hands, I think the Colts win.  But I dislike the matchup with either NE or Denver so I say a 1-1 playoff year. 

#6 icf

icf
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

I think the Colts have a good shot at beating Baltimore.....

....I think going against New England or Denver the following week will not turn out well.

That said....I'll take a small chance anytime vs. having NO chance.

#7 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13138 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Remember that 59 the Pats hung on us with ease earlier this season?

I do.....

but would you rather play at Denver (light air wearing downs your guys) or at New England.

Neither is a good choice, granted

#8 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 5296 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I think we can take Baltimore but that's probably it, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if we did actually lose to Baltimore.

"There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people who happen to ask questions."  -- Rock Slyde

#9 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

The Ravens decided, for whatever reason, to not ride Rice in a ton of games this season.  Three games with over 20 carries, three more with just 20 carries, ten games under 20.  If the Ravens decide to not pound Rice, place the game in Flacco's hands, I think the Colts win.  But I dislike the matchup with either NE or Denver so I say a 1-1 playoff year. 

or did the ravens do that on purpose to keep rice fresh for the post season?

"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#10 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

or did the ravens do that on purpose to keep rice fresh for the post season?

Very possible - Rice had one less carry than Gore, had 40 fewer than Ridley even, and still finished 11th in rushing yards.  I simply don't think the Ravens win if Rice gets fewer than 20 carries Sunday.  If for whatever reason the Ravens don't let Rice carry the load, I think it dramatically improves the Colts chances of winning. 

#11 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6595 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

AFC championship, yeah I said it!

#12 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 805 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I want to avoid NE at all costs because they are gonna be extremly dangerous with Gronk back and a good runnig game. Thier defense has played well. I think thier the best team in the playoffs as of now. I hope they get beat but thier gonna be a tough act to stop.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#13 IndyXLI

IndyXLI
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

I say we CAN beat the Ravens, as long as we don't make stupid mistakes. Hopefully this win against Houston won't lead to an emotional let down this weekend. So I will agree with those saying 1-1, but what do I know, I only picked us for 6 wins!

#14 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 2790 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Me too!

After predicting a 6 win season before the season....I'll be dammed if I'm gonna sell this team short again.

Are they a 53-man juggernaut?

No.....but neither is any other AFC team.

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#15 GoDeep

GoDeep

Uhhhhh..

• 1050 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I think we beat Baltimore then get demolished by our next opponent.

Posted Image

#16 CS Colts Fan

CS Colts Fan
  • 702 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

After yesterday and the way we played we can beat anyone.. I think NE will be the hardest... weather is<br />better in Colorado this time of year..

#17 Colts-Fanatic

Colts-Fanatic
  • Rookie
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

It really depends on which of our teams show up for the games. The team that played yesterday has a chance against anyone.

#18 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16353 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

I do.....

but would you rather play at Denver (light air wearing downs your guys) or at New England.

Neither is a good choice, granted

I'd take my chances on Manning coming back down to earth in the playoffs

#19 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4146 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

I think we can take Baltimore but that's probably it, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if we did actually lose to Baltimore.

You've taken sitting on the fence to a new level there Jason...

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#20 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4146 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

If we beat the Ravens, then I'd prefer Denver in the Divisional round. Only because they are not 'proven' against the elite teams yet, so they may not be as good as their record suggests (a bit like us?). They could be dynamite of course, and we know that Peyton can do on his day. Our drubbing at Foxboro is not a good sign if we go there.

I'm just happy to get this far, anything else is a bonus.

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#21 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6339 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

That's one thing I'm worried about the Colts play exponentially better @ home.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#22 ponyboy

ponyboy
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Between Denver and NE, I think I'd prefer Denver.

Peyton has been known to have some of his off games in cold weather / playoffs.    Although NE without Edelman and Gronkowski would be less potent that they were in the regular season.  I'm not sure of the status for these two in the playoffs.

Also, a Luck / Manning match-up would be fun to watch.

#23 chad72

chad72
  • 8452 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I want us to win, and I think we will win at best by a FG margin.

But the Ravens are tigers at home and paper tigers on the road, so that is always in the back of my mind.

Maybe, as soon as I doubt this Colts squad, I will watch them rise as always. :)

I just cannot look past this one game, especially if I have enjoyed just living in the moment with this team where every game had question marks and the outcomes have been more favorable than not after the fact. :)

#24 Warhawk

Warhawk
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'd rather play Denver than New England.  Partly because the weather in Denver is usually at least passable, and partly because the Colts have been so good in close games, and I think Denver is more likely to let us hang around than New England.  New England certainly has the occasional off day, but they're also probably the more likely of the two to blow us out of the water in the first half and thereby prevent any kind of late-game heroics.

#25 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Peyton has been known to have some of his off games in cold weather / playoffs.    Although NE without Edelman and Gronkowski would be less potent that they were in the regular season.  I'm not sure of the status for these two in the playoffs.

Pats will have Gronk back. Hernandez didn't play against the Colts. With edelman out that just means more balls to woodhead. Look at what happened yesterday when Gronk and Hernandez were back on the field together. A 28-0 blowout and the Pats were pretty much done halfway into the 4th or it could have been uglier. Pats were also missing two starting guards against the Colts. 

Peyton Manning - 12 playoff losses - most in NFL history

#26 dw49

dw49
  • 3473 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

You need to throw a nice tight spiral in bad weather january games. Of the three QB's (Brady Luck and Manning) in this mix , one does not. So .. I'm with you , hoping for a nice windy day in Denver. Of coarse that's putting the horse before the carriage for sure. We need to beat Baltimore.

#27 Warhawk

Warhawk
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Pats will have Gronk back. Hernandez didn't play against the Colts. With edelman out that just means more balls to woodhead. Look at what happened yesterday when Gronk and Hernandez were back on the field together. A 28-0 blowout and the Pats were pretty much done halfway into the 4th or it could have been uglier. Pats were also missing two starting guards against the Colts. 

Well, I'm not sure if I were a Pats fan I'd completely trust the running backs, but more likely than not it'll end up being pretty irrelevant.

#28 dw49

dw49
  • 3473 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Miami didn't have a whole lot to play for. Turn the page back a week and you guys stunk the joint out vs Jacksonville. No question NE has the better team but ya never know.

#29 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Well, I'm not sure if I were a Pats fan I'd completely trust the running backs, but more likely than not it'll end up being pretty irrelevant.

I get what you're saying but Woodhead is more like a slot receiver than a RB. He splits out to the slot a lot. But on the talk of running backs, individually maybe not but the Patriots run game has been very good this year. 7th in yards, 1st in TDs. Probably the best balanced offense the Pats have had in over a decade. It'll pay dividends, maybe in the AFCCG if there is one. supposed to be as low as 7 degrees with snow in Denver

:http://www.accuweath...t/347810?day=11

Patriots will love that. 

#30 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Indy will beat Baltimore...   

Unfortunately I think we will be 1 and done in Baltimore

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#31 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Miami didn't have a whole lot to play for. Turn the page back a week and you guys stunk the joint out vs Jacksonville. No question NE has the better team but ya never know.

that game wasn't as close as the score suggests. Pats scored 20 straight points down 13-3. More like they stunk in the first quarter. 

#32 sb2001

sb2001
  • 424 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

atta boy!!! I'm with you!
WHY NOT US!

#33 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I would too...     Manning is great.... but .. put pressure on him and hit him a few times....  and....????

Manning is not known as Mr. Pressure...     he is no Joe Montana... 

Lets get it on....     

Indy WILL beat the RAVENS..     and then...    I can't wait.

If we beat the Ravens, then I'd prefer Denver in the Divisional round. Only because they are not 'proven' against the elite teams yet, so they may not be as good as their record suggests (a bit like us?). They could be dynamite of course, and we know that Peyton can do on his day. Our drubbing at Foxboro is not a good sign if we go there.

I'm just happy to get this far, anything else is a bonus.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#34 supremecoltsfan300

supremecoltsfan300
  • 1026 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Realistically, I see us as one and done, in a 14pt blowout. If Flacco stinks up the place, I could see us pulling out the win, but after that I'd expect us to go home. Ravens will run it down our throats I think with rice and pierce.
"You can put in whatever piece you want with 18, 18 will make it work; all he says is just find your way open, I'll get the ball there. And that's where the Reggie Wayne's, the Dallas Clark's, the Marvin Harrison's; that's how dominant he is. If you take him out of the game, no disrespect to nobody else on the Colts, but you make them a very below-average ball club." -- Ray Lewis on Peyton Manning

#35 corgi

corgi
  • 2389 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

AFC championship. If Houston advances and plays NE, we could possibly beat them in the AFCCG. A long shot I know, but I only fear the Patriots in the AFC. Realistically we should beat Baltimore, and hopefully play Denver tough.

"A man’s character is not judged after he celebrates a victory, but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up.

You never give up, you pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome, that is what I believe!"

#36 dw49

dw49
  • 3473 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

that game wasn't as close as the score suggests. Pats scored 20 straight points down 13-3. More like they stunk in the first quarter. 

Geez , I'd call a 16-13 game into the 4th quarter close. NE did go up by 10 but were ahead by only 7 the last 8 minutes of the game. The stats if anything show the Jags playing them very tough. 1 less first down and pretty much outplayed them in every other stat. I'd say this game was eevry bit as close or even closer than the final score indicates.

#37 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

It really depends on which of our teams show up for the games. The team that played yesterday has a chance against anyone.

I agree, the team that showed up yesterday can play with anybody, this team has so much grit, fight, heart and all of the above, that if they can keep it close they have a chance against any team, but it will take the stars lining up for us. Stranger things have happened, all we can do is hope its all coming together at the right time, as of today, we are playing our best football, right now at the right time, just don't know if it will be enough. I do know that you can't count this bunch out, they will scrap with anybody, never say die.   "GO COLTS"

#38 krunk

krunk
  • 3106 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

They've already shown the brackets. We go straight to New England with a win over Baltimore. I expect us to beat Baltimore to be absolutely honest with you.

#39 ponyboy

ponyboy
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

They've already shown the brackets. We go straight to New England with a win over Baltimore. I expect us to beat Baltimore to be absolutely honest with you.

The lowest seeded team remaining after the wildcard round goes to Denver.  So if Texans and Colts win, Colts go to Denver.  If Bengals and Colts win, Colts go to NE.

#40 krunk

krunk
  • 3106 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

The lowest seeded team remaining after the wildcard round goes to Denver.  So if Texans and Colts win, Colts go to Denver.  If Bengals and Colts win, Colts go to NE.

I didn't hear anything thing like that when they were breaking down the brackets on ESPN. From what I saw they showed the brackets and who the winner of each wildcard game would play. They showed Baltimore vs. Indy with New England right next to it. Meaning that whoever won that game would play New England. I'll double check, but I didn't hear them mention anything else about seeding determining who would go where after the Wildcard games were over.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Apr
    BrentMc11

'possibly' having a re-do on my right eye tomorrow depending on the risk. It is still too far-sighted. I am too young to not have it done with a better script. Hoping it is easy...may have stitches this time with bigger incision.

Show comments (9)
View All Updates