Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

339 of 627, 4,374 yards, 23 TDs, 18 INTs

oldunclemark

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

??  Gavin when all these guys have played "together" they have excelled. 

I don't get this "I watched quite a few games" ?    really?  where?  An OL is organic, it is in constant flux.  

How can you possibly say you "called it" ...       Called what?   constant injury problems?

This line is actually solid when they are ALL HEALTHY.     But, sadly we have yet to see it first hand this season.

Love the positive attitude, if an O Line was so "organic" as you called then why dont teams just keep the same players they have on there O Lines every year? Last I checked our O Line did not involve or have any of this or need any of  this to be good or·gan·ic  (ôr-gabreve.gifnprime.gifibreve.gifk)

adj.
1. Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms: organic matter.
2. Of, relating to, or affecting a bodily organ: an organic disease.
a. Of, marked by, or involving the use of fertilizers or pesticides that are strictly of animal or vegetable origin: organic vegetables; an organic farm.
b. Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals: organic chicken; organic cattle farming.
c. Serving organic food: an organic restaurant.
d. Simple, healthful, and close to nature: an organic lifestyle.
a. Having properties associated with living organisms.
b. Resembling a living organism in organization or development; interconnected: society as an organic whole.
5. Constituting an integral part of a whole; fundamental.
6. Law Denoting or relating to the fundamental or constitutional laws and precepts of a government or an organization.
7. Chemistry Of or designating carbon compounds.
n.
1. A substance, especially a fertilizer or pesticide, of animal or vegetable origin.
2. Chemistry An organic compound.

what they do need is TALENT 

I believe he's talking Passing + rushing /16... I'm not 100% sure but I think that's where he got them. 

Makes more since in that respect, but not when talking about completion % and Interceptions. And it dirties the data when adding in yards where some rushing yardage production is 'expected' of the QB, where the other QB is 'not' expected to produce or intentionally attempt rushing yardage.

Love the positive attitude, if an O Line was so "organic" as you called then why dont teams just keep the same players they have on there O Lines every year? Last I checked our O Line did not involve or have any of this or need any of  this to be good or·gan·ic  (ôr-gabreve.gifnprime.gifibreve.gifk)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms: organic matter.
2. Of, relating to, or affecting a bodily organ: an organic disease.
a. Of, marked by, or involving the use of fertilizers or pesticides that are strictly of animal or vegetable origin: organic vegetables; an organic farm.
b. Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals: organic chicken; organic cattle farming.
c. Serving organic food: an organic restaurant.
d. Simple, healthful, and close to nature: an organic lifestyle.
a. Having properties associated with living organisms.
b. Resembling a living organism in organization or development; interconnected: society as an organic whole.
5. Constituting an integral part of a whole; fundamental.
6. Law Denoting or relating to the fundamental or constitutional laws and precepts of a government or an organization.
7. Chemistry Of or designating carbon compounds.
n.
1. A substance, especially a fertilizer or pesticide, of animal or vegetable origin.
2. Chemistry An organic compound.

what they do need is TALENT 

Gavin ... we like to keep it "tidy" around here...  please cite your references...  ..   

:)

Makes more since in that respect, but not when talking about completion % and Interceptions. And it dirties the data when adding in yards where some rushing yardage production is 'expected' of the QB, where the other QB is 'not' expected to produce or intentionally attempt rushing yardage.

You'll have to ask him.

To me RG3/AL1 in that aspect is closer than MV7 & PM18.  

I wish Luck would run more. I wish that there were concepts from the Washington offense that were installed here.. But that might just be me...

NO..  not just you...      Luck is more than capable of doing such work...    I would rather see this than him running for his life trying to complete a 30 yard crossing pattern...   

I have feeling we may see this come playoff time..     at least we should ;     Or at least turn Luck loose "no huddle".. 

You'll have to ask him.

I wish Luck would run more. I wish that there were concepts from the Washington offense that were installed here.. But that might just be me...

You'll have to ask him.

I think I'd rather see more designed runs than designed blocking schemes... LOL. I just hope we can get a good enough o line that he can finish developing his NFL caliber passing skills first.

Where'd you get your numbers? I take pass yds / 16 and I get -

Luck 273 /gm

RG3 200 /gm

RW 195 /gm

That's a full field length drive more per game, every game. since completion % is so much different, as you show, lets show yards per completion, see what kind of mileage is gained from each catch-

Luck 12.9

RG3 12.4

Rw 12.4

With Luck having many more completions than either of the other two.

Now let's look at 3rd and 4th down conversion rates-

Luck 98 229 42.8% 7 8 87.5%

RG3 68 190 35.8% 12 17 70.6%

RS 80 199 40.2% 11 18 61.1%

Seems I found some stats where Luck leads the other two in. Shall I look for more? Stats are just some numbers, can be gathered, juggled around and made to tell different stories. After all is said and done, who got the 'W', and ultimately, who holds the trophy is the true victor. not the stat champ... as wee (and Peyton) know all to well.

I made a few posts on the first page of the thread that acknowledge the 3rd down percentage thing and the fact that I used total yards per game.

It doesn't dirty the data in the slightest.  Yardage is yardage and touchdowns are touchdowns.  You don't say that Marshall Faulk was a worse running back than Jerome Bettis because Bettis had more rushing yards.  Faulk was a much more dangerous and productive player because of his abnormal skills as a receiver.  A complete player does more than just one thing and all of those things must be taken into account when evaluating that player's performance.

I don't get some (media / boards) infatuation over Luck's turnovers and Wilson and RG3's lack of...

It boils down to situations. Luck's calls for a lot of balls in the air... the others don't. It really is as simple as that.

If anyone watches the games and knows ANYTHING about it they would simply look to 4 stats. Rushing yards and Atts, and Passing yards and Atts, they tell the story of a QB and a team.

Luck has nearly doubled Wilson and the Skins (RG3 and Cousins) pass attempts. nearly DOUBLED.

This morning I heard a national guy going on and on about "how magically RG3 handled the ball, and led the team" OH MY GOD. The dude has one of the most average games a QB can have and not one mention of Alfred Morris. It is getting really tiresome. From my end the RG3 backlash simply comes from the constant national media slobbering over this guy. The reason Washington is where they are right now is because the D has improved GREATLY and they run the ball.

Wilson is the one that deserves all the praise .. he truly is burning the NFL up right now... but ... he also has the 3rd best running game in the NFL and 4 ranked D. He is actually in the best spot of any of the rookie QB's.

Luck has carried this team, Colt fans have witnessed it first hand. The folks who only look at highlights and look at stats will come to the same conclusions. Luck is a turnover machine... but don't turnovers generally equal L's?

Not for Indy, ... I guess Luck is only good in the 4th quarter. The one that matters.. ;)

Luck has not carried the team. He has contributed a lot, as the QB position has a lot of influence on the productivity of an offense but the whole team has made clutch plays when they need to.

In NO way is Luck carrying the team. You act as if he has had to score on every possession because the opposing team scores or keeps the offense on the field.

Luck has not carried the team. He has contributed a lot, as the QB position has a lot of influence on the productivity of an offense but the whole team has made clutch plays when they need to.

In NO way is Luck carrying the team. You act as if he has had to score on every possession because the opposing team scores or keeps the offense on the field.

Agree, luck has been huge. Bt rest of offense has stepped up big time, at times at least. We have showed real growth all year. Or young guys are going to be really good next year.

Also, this year I feel like we don't have to play keep away. Not afraid of our d holding their own. We have a more balanced team. Offense, defense, special teams. Been waiting to see that for YEARS!

author="RGIII" Said: "I made a few posts on the first page of the thread that acknowledge the 3rd down percentage thing and the fact that I used total yards per game. It doesn't dirty the data in the slightest. Yardage is yardage and touchdowns are touchdowns. You don't say that Marshall Faulk was a worse running back than Jerome Bettis because Bettis had more rushing yards. Faulk was a much more dangerous and productive player because of his abnormal skills as a receiver. A complete player does more than just one thing and all of those things must be taken into account when evaluating that player's performance."

OK, even as a 'complete' player who happens to relinquish most all of the designed rushing opportunities off to a running back, he still gets more yds /gm than Robert Griffin. I guess Luck is the more complete player then? Or is it back to that completion percentage and interception total again, and we have to go to passing yards only? I wonder what looking up 3rd and long conversion rates will turn up...