Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

339 of 627, 4,374 yards, 23 TDs, 18 INTs

oldunclemark

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Luck had a fantastic rookie season.  Redonkulous! Remember when he threw his 18th interception against Tennessee and people were sure he was going to break Peyton's rookie INT record?  Well, he sure surprised some people (including me) by not throwing a single pick in the last three games. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.  If he can just get his pass % up (with a better oline, that should just happen, i think.) He's going to be an elite QB fairly soon.

Kid is awesome.

I have absolutely no doubt that oline will be fixed for next season because you can't find worse guards than what we have had to endure all year and we have found ways to win despite them. Luck has had a great year by all standards of a rookie on a team that took the 1st pick in the draft in the same season. Next yets stats may look better but I hope that relates to wins and not just better % of numbers.

I just shake my head when RG3 and Russell Wilson have the #2 and #3 rushers on their team and are considered for rookie of the year over Luck who had attempted at least 50% more passes than either of them (627 for Luck, 393 for both RG3 and Wilson), and has 11 wins, 1 more than either of them.

I just shake my head when RG3 and Russell Wilson have the #2 and #3 rushers on their team and are considered for rookie of the year over Luck who had attempted at least 50% more passes than either of them (627 for Luck, 393 for both RG3 and Wilson).

..and add in the offensive line shuffling and three wins over playoff teams (Minnesota, Green Bay and Houston)

and the QBs, they replaced....(RW) Javaris Jackson..(RG3).Rex Grossman and (Luck) Peyton Manning....I mean, think about it.

Luck surpassed my expectations for him.

I didnt think he'd lead this team to an 11-5 regular season and into the playoffs...which is the stat that matters most.

I look forward to seeing what he does in a couple of years with a better O-Line and hopefully a few less fumbles.

There was a thread weeks ago posing the question "Would Luck have more TDs than ints?"

I said then I thought it would be more TDs just because I liked what I saw from him at that time. Clearly he has made it a point these last few games to not turn the ball over and make better decisions.

Smart kid lol.

I just shake my head when RG3 and Russell Wilson have the #2 and #3 rushers on their team and are considered for rookie of the year over Luck who had attempted at least 50% more passes than either of them (627 for Luck, 393 for both RG3 and Wilson), and has 11 wins, 1 more than either of them.

The problem is that attempts/gm is the only statistical category where Luck holds a substantial lead over both of his competitors...

Luck had 289 yards/gm

RG had 267 yards/gm

Wilson had 225 yards/gm

Luck had 1.8 TDs/gm

Griffin had 1.8 TDs/gm

Wilson had 1.9 TDs/gm

Luck had 1.4 turnovers/gm

Griffin had 0.4 turnovers/gm

Wilson had 0.8 turnovers/gm

Luck completed 54% of his passes

Griffin completed 66% of his passes

Wilson completed 64% of his passes

... and those last two are why some don't believe he's on the same footing this season.  Now, it is true that Griff and Wilson have two of the best rushers in the NFL to help them out but I strongly urge you to look at Luck's receiver advantage.  Neither the Seahawks nor the Redskins have a single receiver who was as productive as Donnie Avery, your third most productive receiver.  Reggie Wayne alone was more productive than any two Redskins receivers combined.

The problem is that attempts/gm is the only statistical category where Luck holds a substantial lead over both of his competitors...

Luck had 289 yards/gm

RG had 267 yards/gm

Wilson had 225 yards/gm

Luck had 1.8 TDs/gm

Griffin had 1.8 TDs/gm

Wilson had 1.9 TDs/gm

... and those last two are why some don't believe he's on the same footing this season.  Now, it is true that Griff and Wilson have two of the best rushers in the NFL to help them out but I strongly urge you to look at Luck's receiver advantage.  Neither the Seahawks nor the Redskins have a single receiver who was as productive as Donnie Avery, your third most productive receiver.  Reggie Wayne alone was more productive than any two Redskins receivers combined.

How about 3rd down completion % and 4th qtr. comeback wins? I think he has an edge there too, along with 11 wins > 10??? :)

How about 3rd down completion % and 4th qtr. comeback wins? I think he has an edge there too, along with 11 wins > 10??? :)

The Seahawks are pretty comparable on 3rd downs to you guys.  The Skins are obviously not very good although we more than make up for it with our first, second, and fourth down ability (worth mentioning that you guys are fantastic on 4th).  Curiously, Luck's accuracy on 3rd down is still worse than either Griffin's or Wilson's.  His vertical inclinations clearly help him out with making sure his throws get past the sticks.

It's a hell of an awesome trait to have to be so cool under pressure as Luck has proven to be but I personally don't think it's actually a good thing to have to win from behind all the time.  It's fun to watch, no doubt, but I can think of two NFC East QBs who will not be going to the playoffs this year who are examples of guys who fall back too heavily on that trait.  If I'm you guys I'm hoping Luck learns to just blow people out of the water from start to finish instead of having to pull minor miracles to win.  To each his own there, the important thing is just playing well enough to win games, which all three of these guys certainly do.

I'll take actually winning your division and having a home playoff game at 10-6 over an 11-5 wildcard spot, by the way ;)

Luck had 289 yards/gm

RG had 267 yards/gm

Wilson had 225 yards/gm

Luck had 1.8 TDs/gm

Griffin had 1.8 TDs/gm

Wilson had 1.9 TDs/gm

Were talking about total yards a game by Griffin right? Also your going to have more turnovers in our passing attack Washington has a shorter passing attack, yes I know Griffin is averaging more yards per pass but what that stat does not show is those catches are a large majority 21 yards and in that were ran for more yards giving him a higher yards per catch. Thats why Luck averages 273.4 yards per game passing and Griffin averaged 213.3

It can also be argued that Luck made his receivers better, minus Wayne. 1 of the biggest arguments for Luck(ROY) is he had to do more than RG3 or Wilson.

I thought RGIII quoted this but yes all 3 rookies have agruments for them for ROY. All 3 are playing phenomenal football. IMO RG3 and Luck have slight edge on Wilson. I wouldn't mind a co-ROY. Heck Manning had to share a MVP award with McNair back in the day.

Our WR's are more productive because our QB is better.

:neener:

NFL records for completions, attempts and yardage for a rookie.

Andrew Luck's final stats for 2012...

Is that about what you thought??

I'm content but before the season I was just thinking W-L record. The only stat I was curious about we're what Lucks rushing stats would be, just because I'm not used to follwing a QB that can run.

I remember a lot of us calling for 4,000 back in August but this is more than I thought he'd do

Were talking about total yards a game by Griffin right? Also your going to have more turnovers in our passing attack Washington has a shorter passing attack, yes I know Griffin is averaging more yards per pass but what that stat does not show is those catches are a large majority 21 yards and in that were ran for more yards giving him a higher yards per catch. Thats why Luck averages 273.4 yards per game passing and Griffin averaged 213.3

Total yards a game by all of them.  A 10 yard run is as good as a 10 yard pass.

Mentality is a bigger difference in the turnovers than scheme is, honestly.  Griffin is very conservative with the ball in a way that Luck simply is not.

NFL records for completions, attempts and yardage for a rookie.

Andrew Luck's final stats for 2012...

Is that about what you thought??

I'm content but before the season I was just thinking W-L record. The only stat I was curious about we're what Lucks rushing stats would be, just because I'm not used to follwing a QB that can run.

I remember a lot of us calling for 4,000 back in August but this is more than I thought he'd do

Luck had 289 yards/gm

RG had 267 yards/gm

Wilson had 225 yards/gm

Luck had 1.8 TDs/gm

Griffin had 1.8 TDs/gm

Wilson had 1.9 TDs/gm

... and those last two are why some don't believe he's on the same footing this season. Now, it is true that Griff and Wilson have two of the best rushers in the NFL to help them out but I strongly urge you to look at Luck's receiver advantage. Neither the Seahawks nor the Redskins have a single receiver who was as productive as Donnie Avery, your third most productive receiver. Reggie Wayne alone was more productive than any two Redskins receivers combined.

I guess we could all agree that each team has had better success than originally thought they would have but I think we can also agree that the Colts were thought to have went well above win totals more so than the others. The skins and seahawks were both rebuilt teams in search of a few pieces (mainly QB) which both teams got. The Colts needed comets overhaul of defense, offense and coaching as well as GM. LUCK achieved more with less in a shorter timeframe than the other 2 teams bar none. Answer this question though, if RGIII or Wilson did not have a top notch RB and an oline that blocked as bad as the Colts line, do u feel that either would have been as successful? Washington has PG, moss and a few other skill set players that were already pretty good. Because they could not get numbers like the Colts wr's, how is that a knock on Luck? IMO, Wilson isn't a ROY candidate. Ecause he was not the sole reason his team is playoff bound, his defense is. He managed the offense and did a very good job of not doo g stupid rookie stuff.

In the end, these are just awards not trophies so if Luck does not win ROY but wins more lombardi's, I'm good with that. Luck has been successful and not close to as hyped up as RGIII

either the Seahawks nor the Redskins have a single receiver who was as productive as Donnie Avery, your third most productive receiver.  Reggie Wayne alone was more productive than any two Redskins receivers combined.

You think that has something to do with Luck throwing it twice as much?

Maybe Avery is more productive because the Colts throw the ball more?  Clearly, the mentality of the offense for the Colts is to throw the ball down the field rather than rely on the running game to make big plays and set up the PA (although we've been doing that more now).  The Skins and Seahawks rely more on their running game, which is why the Colts receivers would be more productive than the Skins and Seahawks.

All three QBs are doing great for their offenses.  Luck isn't going to win the OROY.  It's either Wilson or RG3, but if Luck had an effective running game as the other two guys, I see him putting up better numbers than his rookie competitors.

Lucks numbers impressed me. With the kind of talent we had around him (very little) he was able to lead our team and direct our offense with ease. I wont be completely sold until the end of the 2013 season when he gets past his sophomore slump...iv just seen guys regress too many times. I cant believe we are in the playoffs though!! Iv been reading what the players think here http://bit.ly/Wb5EKp.

So proud of our guys. Who do you think we'll draft in April??

I thought RGIII quoted this but yes all 3 rookies have agruments for them for ROY. All 3 are playing phenomenal football. IMO RG3 and Luck have slight edge on Wilson. I wouldn't mind a co-ROY. Heck Manning had to share a MVP award with McNair back in the day.

I did... but I forgot to actually pen a response to it :facepalm:

I wouldn't mind co-ROY, either.  I don't think either Griffin or Luck finished the season as strong as we'd all hope for which is why Wilson (who started very slow) is in the discussion now.  I think we can all agree that Wilson has by far the most help around him.  That defense they have is nasty.

Our WR's are more productive because our QB is better.

:neener:

Our RB is more productive because... well, because he is a beast.

Avery was only slightly more productive this year than he was as a rookie with a decrepit Marc Bulger throwing to him and Wayne was nearly a 1000 yard receiver with the 2011 Colts' QB menagerie.  Luck's clearly elevated their play some but they were pretty talented to begin with.

Unfortunately Griffin was brought into the thread by Chad, but open the window a smidgen, and a Skin will jump in. BTW, Griffen was involved in 9 wins, not 10.

Luck orchestrating 11 wins (from 2 last season) is by far the most impressive stats of them all, in my opinion. Some talk about us being in a weak division, but have you watched the Eagles and Cowboys? They are very poor as well.

The main difference regarding the QB stats are that both the Seahawks and the Redskins each have 3 Offensive Line pro-bowlers, we have.........

I'm happy with Luck. Beyond all expectations. Will definitely be on a plane to Indy next season.....my first but not my last visit....