Photo

T.Y. the Texan Slayer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1138 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

In two games against Houston this season T.Y. Hilton has posted 7 catches for 189yds. 27ypc and 2TDs...  his best receiving numbers against any team.

I think its great that this so-called "smurf" has been showing up big against our biggest rivals. He has been one of the reasons our future is looking brighter by the week.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Worth trading up for? Heckuva Good Eye Mr. Grigson.
MUCH HARDER drafting at the end of each round! GL

#3 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1015 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

T.Y. has a bright future!  Glad to see him flourish with this team that's for sure.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#4 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16807 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

I cannot believe how many good moves Grigson made....Out top FIVE draft choices all have contributed to a playoff team?

Unheard of..

#5 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2906 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I was doubtful of TY.

He's proved me wrong.

I see a new Percy Harvin.

I like to argue. 

#6 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Alshon Jeffrey was called out before the game Sunday by his own team to come through while teams are double teaming BM.  My point is that he was regarded as a better prospect and he's much taller than Hilton.  Proof that height isn't the sole predictor of production.

#7 Holden89

Holden89
  • Community Moderator
  • 746 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

I really think the TY Hilton pick was the steal of the draft.  He's lightning in a bottle.

The cake is a lie!!!

#8 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2131 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Worth trading up for? Heckuva Good Eye Mr. Grigson.
MUCH HARDER drafting at the end of each round! GL
I see this argument all the time, and agree that it'll be interesting to see how Grigs fares in his second draft... but the "drafting at the end" bit only really applies to the first round, IMO.

Imagine taking away the Luck pick, and evaluating what Grigs did the rest of the way. I'd argue he still did better than most teams picking in the back half of the draft. JMO.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#9 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2131 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Fleener remains the pick I'm least impressed with, but Allen, Hilton and Ballard look awesome, Brazill shows promise, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Chapman and Anderson develop.

I know Luck is the piece that makes everything else work, and that these other guys were pressed into action out of necessity because the cupboard was pretty bare, but I think it needs to be noted how remarkable the Colt's '12 draft really was.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#10 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6749 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

#11 alfred87

alfred87
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

I watched the video over 20 times, great throw, great catch, three defenders, touchdown, win the game and THE CELEBRATION moving like berney. This luck to hilton connection will be a nightmare
Tornadoes #87 DE/OLB

#12 STARCHILD66

STARCHILD66
  • Rookie
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

I've nicknamed him Touchdown Yoda!!

#13 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

That throw and catch is just so reminiscent of Manning's pass to Collie in the AFC Championship game against the jets. 

CjMcGirt23

#14 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2576 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Man if he wasn't inactive for the 1st game I believe he would of had both most receiving yards and TDs by a rookie WR.

#15 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4328 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Fleener remains the pick I'm least impressed with, but Allen, Hilton and Ballard look awesome, Brazill shows promise, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Chapman and Anderson develop.

I know Luck is the piece that makes everything else work, and that these other guys were pressed into action out of necessity because the cupboard was pretty bare, but I think it needs to be noted how remarkable the Colt's '12 draft really was.

Fleener contributed as much, if not more than Brazill, and he played significantly less than Allen. On straight contribution he was less impressive than Allen, but he had lest playing time obviously. I've been impressed with them all (those that played). Once we have better pass protection and blocking, these kids could be a big time weapon!

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Sep
    Bogie

South Saturn Delta - Oh my an actual Hendrix cash in with good material. Midnight/Midnight Lightning are real winners on this record.

View All Updates