Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Foster taping the Chuckstrong banner

GoColts8818

Why Was Foster taping the Chuckstrong Banner?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Why Was Foster taping the Chuckstrong Banner?

• Out of Respect to Chuck.
    • Mocking the Colts TD Celebrations.

What do you think?  I heard one person I was watching the game with flip out because he thought Foster was mocking the Colts TD celebrations when they would run up and tap it and then another guy I watched it with thought it was cool that even Foster got how big Pagano being back was for the NFL in general.  I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise and everything I have read about Foster says he's a class act so I think he was doing it out of respect but I thought I'd see what others thought. 

I hate Foster when he plays us cause he's such a freaking great rb, but thats why I respect him. He was doing it out of respect. I was at the game and when Chuck was shown on the screen at the beginning, Everyone was clapping for him...even the whole Texans bench. But when its game time...the Colts pulled an awesome football killing of the Texans!!!

It was definitely out of respect. Foster is a classy guy when it comes to the nitty gritty and there was nothing to show otherwise. If he would have faked a ripping it off or pretended to throw it to the ground that'd be different but it was a simple single/double tap and bow. 

Was very classy of the team to show support both before and after the game. Foster showed the same. Hate him for running all over us, but respect the heck out of that. After the game is over, we are all human beings out here trying to make our way through life.

Definitely out of respect.  Drew Stanton thought so too.  On his twitter he wrote "I've got a lot of respect for @ArianFoster after his TD today.  His celebration was the classiest I've ever seen!!! #CHUCKSTRONG"   Jerraud Powers then asked what he did and Drew replied "Tapped chuckstrong poster and bowed to it showing repect.  Unreal!!!"

That folks says all you need to know!  Classy move by a very very good player!

The standing ovation from the Texans sideline after the one minute Pagano tribute, and the Foster tap to the banner to me were all legitimate, all real respect.  Division rivals are still within the broader NFL fraternity, and I saw respect yesterday.  It's such a small profession, and there are so many connected parts (Johnson and Pagano at Miami, for example), that I think the 'greater good' was not lost on the Texans yesterday.

he came over to give Pagano a hug and words of encouragement after the game, that's all you need to know bout Foster and his respect for what Chuck went through. Tapping the sign (hash), pure class.

Just wanted to add that I couldn't catch the game on tv so I was listening to the radio app, so when I saw the highlights on the NFL network, my first reaction was what the....

But after reading everyone's response including this one, I seem to be wrong.

It was out of respect but he shouldn't of tapped it like Luck would, that's what could've been perceived as a mock to some people. The bow alone would've been better.

He bows after every touchdown no matter where he is.

I don't know if there are Chuckstrong banners in both endzones but if not then since he was running one in he just saw an opportunity.

He's a good guy.

This is such a silly topic. Does anyone really think he did it for any other reason than respect? Seriously?

Cassius Vaughn was on Sirius today and he said that although he didn't like that they scored, he thought it was great that Foster paid tribute to Chuck.

Really, we need a poll for this?

This is such a silly topic. Does anyone really think he did it for any other reason than respect? Seriously?

Cassius Vaughn was on Sirius today and he said that although he didn't like that they scored, he thought it was great that Foster paid tribute to Chuck.

Really, we need a poll for this?

Why don't you read the post where I explained why I did the poll and you'll see that some people really did think that.  Clearly it's a minority and I disagreed with them as like I said Foster has been nothing but class but I was just curious to see if anyone else took it the way my friend did.  After all isn't that the point of a forum to get others opinions on subjects?