Photo

Foster taping the Chuckstrong banner

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Why Was Foster taping the Chuckstrong Banner? (184 member(s) have cast votes)

Why Was Foster taping the Chuckstrong Banner?

1. Out of Respect to Chuck. (179 votes [97.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.28%

2. Mocking the Colts TD Celebrations. (5 votes [2.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13514 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

What do you think?  I heard one person I was watching the game with flip out because he thought Foster was mocking the Colts TD celebrations when they would run up and tap it and then another guy I watched it with thought it was cool that even Foster got how big Pagano being back was for the NFL in general.  I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise and everything I have read about Foster says he's a class act so I think he was doing it out of respect but I thought I'd see what others thought. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2577 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Really? Everything I have ever read on about him states how he's a soft-spoken classy guy. I'm 99.99% positive it was out of respect.

#3 coltsfanmilyman

coltsfanmilyman
  • 1302 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

especially considering that after he tapped it he bowed to it too.  Nothing but a class act imo

Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)

We need to replace random acts of violence with random acts of Kindness  (Me)

#4 DeAngelo

DeAngelo
  • Rookie
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

I voted respect -- Never crossed my mind that it was anything but a gesture of tribute.

#5 INColts12

INColts12
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

I hate Foster when he plays us cause he's such a freaking great rb, but thats why I respect him. He was doing it out of respect. I was at the game and when Chuck was shown on the screen at the beginning, Everyone was clapping for him...even the whole Texans bench. But when its game time...the Colts pulled an awesome football killing of the Texans!!!

#6 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8195 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

It was respect.      Nothing but pure respect.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!     Sing it, Aretha, my girlfriend!!

Class all the way.    As for those who think otherwise, can't help 'em......

#7 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1214 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

It was definitely out of respect. Foster is a classy guy when it comes to the nitty gritty and there was nothing to show otherwise. If he would have faked a ripping it off or pretended to throw it to the ground that'd be different but it was a simple single/double tap and bow. 

#8 lance.acres

lance.acres
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

http://m.yahoo.com/w...=en&.tsrc=yahoo

Perhaps this will put his intention into perspective.
"It is not who you are but, what you do that defines you."

#9 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 892 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

my first reaction was wth, but then i realized it's a.foster who has been nothing but a class act. so i have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#10 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2676 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

I didn't see it when it first happened during the game, but after seeing the replays of it, I also feel like he was paying his respect to Coach Pagano and his 1st game back !!!

#11 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 951 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Telegraphing that he wishes he was wearing Colt blue too!

#12 austriancolt

austriancolt
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I loved it and it looks like Arian Foster isn't just a great running back but also a great character!

#13 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm glad to see not a single person so far has thought it was mocking. 

#14 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Foster is a great guy. Classy move, made me smile after the BRUTAL lack of run defense up the middle.

2013 AFC South Champs

#15 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17125 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

No...he's got an attitude but I thouhgt he wanted to make the statement.

He was sure he'd score sometime in the day and he planned it...

I give him all credit..He didnt have to do it

#16 Cynjin

Cynjin
  • 1041 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Everything I have ever heard about Foster is that he is a class guy and very thoughtful.  It never entered my mind that he was trying to mock Chuckstrong.

#17 NewEra

NewEra
  • 4390 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Was very classy of the team to show support both before and after the game. Foster showed the same. Hate him for running all over us, but respect the heck out of that. After the game is over, we are all human beings out here trying to make our way through life.
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Decided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#18 coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

It may have been out of respect, but I was mad as hell when I saw the highlights! He scored against us and then does a celebration the Colts do to honor the Colts coach? Seems fishy to me...
I PROMISED MYSELF TO SEE THE COLTS AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM IN 2013!

#19 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16061 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

A very classy move

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#20 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4119 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I thought it was a fine gesture from a player whose reputably got a great attitude, more sportsmanship like this is needed in modern sports. 

#21 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1015 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Definitely out of respect.  Drew Stanton thought so too.  On his twitter he wrote "I've got a lot of respect for @ArianFoster after his TD today.  His celebration was the classiest I've ever seen!!! #CHUCKSTRONG"   Jerraud Powers then asked what he did and Drew replied "Tapped chuckstrong poster and bowed to it showing repect.  Unreal!!!"

That folks says all you need to know!  Classy move by a very very good player!

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#22 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17920 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

At first I was thinking wha the heck  he doing! But then realized it was out of respect.

#23 AtlantaColtsFan

AtlantaColtsFan
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

I truly believe it was out of respect. Only a coward would mock that particular celebration and Foster is a classy guy from what I hear.

#24 chad72

chad72
  • 9280 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Yep, the "namaste" used by Asian Indians and a few others, including Arian Foster, denotes respect.

#25 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2232 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

he came over to give Pagano a hug and words of encouragement after the game, that's all you need to know bout Foster and his respect for what Chuck went through. Tapping the sign (hash), pure class.

#26 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 749 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

At first I was thinking wha the heck  he doing! But then realized it was out of respect.

That was my first reaction also, I would like to hear something about it from Foster though?

#27 King Colt

King Colt

Colt fan for 53 yrs. now!

• 1109 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I live in Houston and I can tell you Foster is one class act and a man very rectful and respected by all. Thanks for the tap.
"Build The Monster, Then Turn It Loose"

#28 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1603 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ask the same sort of question - was the fan who stood up and wiped it clean being classy?

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

#29 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Foster was being classy.

#30 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

It was out of respect but he shouldn't of tapped it like Luck would, that's what could've been perceived as a mock to some people. The bow alone would've been better.

#31 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

The standing ovation from the Texans sideline after the one minute Pagano tribute, and the Foster tap to the banner to me were all legitimate, all real respect.  Division rivals are still within the broader NFL fraternity, and I saw respect yesterday.  It's such a small profession, and there are so many connected parts (Johnson and Pagano at Miami, for example), that I think the 'greater good' was not lost on the Texans yesterday.

#32 Andy

Andy
  • 8897 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Come on, Foster is a classy dude, he would never have the intentions of mocking an ill coach.

It was out of respect, and it's very obvious.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#33 coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

he came over to give Pagano a hug and words of encouragement after the game, that's all you need to know bout Foster and his respect for what Chuck went through. Tapping the sign (hash), pure class.

Just wanted to add that I couldn't catch the game on tv so I was listening to the radio app, so when I saw the highlights on the NFL network, my first reaction was what the....

But after reading everyone's response including this one, I seem to be wrong.

I PROMISED MYSELF TO SEE THE COLTS AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM IN 2013!

#34 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I thought it was a classy move and have a hard time viewing it any other way. 

#35 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

It was out of respect but he shouldn't of tapped it like Luck would, that's what could've been perceived as a mock to some people. The bow alone would've been better.

He bows after every touchdown no matter where he is.

I don't know if there are Chuckstrong banners in both endzones but if not then since he was running one in he just saw an opportunity.

He's a good guy.

#36 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7350 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

This is such a silly topic. Does anyone really think he did it for any other reason than respect? Seriously?

Cassius Vaughn was on Sirius today and he said that although he didn't like that they scored, he thought it was great that Foster paid tribute to Chuck.

Really, we need a poll for this?

#37 Warhawk

Warhawk
  • 976 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Anyone who knows anything at all about Arian Foster wouldn't even think to ask this question.

#38 smittywerb

smittywerb
  • 1145 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

It was like his way of saluting.

:pass: :blueshoe: BUILD THE MONSTER! FEED THE MONSTER! :blueshoe: :pass:

:HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire:

#39 cbear

cbear
  • 523 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Anybody who thought he did that to mock Chuck in anyway should reexamine the way they look at people in general.

#40 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13514 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

This is such a silly topic. Does anyone really think he did it for any other reason than respect? Seriously?

Cassius Vaughn was on Sirius today and he said that although he didn't like that they scored, he thought it was great that Foster paid tribute to Chuck.

Really, we need a poll for this?

Why don't you read the post where I explained why I did the poll and you'll see that some people really did think that.  Clearly it's a minority and I disagreed with them as like I said Foster has been nothing but class but I was just curious to see if anyone else took it the way my friend did.  After all isn't that the point of a forum to get others opinions on subjects? 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates