Photo

Coaching Changes Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#41 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Bears asking to interview Broncos’ Mike McCoyhttp://bit.ly/U05x9O  #Broncos #NFL

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Has a decision not been made/announced yet on Wisenhunt or is he safe for now?  Or do you know?

I'm not sure if that means he's safe or not. Nothing has been released one way or the other. 

#43 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 5974 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm not sure if that means he's safe or not. Nothing has been released one way or the other. 

Gotcha...I'd assume then it's probably similar to the Jags situation and what the Colts did last year...bring in the new GM and then let him make the decision about the existing head coach. 

**edit...of course, I know what happens when one assumes so...yeah lol.  A statement could be released in 5 seconds announcing that Wisenhunt also received his walking papers.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 was a great day for the State of Indiana!

#44 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Bears asking to interview Broncos’ Mike McCoyhttp://bit.ly/U05x9O  #Broncos #NFL

Cardinals fired HC Ken Whisenhunt. Up to 7 HCs today.

As I've been reporting, Cardinals very likely to promote assistant GM Steve Keim to the GM position

#45 chad72

chad72
  • 9251 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Gotcha...I'd assume then it's probably similar to the Jags situation and what the Colts did last year...bring in the new GM and then let him make the decision about the existing head coach. 

Interesting that you mention Ken Wisenhunt's name.

If Arians leaves for a head coaching job and Ken Wisenhunt is fired, I'd love to have him for OC.

#46 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Head Coaches

Kansas City  Romeo Crennel

Buffalo Chan Gailey

Chicago  Lovie Smith

Philadelphia Andy Reid

Cleveland Pat Shurmur

San Diego Norv Turner

Arizona Ken Whisenhunt

GM's

New York Jets Mike Tannenbaum

Cleveland Tom Heckert

Jacksonville Gene Smith

Tennessee Mike Reinfeldt

San Diego J.A. Smith

Arizona Rod Graves

#47 Chris_21

Chris_21
  • 181 posts

I'm not sure if that means he's safe or not. Nothing has been released one way or the other. He was fired according to schefter. Just saw it a minute ago

#48 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 5974 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

**edit...of course, I know what happens when one assumes so...yeah lol.  A statement could be released in 5 seconds announcing that Wisenhunt also received his walking papers.

LOL...it happened while I was editing the post :D

Interesting that you mention Ken Wisenhunt's name.

If Arians leaves for a head coaching job and Ken Wisenhunt is fired, I'd love to have him for OC.

I agree.  I think as of now my 2 top preferences, should Arians leave for a HC job, would be Wisenhunt or Greg Knapp (assuming reports are true and he does get fired in Oakland).

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 was a great day for the State of Indiana!

#49 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Chargers have hired Ron Wolf as a consultant to help lead the GM and coach searches.

#50 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Jets and Jaguars have asked permission from San Francisco to interview 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble for their GM jobs.

#51 chad72

chad72
  • 9251 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Nobody wants Bill Polian???? If it ends up the case with so many GM vacancies, Chris Polian would have taken his Dad down with him for good, kudos!!! :)

#52 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

REPORT: Jaguars GM search to begin with guy who won his Fantasy league two straight years and kid that built a Madden dynasty.

#53 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Nobody wants Bill Polian???? If it ends up the case with so many GM vacancies, Chris Polian would have taken his Dad down with him for good, kudos!!! :)

Polian is in the position(age/$$$) to pick and choose what he wants to do. There are some places he wouldn't want to go to.

If something he likes comes his way then he might take it.

It's not like he's 55...

#54 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2906 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Andy Reid

Norv Turner

Jason Garret

Romeo Crennel

Chan Gailey

Rex Ryan

Ron Rivera

Lots of available seats coming up in the next year or so......

4 for 7 almost 2 months ago. Should have known Whisenhunt was getting the boot.....

Riveria may have save his job with a nice Dec.

Still cant believe Ryan got a vote of confidence.

Jason Garret has deserved a firing for 2 years now, but I refuse to take into account the "Jerry Jones yes man" factor....thats my own fault.....

I like to argue. 

#55 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15646 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

The Shocking name on the list is Lovie Smith

ESPN mentioned Arians as a possible candidate in Philly

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#56 chad72

chad72
  • 9251 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

The Shocking name on the list is Lovie Smith

ESPN mentioned Arians as a possible candidate in Philly

Arians should not take it if Vick is still QB. Vick is a coach killer, IMO.

Arians is better off taking a job like the Bears or Chargers with a decent QB that can somewhat read defenses.

#57 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Cardinals also fire entire offensive staff, not the defensive coaches.

Cards Russ Grimm, Mike Miller, John McNulty Chad Grimm, Frank Reich & Tommie Robinson were let go.

#58 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Panthers announced HC Ron Rivera will meet with owner Jerry Richardson to discuss his future.

#59 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Raiders have released OC Greg Knapp, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, OL coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.

#60 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Cardinals also fire entire offensive staff, not the defensive coaches.

Ken Wisenhunt would be one of the first people I call if BA gets a shot to be a HC somewhere

#61 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ken Wisenhunt would be one of the first people I call if BA gets a shot to be a HC somewhere

It would be about the same playbook, but with a higher concentration on the running game. He never wanted to throw it as much as he did with Warner in Arizona. With Larry FItzgerald & Boldin & Warner he was forced too.

#62 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Gailey's entire staff also fired in Buffalo http://es.pn/S23NMF

#63 BodaciousBryce

BodaciousBryce
  • Community Moderator
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Only name I know for sure been seriously discussed @ Chargers Park to this point is Bruce Arians ... I am told Ken Whisenhunt is interested.

Thank you Luck and Mathis for carrying the team this year, can't wait for next season

#64 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17748 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Gailey's entire staff also fired in Buffalo http://es.pn/S23NMF

Seems extreme to me from an outsiders point of view of course, I would have drafted a QB, A WR,  A O Linemen or two and maybe a Tight End if I was Buffalo and see what happens, They are still in need a few of those pieces in my opinion but now seems like they need an entire makeover on offense from coaching staff on down

#65 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Arizona and Chicago have asked for and received permission to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy for their HC job. Will interview this weekend.

#66 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Seems extreme to me from an outsiders point of view of course, I would have drafted a QB, A WR,  A O Linemen or two and maybe a Tight End if I was Buffalo and see what happens, They are still in need a few of those pieces in my opinion but now seems like they need an entire makeover on offense from coaching staff on down

Their mistake was the huge deal to Fitzpatrick.  They have some decent pieces, but will see how the new cook likes them. 

#67 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Have learned: The Jets have asked for permission from Giants to interview NYG director of college scouting Marc Ross for their GM job.

#68 BodaciousBryce

BodaciousBryce
  • Community Moderator
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

@mikecwright: Keith Armstrong interviewing w/Bears for HC job, according to league source.

Falcons Special Teams Coach - Keith Armstrong

The chiefs are also interviewing him apparently

Thank you Luck and Mathis for carrying the team this year, can't wait for next season

#69 chad72

chad72
  • 9251 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

@mikecwright: Keith Armstrong interviewing w/Bears for HC job, according to league source.

Falcons Special Teams Coach - Keith Armstrong

The chiefs are also interviewing him apparently

Hate to say it but he is used for the Rooney rule. Happened to Jim Caldwell and Leslie Frazier a few times as well. Here is his bio: http://prod.www.falc...df-46bd037574ff

#70 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now

#71 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

#Lions have severed ties with WR coach Shawn Jefferson, RB coach Sam Gash and TE coach Tim Lappano, according to #NFL sources

#72 PatMcAfeeFan

PatMcAfeeFan
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Jay Glazer posted this about the Jags GM search last night. 

"Everyone just drink the kool-aid n leap n2 the blue waterfalls of faith...automatic 4the people..the smoker u drink,the player u get!"-Jim Irsay

#73 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

“As I’ve told everybody who has asked over the course of the season, that the answer is, ‘Could I do it?  Yeah.’  Would I?  That depends entirely on the family and other considerations,” Polian told USA Today.  “So right now, it doesn’t look like there is anything in the offing.  And I’m fine with that.  I’m very happy with what I’m doing now"

#74 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Dirk Koetter has decided to remain with the Atlanta Falcons, and will not pursue a head coaching position at this time.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Sep
    Bogie

South Saturn Delta - Oh my an actual Hendrix cash in with good material. Midnight/Midnight Lightning are real winners on this record.

View All Updates