Photo

The Hard Count

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3319 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Where did that come from, they must have been working on that all week.

I've never seen the Houston Texans defense flinch on the hard count like that.

Without question that hard count was one of the biggest game changers the Colts had, and I'm guessing it's not gonna get the credit it deserves.

Thoughts?

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13137 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I've noticed it this year at times.  Luck has gotten his fair share of false starts.  I think the fact they were playing the Texans who are a fairly undisciplined team that lives to get after the QB helped. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#3 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3296 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Luck was putting boots to butts with it alone today. He had them all flustered.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#4 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3492 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Blue nineteeeeeee, blue eighteeeee eight, blue haaaaugh!

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#5 Chicago-Colts Fan1287

Chicago-Colts Fan1287
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

haha

#6 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Luck has a very strong voice, and it certainly helps at home with the hard count.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#7 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 7291 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

I have a habit of taking a sip of beer every time the Colts snap the ball. Due to Luck's trickery, I consumed 47 beers today. My brain trauma is both permanent and hilarious. I cannot stop drooling. I can no longer do simple math and I'm pretty sure the one fish in my fish tank is now pregnant. 

#8 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13923 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

lmao

The hard count was deadly today.  We caught them like 5 times.  While that might only account for 25 yards, don't forget that it takes a shot at your will too.  You work so hard to get the opposing offense to 3rd and 3, then you have one mental mistake and give them a fresh set of downs.  It takes a shot at your will and those 5 yards allow the drive to continue for even more yards.  Luck was deadly with it.  I remember the last time we played the Texans, they were anticipating the snap count and we didn't change anything.  Today, it really paid off

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#9 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 7699 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Luck has a very big voice for a QB.

Harbaugh seriously loved it.   Often called it one of Luck's best weapons.

His hard count is already way above average.    

And don't worry about it not getting credit.   Dan Dierdorf, who did the analyst work on CBS today,  now has a huge man-crush on Luck.   He ***loved*** Luck's barking on the hard count.   He raved throughout the game about Luck.   He also gave props to the Colts' O-lineman for holding their water and not jumping as well.

This was a good day....      :thmup:

#10 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13137 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Luck has a very big voice for a QB.

Harbaugh seriously loved it.   Often called it one of Luck's best weapons.

His hard count is already way above average.    

And don't worry about it not getting credit.   Dan Dierdorf, who did the analyst work on CBS today,  now has a huge man-crush on Luck.   He ***loved*** Luck's barking on the hard count.   He raved throughout the game about Luck.   He also gave props to the Colts' O-lineman for holding their water and not jumping as well.

This was a good day....      :thmup:

Well if you watch Luck it's hard NOT to love him :)

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#11 manning04

manning04
  • 828 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

It did not just come out of no where. think playing the Texans at their place first they really did not get the actual sense of how his hard count worked due to their crowd/maybe some silent count.  Also it seemed the first time we played they were jumping the snap.  Either way we looked like we are finally  "getting it" all phases made plays today. just gotta get some key guys back for next sunday and see what we do.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#12 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Luck just keeps growing up as a QB right in front of our eyes and it's like watching your children grow up.

#13 Indra

Indra
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

He does have a very nasty hard count. Better than Peyton's, IMO.

#14 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

I also liked the quick snap to catch Houston with 12 men on the field. Says a lot that a rookie team can be alert to that and pull it off.

#15 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

He's growing his repertoire even as we speak.  

#16 sb2001

sb2001
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

He's growing his repertoire even as we speak.  

That's why I feel really good going into the playoffs.
WHY NOT US!

#17 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

#18 chad hugo

chad hugo
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

He does have a very nasty hard count. Better than Peyton's, IMO.

Peyton did it with his hands sometimes, after the count he would step back, re-evaluate and change the ENTIRE play. Im hoping to see this next season from luck 

#19 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 14871 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a team get abused by a hard count the way the Texans got worked by Luck. He really did a great job, and so did the fans by staying quiet when the offense is at work.
LET'S HUNT

#20 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1135 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I definitely noticed that teams were timing our snaps a little too well in the 2nd half of the season... B.A. must've noticed as well because Luck has been dynamite with the hard count since the Detroit game..

I can't wait for these guys to get another full offseason and preseason together... You can't expect much better than we have gotten this year, but Houston better check themselves.. :coltshorse:

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates