Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Hard Count

SilentHill

Where did that come from, they must have been working on that all week.

I've never seen the Houston Texans defense flinch on the hard count like that.

Without question that hard count was one of the biggest game changers the Colts had, and I'm guessing it's not gonna get the credit it deserves.

Thoughts?

I have a habit of taking a sip of beer every time the Colts snap the ball. Due to Luck's trickery, I consumed 47 beers today. My brain trauma is both permanent and hilarious. I cannot stop drooling. I can no longer do simple math and I'm pretty sure the one fish in my fish tank is now pregnant. 

Blue nineteeeeeee, blue eighteeeee eight, blue haaaaugh!

lmao

The hard count was deadly today.  We caught them like 5 times.  While that might only account for 25 yards, don't forget that it takes a shot at your will too.  You work so hard to get the opposing offense to 3rd and 3, then you have one mental mistake and give them a fresh set of downs.  It takes a shot at your will and those 5 yards allow the drive to continue for even more yards.  Luck was deadly with it.  I remember the last time we played the Texans, they were anticipating the snap count and we didn't change anything.  Today, it really paid off

Luck has a very big voice for a QB.

Harbaugh seriously loved it.   Often called it one of Luck's best weapons.

His hard count is already way above average.    

And don't worry about it not getting credit.   Dan Dierdorf, who did the analyst work on CBS today,  now has a huge man-crush on Luck.   He ***loved*** Luck's barking on the hard count.   He raved throughout the game about Luck.   He also gave props to the Colts' O-lineman for holding their water and not jumping as well.

This was a good day....      :thmup:

Luck has a very big voice for a QB.

Harbaugh seriously loved it.   Often called it one of Luck's best weapons.

His hard count is already way above average.    

And don't worry about it not getting credit.   Dan Dierdorf, who did the analyst work on CBS today,  now has a huge man-crush on Luck.   He ***loved*** Luck's barking on the hard count.   He raved throughout the game about Luck.   He also gave props to the Colts' O-lineman for holding their water and not jumping as well.

This was a good day....      :thmup:

Well if you watch Luck it's hard NOT to love him :)

It did not just come out of no where. think playing the Texans at their place first they really did not get the actual sense of how his hard count worked due to their crowd/maybe some silent count.  Also it seemed the first time we played they were jumping the snap.  Either way we looked like we are finally  "getting it" all phases made plays today. just gotta get some key guys back for next sunday and see what we do.

I definitely noticed that teams were timing our snaps a little too well in the 2nd half of the season... B.A. must've noticed as well because Luck has been dynamite with the hard count since the Detroit game..

I can't wait for these guys to get another full offseason and preseason together... You can't expect much better than we have gotten this year, but Houston better check themselves.. :coltshorse: