Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AP better win the MVP and comeback player awards

Brooklyn Colt

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP will go to Manning. Peterson will get OPOY. They'll split the CPOY.

Peterson probably needed the record. This isn't the first, or even second, time Peyton ahs gone against a 2000 yard rusher.

It doesn't really matter. Getting or not getting an award doesn't make their seasons.

I won't take anything away from AP because he has had an amazing season. Jamal Lewis had the same/if not a better season in '03, and he didn't even get an MVP.

Whoever gets the award gets it, but history says it goes to Peyton.

Why this love hate over MVP? I'll admit I stirred the pot a bit, but C'mon people..

He ran well, but judas.. lay off the love sauce. 'Omg, he is so amazing!' Get a room.

Considering that most teams stack the box against the Vikings and he still produce like he does; what would you call him?

If Peterson doesn't win the MVP after today it officially is a joke. There is no way I could vote against him now. And I was on the Rodgers wagon.

It was officially a joke when Brees put up 5,000+ and lost to Rodgers. It was also a joke when Steve Young won it over Warren Moon back in the 90's only to get blown out badly by the Cowboys in the playoffs.

It was officially a joke when Brees put up 5,000+ and lost to Rodgers. It was also a joke when Steve Young won it over Warren Moon back in the 90's only to get blown out badly by the Cowboys in the playoffs.

If Arians or Arians/Pagano do not win the coaching award then it really is a joke.

11-5 baby.

Adrian Peterson - MVP, Bruce Arians (not Pagano) - coach of the year

Peyton - comeback player of the year

How many more chances will AP get with a season like this? I am one of the biggest Peyton fans that there is but I want AP to at least share, if not win the MVP outright.

Peyton and Brady have enough of a supporting cast, not the case with Peterson, makes him much more valuable, IMO. Now that he has made the playoffs, you cant use the "MVP cannot be on a non-playoff team" argument anymore. :)

He wont win both.  Odds are him and Manning will split one will be the MVP and the other will be comeback player of the year.  I want to this though people can't have it both ways.  Elway is the favorite for GM of the Year for going out on a limb and risking it all on Peyton Manning after four neck surgeries and not knowing if he could play anymore and then turn around down play the injury he came back from when talking about come back player of the year.  It's either amazing that Peyton came back from it or it's not.  It's not amazing for one award and not for the other. 

I think the scene where AP's team picked him up and carried him off the field on their shoulders pretty much says it all. If Peterson doesn't win the MVP, the award is officially a total sham.

If it doesn't go to Peterson, Aaron Rodgers has quietly put up some serious numbers this year.. 39 TDs, 8 interceptions and 4300 yards for him, and hes had key receivers missing most of the year and not much of a running game to speak of. There are much more deserving people than Manning for the MVP award this year.. 1) Adrian Peterson 2) Aaron Rodgers 3) Tom Brady 4) Peyton Manning

I think the scene where AP's team picked him up and carried him off the field on their shoulders pretty much says it all. If Peterson doesn't win the MVP, the award is officially a total sham.

If it doesn't go to Peterson, Aaron Rodgers has quietly put up some serious numbers this year.. 39 TDs, 8 interceptions and 4300 yards for him, and hes had key receivers missing most of the year and not much of a running game to speak of. There are much more deserving people than Manning for the MVP award this year.. 1) Adrian Peterson 2) Aaron Rodgers 3) Tom Brady 4) Peyton Manning

No it's not.  Peyton Manning has a very strong case for him as well.  Much like rookie of the year you can't go wrong with either guy.

The only two that shouldn't really be contests are coach of the year and DPOY. 

Peyton has 4 MVPs guys lol. Is it more important to win MVP or for Peyton to win a Super Bowl? I think Peyton himself would be happy for Peterson winning it and sees his greatness this season.

But, who knows how the voting will go down.

I think Peyton would like to win both if he can :).  In all seriousness I don't think Peyton cares much about MVP awards.  I think he's appreciates winning them but I've never thought Peyton sets his sits on it when comes up with his season goals. 

I wanted it for him so bad.

Last game of the year. Teams destiny on the line, win and your in, division rival. He runs for 199 and has 2 TDs.....THAT is an MVP.

I couldn't care less about the Vikings... But I watched the game on the sole purpose of watching AP break that record. I wanted him to have it so badly. Was mad that they didn't give him one last run or even try in OT. But the guy is a team player and he got them a W.

I love Peyton and he will forever be my guy but what AP have done this year is amazing..he literally put that team in his back and carried them to the playoffs..9 yds of breaking the record..that has got to hurt a little smh..

Sounds pretty much what Peyton did, except the neck injury with 4 surgeries was far more serious so he gets the awards.....IMHO of course.

I couldn't care less about the Vikings... But I watched the game on the sole purpose of watching AP break that record. I wanted him to have it so badly. Was mad that they didn't give him one last run or even try in OT. But the guy is a team player and he got them a W.

They wanted to win the game to get in the playoffs. It was a chip shot FG, not sure what Leslie Frazier could have done more in that situation with 3 seconds to go. :)

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="noah larson" data-cid="374709"><p>It's going to be a co- MVP for Manning and Peterson, both these guys really deseve it!!!</p></blockquote><br />Co MVP Peterson and Rodgers.<br /><br />

Rodgers and Brady both had better years statistically than Manning, and they did it with less. AP should be the sole MVP, if he shares it there are more deserving, but the media loves their Manning.. not to mention they have to make sure the 50 restaurants he opened with the officially sponsored by the NFL, Papa Johns.. This award will forever be tarnished if Manning wins it this year.

I don't think he should win CPOY, personally. I don't think he missed enough time last year. MVP, sure. OPOY, yes. 

The thing that makes AD recovery is not the time he spend out but how quick he came back. He tore his ACL and MCL, came back sooner than most expected, and almost broke the rushing record. That's remarkable.

The thing that makes AD recovery is not the time he spend out but how quick he came back. He tore his ACL and MCL, came back sooner than most expected, and almost broke the rushing record. That's remarkable.

It is. I've just always thought of the CPOY award as going to someone who missed a considerable portion of the previous season.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="noah larson" data-cid="374709"><p>It's going to be a co- MVP for Manning and Peterson, both these guys really deseve it!!!</p></blockquote><br />Co MVP Peterson and Rodgers.<br /><br />

Rodgers and Brady both had better years statistically than Manning, and they did it with less. AP should be the sole MVP, if he shares it there are more deserving, but the media loves their Manning.. not to mention they have to make sure the 50 restaurants he opened with the officially sponsored by the NFL, Papa Johns.. This award will forever be tarnished if Manning wins it this year.

Rodgers did. Brady didn't. If you want to argue that the award is tarnished because Manning wins it over a marginally better Rodgers, then it's kind of obvious that you are a Manning hater. You do realize that you can be a Brady supporter without being a Manning hater, right? AP should win it, but if they decide to go with a QB since it has become a QB award, Manning is just as deserving as any other QB.

It wouldn't bother me to see Rodgers or Brady win it if Peterson gets overlooked, but then again, fandom doesn't get in my way of recognizing greatness.

It is. I've just always thought of the CPOY award as going to someone who missed a considerable portion of the previous season.

Actually, people get comeback player of the year for sucking one year and play considerably better the next year...lol.

In an interview with Kurt Warner, Warner tells Peyton that Eli admitted Peyton has had the better career with the 4 MVP's.  Peyton didn't disagree, he just smiled.  I don't think he wanted to admit Eli's was better for winning more Super Bowls or because maybe he thinks winning 4 MVP's is the better achievement.  Who knows.  Maybe he thinks having more Papa John franchises is the greater achievement.  They are giving away 2,000,000 instead of 1,000,000 and it was Peyton's idea :)