Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AP better win the MVP and comeback player awards

Brooklyn Colt

In an interview with Kurt Warner, Warner tells Peyton that Eli admitted Peyton has had the better career with the 4 MVP's. Peyton didn't disagree, he just smiled. I don't think he wanted to admit Eli's was better for winning more Super Bowls or because maybe he thinks winning 4 MVP's is the better achievement. Who knows. Maybe he thinks having more Papa John franchises is the greater achievement. They are giving away 2,000,000 instead of 1,000,000 and it was Peyton's idea :)I just used 7 pts this past Sunday to get a lg 3 topping pizza. PM owns about 20-23 Papa Johns Franchises

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that makes AD recovery is not the time he spend out but how quick he came back. He tore his ACL and MCL, came back sooner than most expected, and almost broke the rushing record. That's remarkable.

And some expected Peyton to NEVER come back,  but he did, and took his team to #1 seed in the Playoffs.  That too is remarkable.

and for the record... They are both worthy of winning.

An argument can be made for 3 or 4 guys for pretty much any of these awards. Whether it's MVP one of the rookie awards or Coach/Executive of the year.

I could make a case for Manning, Peterson, Brady Rodgers and maybe even a couple of others for MVP. I wouldn't say that it is a sham if any of those 4 or so won it. 

Some are quick to discredit people for what team they play for and that is on them. 

I would vote for Manning, and I would be disappointed if he didn't win it. I don't think that he will. I believe Peterson will win, and like I said I could make an argument for him. It won't be the first time Manning hasn't won the award.  But I won't sit here and say the award is a sham if Brady or Rodgers won it. That would be shortsighted bordering on ignorant. 

In an interview with Kurt Warner, Warner tells Peyton that Eli admitted Peyton has had the better career with the 4 MVP's.  Peyton didn't disagree, he just smiled.  I don't think he wanted to admit Eli's was better for winning more Super Bowls or because maybe he thinks winning 4 MVP's is the better achievement.  Who knows.  Maybe he thinks having more Papa John franchises is the greater achievement.  They are giving away 2,000,000 instead of 1,000,000 and it was Peyton's idea :)

Don't forget the 8 point Sunday...lol.

IMO u give the NFL MVP to AD. Not just b/c Payton has 4 but AD deserves it. W/o AD MN is nothing. Give the come back player of the year to Manning

Yes and yes. They are both deserving and I think it would be fair to give out the awards like this. They have both had CPOY and MVP caliber seasons, but Peterson put that offense on his back and inspired the team all the way to a playoff spot. That is an MVP performance. Manning came back after most people had given him up for good and put together the leagues longest winning streak of the season and transformed the offense into a very efficient machine. That is CPOY.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="noah larson" data-cid="374709"><p>It's going to be a co- MVP for Manning and Peterson, both these guys really deseve it!!!</p></blockquote><br />Co MVP Peterson and Rodgers.<br /><br />

Rodgers and Brady both had better years statistically than Manning, and they did it with less. AP should be the sole MVP, if he shares it there are more deserving, but the media loves their Manning.. not to mention they have to make sure the 50 restaurants he opened with the officially sponsored by the NFL, Papa Johns.. This award will forever be tarnished if Manning wins it this year.

The term "most valuable player" means just that.  The Broncos were 8-8 without him and look to be serious Super Bowl contenders this year, the Pats benefit from having Bill Belichick for a coach and when Brady was out for a year they still made the playoffs.  Rodgers is a great QB and deserves serious consideration but his Packers team also would do very well without him at the helm, Manning is clearly the only choice in my book....but I don't vote....

The term "most valuable player" means just that.  The Broncos were 8-8 without him and look to be serious Super Bowl contenders this year, the Pats benefit from having Bill Belichick for a coach and when Brady was out for a year they still made the playoffs.  Rodgers is a great QB and deserves serious consideration but his Packers team also would do very well without him at the helm, Manning is clearly the only choice in my book....but I don't vote....

Before the HATMC jumps your post. The Patriots did miss the playoffs with Cassell. Barely.. but they still missed it... 

Before the HATMC jumps your post. The Patriots did miss the playoffs with Cassell. Barely.. but they still missed it... 

Oh, sorry too late to correct it.  Guess I'll stat check in the future instead of trusting my memory....anyone got any extra brain cells?  I burnt a bunch out in the 70s....lol

you know you make comments about teams making the playoffs without the QB, but I find it extremely interesting, that in your analysis of Brady and Rodgers and thier respective teams' success and playoff entry, you fail to mention the Peytonless Broncos won the division and made the playoffs last year with a QB that 30 our of 32 GMs would not want within 100 miles of their team . . . (not to mention the fact that the Bradyless patriots missed the playoffs when he was out altho they did go 11-5, which happens to be +/- five losses from 07, the same difference 11/12 Broncos teams).

Manning has done great, but on a team with a top 5 D in a few catagories, I believe overall D and scoring D, what he has been able to do in Denver is to do what the elite QBs can do and that is to add 3 plus or minus games to the win column for the team from the average backup, given that TB might be below that 5 plus wins is not out of the realm of what is expected . . .

for me it stills comes down to AP, sure he was on the team last year, but as we have seen in '04,'07, and '11 even the great players can elevate their game to put up all worldly numbers even tho they are on the same team but in doing so help their team garner more wins than the year previous . . .

given that the Vikings had only 3 wins last year, and that thier are in a tough division with two playoff teams and the #7 seed (and the 3 divisional opponents have a collective 25 wins to 13 wins for hte 3 afc west opponents - not to mention the fact that the vikings would win that division by 3 wins if they were in it) . . .i would give the MVP to a guy that help his team gain 7 wins more than last year (which is more than 5) and get into the playoffs . . . while coming within one or two handoffs of the all time record . . . and as all time records go with players on playoff teams, we know how the 84, 04, 07, and 11 MVP awards went . . .

and also given the fact that manning is not the top in any of his catagories, like the aforementioned years, i can not see how he has separated himself from any ole QB on a #1 seeded team . . . what are we going to do next year if a team presently in the 3-5 seeding, goes on to be a #1 seed and thier QB is in top five in a handful of catagories, are we ready, at this point in time, crown him the MVP by default? I do not think so . . .

for me it is AP all day . . .

An argument can be made for 3 or 4 guys for pretty much any of these awards. Whether it's MVP one of the rookie awards or Coach/Executive of the year.

I could make a case for Manning, Peterson, Brady Rodgers and maybe even a couple of others for MVP. I wouldn't say that it is a sham if any of those 4 or so won it. 

Some are quick to discredit people for what team they play for and that is on them. 

I would vote for Manning, and I would be disappointed if he didn't win it. I don't think that he will. I believe Peterson will win, and like I said I could make an argument for him. It won't be the first time Manning hasn't won the award.  But I won't sit here and say the award is a sham if Brady or Rodgers won it. That would be shortsighted bordering on ignorant. 

yes Brady has done well, but i would be very dissappointed if he got the MVP over AP . . . maybe it would not bother me if he kept his INTs down below say 6, and had won that game against SF and secured the #1 seed, if that had happened, he would be leading the league in fewest INTs and leading his team to the most TDs (which he has anyways), btw, i dont get too wrapped in a handful of passing versus rushing TDs as the difference their is whether or not the team runs the ball on first and goal from the 2 or does a play action pass . . . so overall TDs drives for me will trump who has more passing TDs . . .

Given the injuries to the packers, i would be less bothered if Rodgers won it, but still be bother by it . . .

as for PM, has had a great year, help instill some championship level confidence in Denver, but like I said in the prior post, I would give it to AP, and as with Rodgers, I would be bothered by it . . . indeed if a RB can't win it in this type of year, without a QB breaking the bank in stats (like Marino did in 84 to trump Dickerson), when can it go to a RB . . .

as for 2nd place it would be a toss up between rodgers (solid numbers with injuries), manning (#1 seed in Denver, great numbers), and Brady (great production and few TEs injuries)

I agree with the MVP, but let's not forget that Peyton had a neck injury. Everyone knew that Peterson was gonna be back to his former self, albeit not as fast, but there were questions as to whether or not Peyton would even take another snap. Peterson should win MVP, but Manning should win CPOY.

yes Brady has done well, but i would be very dissappointed if he got the MVP over AP . . . maybe it would not bother me if he kept his INTs down below say 6, and had won that game against SF and secured the #1 seed, if that had happened, he would be leading the league in fewest INTs and leading his team to the most TDs (which he has anyways), btw, i dont get too wrapped in a handful of passing versus rushing TDs as the difference their is whether or not the team runs the ball on first and goal from the 2 or does a play action pass . . . so overall TDs drives for me will trump who has more passing TDs . . .

Given the injuries to the packers, i would be less bothered if Rodgers won it, but still be bother by it . . .

as for PM, has had a great year, help instill some championship level confidence in Denver, but like I said in the prior post, I would give it to AP, and as with Rodgers, I would be bothered by it . . . indeed if a RB can't win it in this type of year, without a QB breaking the bank in stats (like Marino did in 84 to trump Dickerson), when can it go to a RB . . .

as for 2nd place it would be a toss up between rodgers (solid numbers with injuries), manning (#1 seed in Denver, great numbers), and Brady (great production and few TEs injuries)

I guess one thing I'm hung up on is what the quarterbacks do each and every play. I believe Brady and Manning do more adjustments at the LOS than Rodgers, but they are responsible for so much more in each and every game.  

I don't believe there is "replacing" any of those 4 players, but I'd say that if I ranked them from how quickly they would/could be replaced would be Peterson, Rodgers, Brady and then Manning.  Part of that has to deal with their back ups, part of that has to deal with the systems that are installed. 

I had issues in 2005 & 2006 with Shaun Alexander and LaDainian Tomlinson winning it.

So maybe I'm prejudiced against non-quarterbacks. Maybe I put more value in the quarterback position. I know if I were given NFL team #33, and it came with the consideration that I could have either a great/elite/top-of-the-line quarterback, running back or wide receiver, I'd take QB every single time.  I think most would. 

To me Adrian Peterson & Calvin Johnson both have had outstanding offensive performances, which is why I had them sharing OPOY on my "ballot". To me neither one is the most valuable player of the National Football League but each should be recognized, 

you know you make comments about teams making the playoffs without the QB, but I find it extremely interesting, that in your analysis of Brady and Rodgers and thier respective teams' success and playoff entry, you fail to mention the Peytonless Broncos won the division and made the playoffs last year with a QB that 30 our of 32 GMs would not want within 100 miles of their team . . . (not to mention the fact that the Bradyless patriots missed the playoffs when he was out altho they did go 11-5, which happens to be +/- five losses from 07, the same difference 11/12 Broncos teams).

Manning has done great, but on a team with a top 5 D in a few catagories, I believe overall D and scoring D, what he has been able to do in Denver is to do what the elite QBs can do and that is to add 3 plus or minus games to the win column for the team from the average backup, given that TB might be below that 5 plus wins is not out of the realm of what is expected . . .

for me it stills comes down to AP, sure he was on the team last year, but as we have seen in '04,'07, and '11 even the great players can elevate their game to put up all worldly numbers even tho they are on the same team but in doing so help their team garner more wins than the year previous . . .

given that the Vikings had only 3 wins last year, and that thier are in a tough division with two playoff teams and the #7 seed (and the 3 divisional opponents have a collective 25 wins to 13 wins for hte 3 afc west opponents - not to mention the fact that the vikings would win that division by 3 wins if they were in it) . . .i would give the MVP to a guy that help his team gain 7 wins more than last year (which is more than 5) and get into the playoffs . . . while coming within one or two handoffs of the all time record . . . and as all time records go with players on playoff teams, we know how the 84, 04, 07, and 11 MVP awards went . . .

and also given the fact that manning is not the top in any of his catagories, like the aforementioned years, i can not see how he has separated himself from any ole QB on a #1 seeded team . . . what are we going to do next year if a team presently in the 3-5 seeding, goes on to be a #1 seed and thier QB is in top five in a handful of catagories, are we ready, at this point in time, crown him the MVP by default? I do not think so . . .

for me it is AP all day . . .

Your arguing the Broncos defense was a top 5 last year? They were not. BTW, they only became a top 5 defense a couple weeks ago. They have not been a top 5 for the last 2 years.

They beat the steelers in the wild card.. steelers. In OT, and that last drive was all DT.

Wiining a division at 8-8 is not some wonderful achievement I'd been throwing around. Once the defenses of the leauge got some tape on Tebow, they learned how to play him. In a passing leauge, they werent used to a QB if you can call him that, going mobile as much as he did.

Lets face it, without Peyton, they werent sniffing the playoffs nor a winning record this year with Tebow. Let alone a 13-3 record, winning 11 straight, winning each game by 7 or more points, and a #1 seed/first round bye.

Fox, JDR, and Peyton have certainly been busy in Denver. So your going to hold team work against him?? Why? Is that not what an MVP does? Gets his team working on all cylinders? Feeding off eachother? Is that not what Peyton did in Denver? Coaches, team, players all feeding off one another? That is an MVP.

Not some ridiculous argument that to only be an MVP, the rest of your team has to suck. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So AP gets it because his coaches suck, Ponder sucks, he has a great oline??? Yet, Peyton helped elevate the Broncos to a whole new level and demonstrated to a Tebowmainia town that only through team work, can greatness be achieved.

I get sick of reading these comments of ya but AP has a mediocre QB, coaches and is missing a WR! And he came back from a knee injury.

Yet, when the argument is made for Peyton, new coaches, new team, 4 neck surgeries he is only able to be mentioned as a CBPOY? Ludicrous!

I'm not against AP, but that argument for AP cannot be used to help him and hold it against Peyton. Judas.

How on Earth is Peyton more valuable to his team than Brady or Peterson?

Brady beat Peyton, and had to carry his team far more than Peyton did. If you don't think so, please compare defenses. Brady had to do more to support his team's mediocre defense.

Peyton therefore had to do less, because his defense stopped other teams' offenses more often than the Patriots' did. Look at points.

Not only that, but Brady led the best offense in the NFL. By far, in fact.

Brady beat Peyton, and had to carry his team far more than Peyton did. If you don't think so, please compare defenses. Brady had to do more to support his team's mediocre defense.

Peyton therefore had to do less, because his defense stopped other teams' offenses more often than the Patriots' did. Look at points.

Not only that, but Brady led the best offense in the NFL. By far, in fact.

Lol you just cant stand it and evidently dont understand it,Brady is surrounded by the best talent,Peyton makes everyone around him better ,therfore making talent.IMO hes the reason your Brady wont be going to the SB,oops musnt forget that BA defense Denver has as well.Dont get me wrong Bradys a Hall of Famer as well,but hes not in Peytons class apparently most NFL fans agree,and we will probably find out the Powers that be do as well.Coming in this forum and expecting to get sympathy isnt gonna happen,except with a few.We also have another QB here before its all said an done is going to be just like PM ,just with more physical ability,unless something bad happens.Have a great New Year :thmup:

Sure lets do that. New England defense averages 2.6 takeaways per game and Denver's averages 1.5 a game. Not to mention that New England has a significantly better running game and significantly better receiving core. 

Rodgers did. Brady didn't. If you want to argue that the award is tarnished because Manning wins it over a marginally better Rodgers, then it's kind of obvious that you are a Manning hater. You do realize that you can be a Brady supporter without being a Manning hater, right? AP should win it, but if they decide to go with a QB since it has become a QB award, Manning is just as deserving as any other QB.

It wouldn't bother me to see Rodgers or Brady win it if Peterson gets overlooked, but then again, fandom doesn't get in my way of recognizing greatness.

Im not a Manning hater, it would just kill me and most fans inside to watch someone who already has 4 MVPs win another one when he has not done anything spectacular this year compared to other players. Rodgers has had a tough road this year, hes had his receivers go down all year long but was still producing, on top of not having a running game to speak of either. Brady has dealt with injuries to his offensive line and tight ends all year long, and has had a horrible defense to back him up, forcing him to have to air it out and score more points just to give his team a chance to win...

Their stats are better, their situations demand more out of them than Manning's does and they're doing it with less support around them. Adrian Peterson is the clear MVP, but if he has to share it with anyone, it still shouldn't be Manning when there are 2 QBs who make a stronger case.. and when it comes down to stuff like that, you can't just keep piling MVP trophies in Manning's basement as a default vote. He has not outperformed anyone really this year, he hasnt put up eye popping numbers, hes just put up good numbers like he always does, and hes playing on the most complete team in the entire NFL right now. The same team that Tebow won 1 less game with last year, with a harder schedule.

He hasn't done enough this year to separate himself above anyone else, and given the volatility of other teams, their teams have demanded more out of their QBs than the Broncos have with Manning. Even the NFL Network was talking last night about how the Broncos have won quite a few games this year because of their defensive play. Manning has a safety net behind him with that defense, and he has a super star in Demarious Thomas.. That catch that Thomas made in the back of the end zone was ridiculous.. the guy is an incredible talent, along with Decker, that offensive line and that running game, they're a very formidable TEAM.

The fact that Manning has 4 already DOES hurt him, solely because of the reasons I mentioned above. He has not done anything that sticks out above anyone else, and there are QBs with better stats in worse situations than him... So to give him a 5th one over Adrian Peterson, or those other 2 QBs would be a TRAVESTY, forever tarnishing what little meaning that award had left.

The fact that Manning has 4 already DOES hurt him, solely because of the reasons I mentioned above. He has not done anything that sticks out above anyone else, and there are QBs with better stats in worse situations than him... So to give him a 5th one over Adrian Peterson, or those other 2 QBs would be a TRAVESTY, forever tarnishing what little meaning that award had left.

If having the Best Winning Record in the AFC  doesn't stick out......   What does...???

If accomplishing that AFTER  most people in the industry and fan base were ready to

count you OUT and never coming back again..  doesn't stick out......  What does?"

Just because he makes it look Easy,  certainly doesn't mean it was.

And the fact that he already has 4,  should not hinder  him from earning more.

Without a doubt, Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning have both had seasons deserving of MVP and comeback player of the year honors. I don't see anything wrong with honoring them both with co-MVP and co-comeback player of the year honors. They are both deserving and we would be splitting hairs trying to determine which player was more valuable to their team, or which player had a more awesome comeback year. Had Adrian broken ED's rushing record I might have been swayed in his favor for MVP but in a similar fashion Peyton missed the entire year last year whereas AP only missed a few games. Like I said, splitting hairs, both are deserving and way ahead of any of the also rans. Honor them both with equal kudos.

Sure lets do that. New England defense averages 2.6 takeaways per game and Denver's averages 1.5 a game. Not to mention that New England has a significantly better running game and significantly better receiving core.

And how many points per game does NE's defense give up compared to Denver's?

Oh, sorry too late to correct it.  Guess I'll stat check in the future instead of trusting my memory....anyone got any extra brain cells?  I burnt a bunch out in the 70s....lol

Hee Hee Hee!! I hear ya on that 70's thing. OH, wait, when was the 70's again??? :scratch::dunno::thinking: Just forget it, it's useless

even trying.

20 for New England 18 for Denver. Not a very large discrepancy.

Not much? Football is a game of inches.. That 2 point differential is the difference between the Patriots winning 2 more games... The first 3 games of the season that they lost were by a combined total of 4 points.. They lost by 1 to seattle, 1 to the ravens and lost by 2 to the Cardinals after Ghostkowksi missed the game winning field goal. So tell me again how 2 points isn't a large discrepancy? Its the difference between the Broncos being the #1 seed and having home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the #2 seed and having to potentially travel back to New England in the snow for the AFCCG.

2 points is huge in football terms. You are not fooling anyone if you try to say that the Broncos defense is the same as the Patriots. The Broncos are in the top 5 in every important category there is as a team, they're the most complete team in the league and you'd have a hard time finding anyone who thought otherwise. Manning is playing great this year, but he is not the Most Valuable Player this year, he is playing on a totally complete team that is hitting on all cylinders across all phases of the game. This is the same team that Tebow took to the playoffs last year. Manning is not the 2nd coming of Christ, hes a great quarterback playing great football, but there are people playing great football that are doing more than he is this year, starting with Adrian Peterson.

If having the Best Winning Record in the AFC  doesn't stick out......   What does...???

If accomplishing that AFTER  most people in the industry and fan base were ready to

count you OUT and never coming back again..  doesn't stick out......  What does?"

Just because he makes it look Easy,  certainly doesn't mean it was.

And the fact that he already has 4,  should not hinder  him from earning more.

The best record by a single game, they are not blowing people out of the water or anything and they've had a very friendly schedule to boot. 1 game difference and they have a more complete TEAM.

The other point you made does not have any relevance to the MVP award, you're just sensationalizing like its a Walt Disney movie to make it a more feel good story, him coming back from injury, despite what anyone might have said, has nothing to do with this award.

Not much? Football is a game of inches.. That 2 point differential is the difference between the Patriots winning 2 more games... The first 3 games of the season that they lost were by a combined total of 4 points.. They lost by 1 to seattle, 1 to the ravens and lost by 2 to the Cardinals after Ghostkowksi missed the game winning field goal. So tell me again how 2 points isn't a large discrepancy? Its the difference between the Broncos being the #1 seed and having home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the #2 seed and having to potentially travel back to New England in the snow for the AFCCG.

2 points is huge in football terms. You are not fooling anyone if you try to say that the Broncos defense is the same as the Patriots. The Broncos are in the top 5 in every important category there is as a team, they're the most complete team in the league and you'd have a hard time finding anyone who thought otherwise. Manning is playing great this year, but he is not the Most Valuable Player this year, he is playing on a totally complete team that is hitting on all cylinders across all phases of the game. This is the same team that Tebow took to the playoffs last year. Manning is not the 2nd coming of Christ, hes a great quarterback playing great football, but there are people playing great football that are doing more than he is this year, starting with Adrian Peterson.

If Brady is so good I'm sure he can score more than 20 point so yeah in terms of how each team is able to score at will it's not a large discrepancy.

I am going to ignore everything else you said because last time you made the same arguments and I refuted them point for point and you never responded so I don't feel like wasting my time in doing it again.

The best record by a single game, they are not blowing people out of the water or anything and they've had a very friendly schedule to boot. 1 game difference and they have a more complete TEAM.

The other point you made does not have any relevance to the MVP award, you're just sensationalizing like its a Walt Disney movie to make it a more feel good story, him coming back from injury, despite what anyone might have said, has nothing to do with this award.

But it does have relevance to the CPOY Award.  That is part of the Title of this Thread.

And to the other point,  It  Is  a Feel Good Story for me.   And quite honestly,  I don't even know why I'm discussing this.  I could really care less about the awards.     Peyton's season speaks for itself.

If Brady is so good I'm sure he can score more than 20 point so yeah in terms of how each team is able to score at will it's not a large discrepancy.

Its a huge discrepancy and I just pointed it out to you that those 2 points would have literally made the difference in 3 games for the Patriots this year.. The two games that they lost by 1 point, they would have won, and the game they lost by 2 points (after missing a game winning FG) would have been tied and sent to overtime.

That is a potential 3 game discrepancy in a conference where the #1 and #2 seeds are 0.5 game a part (half game because the Patriots have the tie breaker on them heads up) Yet you respond with "if Brady is so good yada yada"... Yea exactly, Brady has to be so good, he has to have his offense scoring the 3rd most points in NFL history just to have a shot to win games, because his defense can fail him at any moment and allow the other team to keep piling on points.

Last week against the Dolphins was the best defense they've played all year, but the score would have been much closer if not for some very timely turnovers. Thats the problem with turnovers, you really can't rely on them as a defense to succeed. You need to be a sound and stout defense in the playoffs, otherwise you just need good fortune on your side to try and get some turnovers. I'd rather rely on a consistently good defense over a defense that HAS to get turnovers to play well.

But it does have relevance to the CPOY Award.  That is part of the Title of this Thread.

And to the other point,  It  Is  a Feel Good Story for me.   And quite honestly,  I don't even know why I'm discussing this.  I could really care less about the awards.     Peyton's season speaks for itself.

Some wish to discount the full picture because it doesn't fit their agenda. 

Im not a Manning hater, it would just kill me and most fans inside to watch someone who already has 4 MVPs win another one when he has not done anything spectacular this year compared to other players. Rodgers has had a tough road this year, hes had his receivers go down all year long but was still producing, on top of not having a running game to speak of either. Brady has dealt with injuries to his offensive line and tight ends all year long, and has had a horrible defense to back him up, forcing him to have to air it out and score more points just to give his team a chance to win...Their stats are better, their situations demand more out of them than Manning's does and they're doing it with less support around them. Adrian Peterson is the clear MVP, but if he has to share it with anyone, it still shouldn't be Manning when there are 2 QBs who make a stronger case.. and when it comes down to stuff like that, you can't just keep piling MVP trophies in Manning's basement as a default vote. He has not outperformed anyone really this year, he hasnt put up eye popping numbers, hes just put up good numbers like he always does, and hes playing on the most complete team in the entire NFL right now. The same team that Tebow won 1 less game with last year, with a harder schedule.He hasn't done enough this year to separate himself above anyone else, and given the volatility of other teams, their teams have demanded more out of their QBs than the Broncos have with Manning. Even the NFL Network was talking last night about how the Broncos have won quite a few games this year because of their defensive play. Manning has a safety net behind him with that defense, and he has a super star in Demarious Thomas.. That catch that Thomas made in the back of the end zone was ridiculous.. the guy is an incredible talent, along with Decker, that offensive line and that running game, they're a very formidable TEAM.The fact that Manning has 4 already DOES hurt him, solely because of the reasons I mentioned above. He has not done anything that sticks out above anyone else, and there are QBs with better stats in worse situations than him... So to give him a 5th one over Adrian Peterson, or those other 2 QBs would be a TRAVESTY, forever tarnishing what little meaning that award had left.

Again. I think Peterson deserves it. Rodgers has slightly better numbers and has had more issues with his weapons, agreed. Brady has not out produced Peyton. Peyton had 3 more TDs) Better completion percentage, better passer rating (I'm not talking about that weird QBR thing either), while Brady outperformed in total yards, Total completions (by 1), and three fewer INTs. Statistically they were just about equal. Brady had some injuries to deal with, but so did Peyton. The Pats defense gave up more yards, but were second in the league in takeaways. Brady won head to head, Peyton helped lead his team to the #1 seed in the AFC.

Looking at performance this season and taking away the feel good story of Peyton coming back to lead a new team, Adrian Peterson should be first and then Rodgers in the voting. If they want to go the Brady or Manning route then it's a flip of the coin. It wouldn't "tarnish" the entire award in the least if the voters chose any of the above candidates. They have all performed at an MVP level and one of the above is head and shoulders above the rest. I'm pulling for Peterson though because he might not ever be in contention again.

Some wish to discount the full picture because it doesn't fit their agenda. 

Discount the full picture? What picture is that exactly? A feel good story does not warrant MVP consideration, it is strictly for performance on the field and the value that player has to their franchise. Thats fine if people like the feel good story, it is a good story, but that is irrelevant when it comes to the MVP of the NFL.

Discount the full picture? What picture is that exactly? A feel good story does not warrant MVP consideration, it is strictly for performance on the field and the value that player has to their franchise. Thats fine if people like the feel good story, it is a good story, but that is irrelevant when it comes to the MVP of the NFL.

OK, well if that's the criteria then Andrew luck should be the mvp. The colts won nine more games than they did last year without him

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 2, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 2, 2013 - inflammatory

You wouldn't being to comprehend my response because you are too closed-minded about it. So why should I even bother. So Thanks but no thanks... Happy New Year, enjoy your calendar. 

Again. I think Peterson deserves it. Rodgers has slightly better numbers and has had more issues with his weapons, agreed. Brady has not out produced Peyton. Peyton had 3 more TDs) Better completion percentage, better passer rating (I'm not talking about that weird QBR thing either), while Brady outperformed in total yards, Total completions (by 1), and three fewer INTs. Statistically they were just about equal. Brady had some injuries to deal with, but so did Peyton. The Pats defense gave up more yards, but were second in the league in takeaways. Brady won head to head, Peyton helped lead his team to the #1 seed in the AFC.

Looking at performance this season and taking away the feel good story of Peyton coming back to lead a new team, Adrian Peterson should be first and then Rodgers in the voting. If they want to go the Brady or Manning route then it's a flip of the coin. It wouldn't "tarnish" the entire award in the least if the voters chose any of the above candidates. They have all performed at an MVP level and one of the above is head and shoulders above the rest. I'm pulling for Peterson though because he might not ever be in contention again.

I agree with that whole post. They announce the MVP before the Super Bowl right?

OK, well if that's the criteria then Andrew luck should be the mvp. The colts won nine more games than they did last year without him

Sure, we'll see how many votes Andrew Luck gets for MVP. The Colts gave up on the season last year, so I don't really buy into the whole +/- win differential, and its not just because of Andrew Luck, that whole team has been playing better. I believe the team completely gave up last season and you could see it in their play on the field.

Hes got a good shot at the Rookie of the Year award, but that isn't a gimmie either with Alfred Morris, Russel Wilson and Robert Griffin all having had great rookie years. MVP's dont throw 18 interceptions though, so we'll see.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 2, 2013 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, January 2, 2013 - response to hidden post
You wouldn't being to comprehend my response because you are too closed-minded about it. So why should I even bother. So Thanks but no thanks... Happy New Year, enjoy your calendar. 

I could see why