Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucas Oil is turning into a fortress

UKColt13

LOL ... yep cause we usually have always lost at home.   geeesh!

This 11-5 team has less talent on it than last years 2-14 team .... just goes to show you any given sunday and how much they really just "QUIT" playing last year!

Lol "QUIT" playing. It sure helps losing an elite quarterback too.

Edited by 21isSuperman

And Rodriguez gets to stink up. haha Even though it's a new stadium, but is still Yankee stadium isn't it?

That's what they call it.  I still can't believe they didn't turn it into some form of museum.  Too much greatness played in that old building to tear it down and turn it into a parking lot. 

I went to a 4th of July game in 1998 vs. the Orioles which was the stadium's 75th anniversary.  They played Lou Gehrig's speech in its entirety. Knowing I was standing where someone else was in 1939 hearing those words, was a bit of an eerie feeling.

That's what they call it.  I still can't believe they didn't turn it into some form of museum.  Too much greatness played in that old building to tear it down and turn it into a parking lot. 

I went to a 4th of July game in 1998 vs. the Orioles.  They played Lou Gehrig's speech in its entirety. Knowing I was standing where someone else was in 1939 hearing those words, was a bit of an eerie feeling.

Your right on the money my Freind,Im a lifelong Cardinals fan for going on 49 years,but that stadium was full of history and nostalgia from some of the alltime greats :thmup:

Your right on the money my Freind,Im a lifelong Cardinals fan for going on 49 years,but that stadium was full of history and nostalgia from some of the alltime greats :thmup:

To me they could have done a lot with it, to preserve that type of history. You can't make things like that again. Huge difference in Yankee Stadium and the RCA Dome.

Cooperstown is a great trip. It's a little hamlet of a town and has all the history and stuff, but getting there is a chore. The building is kinda small.. Maybe they could have moved the concept of the hall of fame. Tons of people would have complained and I see that point of view and share that point of view to a point, but to me you don't throw away history like that.

In Atlanta, when they tore down Fulton County Stadium, they actually built a parking lot on it but at least they outlined the  the bases, infield/outfield/etc. , and have the spot where Aaron's 715th landed and tried to do some things like that. 

DSCF7194.JPG